U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 02:55 PM

11,355 posts, read 6,418,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriBee62 View Post
Where did I say that? Honestly, people on acid should stay off the internet.
You do realize that you're insulting someone in a thread about bullying, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2015, 02:56 PM

1,001 posts, read 818,383 times
I didn't make this thread to ask if she was being bullied. I asked if anyone else thought the father went too far to support his daughter.

Old 01-26-2015, 03:02 PM

11,355 posts, read 6,418,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stellastar2345 View Post
I didn't make this thread to ask if she was being bullied. I asked if anyone else thought the father went too far to support his daughter.
Well that's the issue. If actual bullying was taking place than perhaps no. However, more than anything this seemed to turn into an argument between the parents and one parent outwitted the other (who sounded drunk).

Old 01-29-2015, 04:44 AM

3,652 posts, read 3,733,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriBee62 View Post
Excuse me, but bullying is NOT a part of life. Once we grow up and get out of school, where is this kind of behavior acceptable? On the job? Not where I work. Someone bullies another employee and they are fired. At church? In stores? In bars? Bully people and you're asked to leave.

Maybe the day your child commits suicide over bullying, you'll think twice about the "kids will be kids" mentality we harbor here in the US.

Old 01-29-2015, 06:28 AM

23,903 posts, read 31,130,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stellastar2345 View Post
I do not. If the behavior of the offending people would have continued, it could have really taken a toll on the girl. I commend the father for taking action. However, if it were me, I expect that I would have gone to the school and spoken to the authorities there. These were children from the girl's school, so clearly it was a school issue. That said, I don't know that the school would have ever uncovered the atrocious issue with the father.

Old 02-02-2015, 01:49 AM

111 posts, read 82,986 times
But the father went to school and they were investigating. Only it didn't help much. The bullies' father didn't want to talk with school authorities. So victim's father did whatever he could to help his daughter. He tried through the authorities, he tried direct approach with diplomacy. Not only didn't it work but became worse (with bully dad voice messages).

So no, Good Dad didn't go overboard. He did the right thing.

Old 02-02-2015, 05:50 AM

4,429 posts, read 2,064,185 times
So many of you are missing crucial facts that have already been stated: 1. This all started because of a girl in his daughter's school - who didn't like her. This "mean " girl was over at the twins house and enlisted them to make those messages to the daughter. 2. Whether these things can be blocked or not - unfortunately kids don't do that - most just don't have the mindset to ignore these things. School and friends are their world, and this leads to the suicides we've seen in recent years.

Today's bullying is not the bullying a lot of us know from the past. We have probably all been bullied at some point in our life. I can remember going to school and just trying to stay out of their way - going to class using different staircases. But the bullying of today doesn't end at school. As soon as they sign on to the internet - it's smack dab in their face. A more mature child may shrug it off but most kids can't.

I don't think that the girl's dad went overboard. He tried to get assistance. He tried to talk to the twins dad thinking maybe he didn't know about their behavior - until he realized the acorns didn't fall far from the tree. He would have never gotten anywhere with the twins dad anyway - notice the KKK. https://twitter.com/deronpuro

It's unfortunate because I'm sure his kids are going to get the same type of treatment now - no matter where they move to due to the internet video but maybe they'll wise up. I also hope the mean girl's parents have a little talk with her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or