U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 04:25 PM

2,878 posts, read 4,390,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Perhaps, we should just chalk some things up to horrific accidents happen.. We can't stop all the bad things in the world. these parents apparently weren't on any radars. It's not like DSS was constantly monitoring the place and dropped the ball.
But the parents WERE on the radar...they were being monitored by Children & Youth Services, and two other agencies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2015, 04:54 PM

27,252 posts, read 15,040,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatsnext75 View Post
um but no one is out protesting against bad parents...yet people are protesting against police on a daily basis. That was my point. I wish the police had been brutal to these parents.
Quote:
Horrific things do happen. So why is ok to protest over police killing a handful of criminals but it's too controversial to protest over unfit parents. we will never stop the wrong people from having children and we won't stop police or anyone else from killing someone either. I feel more outraged by the senseless killing of babies and children due to stupid parents than I do by useless criminals being shot by police.
No one, but no one, is stopping either of you from organizing a protest over unfit parents.

It's hard to protest things, though, that are glaringly obvious AND that we all agree upon.

Rally the troops. Go.

Old 01-25-2015, 05:05 PM

4,721 posts, read 4,287,502 times
There are threads that are begging for sarcasm and lightness. This is not one of those. There is nothing funny about a baby being mauled. I, for one, don't appreciate the people on here making fun, like the guy who said the baby should have been armed. The parents should be held liable, and people should not leave children unattended with animals of any kind around.

Old 01-25-2015, 06:38 PM

3,268 posts, read 2,195,046 times
This is sick. I started to tell someone this story and I couldn't do it. A newborn baby is so precious. I can't believe anyone could let this happen.

Old 01-25-2015, 10:39 PM

8,149 posts, read 6,006,827 times
Quote:
Horrific things do happen. So why is ok to protest over police killing a handful of criminals but it's too controversial to protest over unfit parents. we will never stop the wrong people from having children and we won't stop police or anyone else from killing someone either. I feel more outraged by the senseless killing of babies and children due to stupid parents than I do by useless criminals being shot by police.
'Cause this is America. Country was founded on protest.You can protest or demonstrate against anything.. Just have to be prepared for the backlash that could come from it. Remember.. This is a country where use of the word "retarded" sends people into a Politically Correct fueled tizzy.

Westboro Baptist Church. The Klan.. List goes on and on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraGirl123 View Post
But the parents WERE on the radar...they were being monitored by Children & Youth Services, and two other agencies.
Then there's the people to be upset with. Sure, the parents are at fault in the end.. But, why were the kids left in the conditions described? Based on the description of the house.. You don't 'clean it up' when DSS comes by. The animal is last in the list of things to blame. top of the list are DSS or whatever agencies were 'monitoring' them, followed by the parents.

Old 01-25-2015, 11:29 PM

26,163 posts, read 14,463,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul
So sad, I hope this poor baby can be helped with surgery.

You MUST use extreme caution when you have a baby/toddler/small kid and any type of animal.
I cant believe the mother didnt hear the baby crying!!!!!! (Im sure it hurt when the ferrets did this)

Poor baby

Old 01-26-2015, 10:52 AM

377 posts, read 492,018 times
These were 2 mentally challenged adults who between them have 5 special needs children. Does anyone else see a problem with this???? Our inability to infringe on anyone's reproductive rights is getting a tad ridiculous! Now we have a baby seriously injured because of the (literally) retarded parents. Sickening.

Old 01-26-2015, 12:45 PM

8,520 posts, read 4,741,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelCreator View Post
Cops: Pet ferrets maul newborn's face while mom is upstairs

That's it! Ban all Ferrets! They are a danger to babies and kids.
You seem to be a little confused. Ferrets don't need to be banned. This mother needs to be charged with child neglect!

Old 01-26-2015, 04:08 PM

421 posts, read 309,567 times
Obviously, A rodent is not good around babies. As we see so often in dog mauls, the animal is sadly put to death without a "trial". People's stupidity and lack of responsiblity as pet owners is to blame in most cases. People should be licensed
to raise pets and children. Babies and animals cannot speak up for themselves. We have to take care of them.

Old 01-26-2015, 08:28 PM

8,149 posts, read 6,006,827 times
A ferret isn't a rodent. It's a Mustelidae. Weasel family. Otters, wolverines, minks.. That sort of thing.

Many of the white ones are deaf.. They can actually be quite dangerous.. Not intentionally on their part.. They just get scared because they can't hear people.. You reach down to pick one up, especially while it's asleep (which is most of the time) it probably thinks you're a hawk.

But.. Yes.. Any animal should not be left with a small child. Regardless of what kind of animal it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events