U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 06:10 PM

12,627 posts, read 12,065,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
How are you people saying the dog wasn't a pitbull? It was a pitbull mix: a pitbull crossed with a bulldog. That's a pitbull mix, which is pitbull enough. Seriously. And I like the dogs. Not a hater.

And look at them:
You have no idea what mix are in those dogs, could have any related molosser breed in it.

Old 01-26-2015, 06:17 PM

23,902 posts, read 31,123,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
There is no such breed as a "pitbull english bulldog". They are as the article stated, mutts.

Since the person also mentioned english bulldog, why was this not in the headline? Why just pitbull?
That's right. "They" whoever THEY are, clearly have no knowledge of what the hell the dogs are. The owner however, was breeding "pit bulls" (which is still not an official breed - see below), and had a litter 6 months ago. Don't be misled by the "but he isn't a full-blooded pit bull" crap.

http://www.dogsbite.org/dangerous-dogs-pit-bull-faq.php

The legal definition of a pit bull is a class of dogs that includes the following breeds: American pit bull terrier, American Staffordshire terrier, Staffordshire bull terrier, American bulldog1 and any other pure bred or mixed breed dog that is a combination of these dogs. Weight and shape can vary significantly amongst pit bulls, from 35 to 100 plus pounds. (Please see Disguise Breed Name to learn more about the deliberate renaming and mislabeling of pit bulls through history.)

Old 01-26-2015, 06:18 PM

8,833 posts, read 8,167,425 times
Quote:
You have no idea what mix are in those dogs, could have any related molosser breed in it.
The woman who was selling them said "Pit bull/English bulldog." To any reasonable person, that means part pit bull. I'm going with the information given by the seller rather than third-party speculation on an internet message board from someone who's never met the dogs in question.

Old 01-26-2015, 06:20 PM

Quote:
The woman who was selling them said "Pit bull/English bulldog." To any reasonable person, that means part pit bull. I'm going with the information given by the seller rather than third-party speculation on an internet message board from someone who's never met the dogs in question.
Give the woman's FB page and contents, I wouldn't place much stock in her being able to identify exactly what the dogs were. I AM sure that they had plenty of "pit bull" type blood in them, given the pictures.

Last edited by ChessieMom; 01-26-2015 at 07:14 PM..

Old 01-26-2015, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
That's right. "They" whoever THEY are, clearly have no knowledge of what the hell the dogs are. The owner however, was breeding "pit bulls" (which is still not an official breed - see below), and had a litter 6 months ago. Don't be misled by the "but he isn't a full-blooded pit bull" crap.

http://www.dogsbite.org/dangerous-dogs-pit-bull-faq.php

The legal definition of a pit bull is a class of dogs that includes the following breeds: American pit bull terrier, American Staffordshire terrier, Staffordshire bull terrier, American bulldog1 and any other pure bred or mixed breed dog that is a combination of these dogs. Weight and shape can vary significantly amongst pit bulls, from 35 to 100 plus pounds. (Please see Disguise Breed Name to learn more about the deliberate renaming and mislabeling of pit bulls through history.)
Don't be misled, yet the damn title and discussion is over pitbulls, yet even when a dog is a mutt with pitbull in it, it is only the "pitbull" part that gets broadcasted, not any other mix that is in the dog.

Like I mentioned, why was the title of this thread not "english bulldog"?

Old 01-26-2015, 07:02 PM

Quote:
No, to a reasonable person it does not mean part pitbull, it just means it is a claim, that is all. I posted before in this thread; many idiots love to claim a dog is something when it is not, this is nothing new and not exclusive to pitbulls either.

The idiot selling the dogs in my opinion has absolutely no idea what the dogs are, so the person just made up some BS label to get rid of them. This is not uncommon.

Old 01-26-2015, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Give the woman's FB page and contents, I wouldn't place much stock in her being able to identify exactly what the dogs were. I'm AM sure that they had plenty of "pit bull" type blood in them, given the pictures.
All it is for sure is they have a mossoler breed in them, not exclusively pitbull.

Besides that, why not the hype over the other mix in the dogs? Does not grab the headlines like "pitbull" does? Yes, "mutt attacks" is not near headline grabbing. "Lab mix attacks" is not headline grabbing either.

Old 01-26-2015, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Don't be misled, yet the damn title and discussion is over pitbulls, yet even when a dog is a mutt with pitbull in it, it is only the "pitbull" part that gets broadcasted, not any other mix that is in the dog.

Like I mentioned, why was the title of this thread not "english bulldog"?
Because the dogs were PIT BULLS! A "PIT BULL" IS A DAMN MUTT, by definition!! Not all mutts are pit bulls, but all backyard pit bulls are absolutely mutts. There IS NO STANDARD FOR "back yard pit bulls". And that is clearly what this dog was. But he is dead now, thank goodness. Sorry about that little boy.

American Staffordshire Terrier
American Pit Bull Terrier
Staffordshire Bull Terrier
American Bully

These are all dogs that have those "pit bull' characteristics, and the typical "pit bull" has mixes of some or all of these types of breeds. Unfortunately they are too frequently bred by ignorant folks that have no cares about any loyalty to any specific breed or standard.

Last edited by ChessieMom; 01-26-2015 at 07:33 PM..

Old 01-26-2015, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Because the dogs were PIT BULLS! A PIT BULL IS A DAMN MUTT, by definition!! Not all mutts are pit bulls, but all pit bulls are absolutely mutts. There IS NO STANDARD FOR "back yard pit bulls". And that is clearly what this dog was. But he is dead now, thank goodness. Sorry about that little boy.
Ok, now I see what you were getting at, I misunderstood. I agree there is actually no breed "pitbull", but it is a class of dogs, but often the case the "pitbulls" have breed mixes outside the this class.

There is no real defined standard, your source (which is biased as they come), is not a place to go for info and I saw where it was wrong jsut glancing at it, where it stated pitbulls can get up to 100lbs, sorry, but pitbulls are small dogs. At what point is this source and everyone else, going to stop classifying every dog as a pitbull?

The mossoler traits are in many dogs, and it seems everyone wants to jump on the bandwagon classifying these traits as a "pitbull". Even here in Miami a couple of years ago, the media was quick to jump on the pitbull attack bandwagon when a woman got killed by her boxers, the media was kind enough at least to correct the story a few days later (though it was it was a small blurb and the headline of "pitbull" was already in people's minds".

Many dogs have similar traits as it is, go do a photoshop of a labrador, and you will see just how similar its head, around the eyes, minus the nose/mouth, is to many pitbulls. Ever see a boxer/lab mix puppy? Yea, those things I am sure everyone would label a "pitbull", feel free to Google the pics if you like (I knew someone who had a litter, by accident of course).

But to add further, every dog is a mutt actually, along with most breeds of cats, all made with selective breeding.

Old 01-26-2015, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Ok, now I see what you were getting at, I misunderstood. I agree there is actually no breed "pitbull", but it is a class of dogs, but often the case the "pitbulls" have breed mixes outside the this class.

There is no real defined standard, your source (which is biased as they come), is not a place to go for info and I saw where it was wrong jsut glancing at it, where it stated pitbulls can get up to 100lbs, sorry, but pitbulls are small dogs. At what point is this source and everyone else, going to stop classifying every dog as a pitbull?

The mossoler traits are in many dogs, and it seems everyone wants to jump on the bandwagon classifying these traits as a "pitbull". Even here in Miami a couple of years ago, the media was quick to jump on the pitbull attack bandwagon when a woman got killed by her boxers, the media was kind enough at least to correct the story a few days later (though it was it was a small blurb and the headline of "pitbull" was already in people's minds".

Many dogs have similar traits as it is, go do a photoshop of a labrador, and you will see just how similar its head, around the eyes, minus the nose/mouth, is to many pitbulls. Ever see a boxer/lab mix puppy? Yea, those things I am sure everyone would label a "pitbull", feel free to Google the pics if you like (I knew someone who had a litter, by accident of course).

But to add further, every dog is a mutt actually, along with most breeds of cats, all made with selective breeding.
And you are making an assumption there, again. I would love to have you come visit and see the pit bulls that attacked my BF's mother while she was going for a walk (but you can't because they are dead). One was absolutely over 100 pounds.

Take a look at these lovely little critters. Now why the hell does anyone breed such an animal?

HUGE 100 POUND XXL LARGE MALE PITBULLS BULLY XTREME
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or