U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 05:56 PM

27,419 posts, read 15,113,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Why are you pigeonholing my views and labeling me a conservative without knowing anything about my political views. I feel like you are bullying me.

And I don't care about who loses their job - I just think people are quick to run to social media to get some sort of revenge when people don't say the things they want to hear.
Well you are obviously worked up about something. Social media then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2015, 06:20 PM

5,087 posts, read 3,348,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stellastar2345 View Post
Father of alleged Prior Lake Snapchat bullies loses job - KMSP-TV

basic a white man and wife adopted an african american girl. The girl is now in 8th grade and was subjected to some "bullying" in the form of some presumably white high school boys calling her the n word and some other not so nice thing.

anyway the father caught wind of it and went to the police and other thing. He talked to the "bullies" dad and the "bullies" dad was like, "whatever, it what I use to do as a kid. we use the n word all the time" and also insulted the father.

the "victims" father made an youtube video about what was happening (he also outed the bullies).

this is the video the dad made

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKVQX35yYc8

did he go to far? I mean kids get bullied all the time, especially if they aren't white. it's kind of an accepted part of life. I'm a mixed race child, and I was bullied at times. I certainly wouldn't have told my parents or had my parents confront anyone (not that they would, they would have told me to sucked it up).

Perfectly okay.

People think once they leave the workplace, they're free from their employer.

Truth is, you still represent your employer outside the work place.

Any of my employees show any form of real racism, I'd do the same thing. Get rid of them.

Old 01-26-2015, 02:13 AM

11,441 posts, read 6,477,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Perfectly okay.

Any of my employees show any form of real racism, I'd do the same thing. Get rid of them.
What's real racism? Some people believe telling jokes about race isn't real racism...some people believe using words like cracker/N word isn't real racism.

Old 01-26-2015, 07:47 AM

23,978 posts, read 31,212,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Perfectly okay.

That is absolutely true. There are thousands, hell, millions of people that could be categorized as a racist (I have a lot of them in my own family) but certainly lots of those people are intelligent enough to not vocalize their beliefs in places where it could hurt them. Here is an interesting take on those that search the less intelligent people out. Not sure I agree with this, but, here it is.

‘Racists Getting Fired’ Is Outing Those Who Post Racist Comments To Social Media (IMAGES) | If You Only News

Old 01-26-2015, 07:56 AM

Quote:
What's real racism? Some people believe telling jokes about race isn't real racism...some people believe using words like cracker/N word isn't real racism.
I think racism is pretty well defined, but maybe we don't interpret the definition the same way:

a person who believes in racism, the doctrine that one's own racial group is superior or that a particular racial group is inferior to the others.

I have certainly told tons of racist jokes in my lifetime, and laughed at many more. Am I a racist? I certainly don't believe that whites are superior - and I never ever have. I don't consider myself one, but I would imagine that some would think differently. We were just talking about this at work the other day. We were talking about skiing, and how not many black people ski. This reminded me of a conversation I had with an old friend of mine (he is black and I am white - I have known him for 35 years - really a good friend). I was talking about going skiing, and he laughed and said no effing way was he going - and I asked why, and he said because black people ain't stupid - we don't ski!. And we laughed. So...were we being racist?

Blog: You're probably a 'racist' and here are six more reasons why

Yo, Is This Racist? podcast on Earwolf

Old 01-26-2015, 07:59 AM

Quote:
I don't want to go to the website. A website means nothing other than some words some people put together. Why should one need training to define bullying?

So if John from Prince Lake Middle school sees Randy from Harbor Oaks Elementary at the mall and calls him a crackhead, the officials from Prince Lake Middle will step in and escalate this to a case of bullying?
Well you are the perfect example of that.

Seriously, you refuse to be educated on it, so why bother asking stupid questions?

Old 01-26-2015, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I think racism is pretty well defined, but maybe we don't interpret the definition the same way:

a person who believes in racism, the doctrine that one's own racial group is superior or that a particular racial group is inferior to the others.

I have certainly told tons of racist jokes in my lifetime, and laughed at many more. Am I a racist? I certainly don't believe that whites are superior - and I never ever have. I don't consider myself one, but I would imagine that some would think differently. We were just talking about this at work the other day. We were talking about skiing, and how not many black people ski. This reminded me of a conversation I had with an old friend of mine (he is black and I am white - I have known him for 35 years - really a good friend). I was talking about going skiing, and he laughed and said no effing way was he going - and I asked why, and he said because black people ain't stupid - we don't ski!. And we laughed. So...were we being racist?

Blog: You're probably a 'racist' and here are six more reasons why

Yo, Is This Racist? podcast on Earwolf
So does this mean saying the N word is racism?

BTW - I wouldn't be too proud about telling those racist jokes - it could certainly get you fired no matter what you truly feel.

Old 01-26-2015, 08:05 AM

8,386 posts, read 5,054,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stellastar2345 View Post
Father of alleged Prior Lake Snapchat bullies loses job - KMSP-TV

basic a white man and wife adopted an african american girl. The girl is now in 8th grade and was subjected to some "bullying" in the form of some presumably white high school boys calling her the n word and some other not so nice thing.

anyway the father caught wind of it and went to the police and other thing. He talked to the "bullies" dad and the "bullies" dad was like, "whatever, it what I use to do as a kid. we use the n word all the time" and also insulted the father.

the "victims" father made an youtube video about what was happening (he also outed the bullies).

this is the video the dad made

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKVQX35yYc8

did he go to far? I mean kids get bullied all the time, especially if they aren't white. it's kind of an accepted part of life. I'm a mixed race child, and I was bullied at times. I certainly wouldn't have told my parents or had my parents confront anyone (not that they would, they would have told me to sucked it up).
Good for him. THIS IS A FATHER. He loves and protected his child. Whatever happened to those other kids/families as a result of their own actions... I could care less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
What are the racist kids going to do when they get made fun of, I can hear it now...

I got an ice cream and you can't have none cause your dads an alcoholic and you're on welfare!
They will probably grow up blaming everyone else for the problems they initiated. Because after all, the world is not fair and minorities get everything; and because of minorities, their life was ruined, yada, yaada, yada.

Last edited by blktoptrvl; 01-26-2015 at 08:23 AM..

Old 01-26-2015, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Well you are the perfect example of that.

Seriously, you refuse to be educated on it, so why bother asking stupid questions?
I just want to know why calling a random person a name is bullying.

Old 01-26-2015, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
Good for him. THIS IS A FATHER. He loves and protected his child. Whatever happened to those other kids/families as a result of their own actions... I could care less.
What did he protect them from?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or