U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 09:12 AM

3,268 posts, read 2,197,578 times

Advertisements

That is absolutely horrifying. The poor baby. I would like to punch and kick the parents in the face myself after hearing This. Wtf is wrong with people? Some people should not be parents. I am sorry I even found this articlW. But let's start protests about police right? how about let's start protesting about sh*t parents like these knes. Disgusting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2015, 09:22 AM

1,302 posts, read 1,223,589 times
What they needed was a really BIG mouse trap.
No more ferrets, no problems...

Old 01-25-2015, 09:39 AM

27,293 posts, read 15,063,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatsnext75 View Post
That is absolutely horrifying. The poor baby. I would like to punch and kick the parents in the face myself after hearing This. Wtf is wrong with people? Some people should not be parents. I am sorry I even found this articlW. But let's start protests about police right? how about let's start protesting about sh*t parents like these knes. Disgusting.
I don't know. Can we not care about more than one thing at a time?

Abusive/careless parents are an issue. Police brutality is an issue.

See?

Old 01-25-2015, 09:48 AM

4,598 posts, read 3,753,873 times
Why would anybody want a ferret as a pet? They are ugly and aggressive.

Old 01-25-2015, 09:51 AM
ERH

1,036 posts, read 1,494,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by portlandphi View Post
WOW!!!!!!! NICE NEIGHBORS YOU HAVE! I wonder if there will be people coming to your neighborhood to hate call them. Probably. It would be great if you could keep us posted on reactions to this crime.
This happened 10 years ago. It was a blip on the radar around here, replaced by the next biggest news story in a day or two.

Old 01-25-2015, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I don't know. Can we not care about more than one thing at a time?

Abusive/careless parents are an issue. Police brutality is an issue.

See?
um but no one is out protesting against bad parents...yet people are protesting against police on a daily basis. That was my point. I wish the police had been brutal to these parents.

Old 01-25-2015, 10:31 AM

4,787 posts, read 8,768,754 times
According to news reports, both parents are mentally challenged. Their children are all special needs ( and they have what -5 or 6 kids ? ). The family is well known to the local social welfare offices .

Unfortunately, this is one of those situations with no good ongoing results. The parents can't take care of the kids, there is no way to stop them from having more, the children and parents will need ongoing support of many kinds for the foreseeable future. It's just a mess with no good solution in sight.

Old 01-25-2015, 10:36 AM

8,180 posts, read 6,024,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatsnext75 View Post
um but no one is out protesting against bad parents...yet people are protesting against police on a daily basis. That was my point. I wish the police had been brutal to these parents.
So.. What would your reaction be to a protest that mentally challenged people can't have kids?

Because, prior to this event.. That's what the protest would have been about.

Are you suggesting we stop the mentally challenged from having kids? Forced sterilization? Didn't someone have that idea before?

And then.. Where's the cutoff? Frankly, I know people who aren't mentally challenged that are dumber than a box of rocks.. So, don't guess we can use an IQ test to determine who we're sterilizing..

I do get your emotion on it.. But things that make sense in your head don't always translate to working well in reality.

Perhaps, we should just chalk some things up to horrific accidents happen.. We can't stop all the bad things in the world. these parents apparently weren't on any radars. It's not like DSS was constantly monitoring the place and dropped the ball.

I had ferrets as pets when I was a kid.. Basically free roaming.. I wouldn't have them again.. But they're no different than any other pet. If this were a story about a pit bull doing the same thing.. people would be hollering for pit bulls to be banned. Again. Responsible pet owners don't leave newborns and pets alone together in the same room.

Old 01-25-2015, 10:42 AM

Horrific things do happen. So why is ok to protest over police killing a handful of criminals but it's too controversial to protest over unfit parents. we will never stop the wrong people from having children and we won't stop police or anyone else from killing someone either. I feel more outraged by the senseless killing of babies and children due to stupid parents than I do by useless criminals being shot by police.

Old 01-25-2015, 04:21 PM

13,197 posts, read 7,417,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1984 View Post
Why would anybody want a ferret as a pet? They are ugly and aggressive.
I must agree. But people have all sorts of animals for pets that I find totally unappealing: snakes, tarantulas, fish, Chihuahuas, etc. . . The most important issue is that whichever pet a person chooses, he/she is responsible for supervising the pet at all times, and when the owner cannot, making sure the pet is safely confined away from others. Unfortunately, that didn't happen in this poor baby's case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events