U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-26-2015, 08:58 PM
 
3,822 posts, read 3,084,229 times
Reputation: 2715

Advertisements

Doesn't matter mixed pitbulls share many of the same genes as full breeds and can be just as dangerous.
How can anyone be stupid enough to take that chance with children's lives? Like playing Russian roulette.

 
Old 01-26-2015, 09:15 PM
 
3,720 posts, read 4,446,402 times
Reputation: 4741
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
And you are making an assumption there, again. I would love to have you come visit and see the pit bulls that attacked my BF's mother while she was going for a walk (but you can't because they are dead). One was absolutely over 100 pounds.

Take a look at these lovely little critters. Now why the hell does anyone breed such an animal?

HUGE 100 POUND XXL LARGE MALE PITBULLS BULLY XTREME
They probably can't legally carry a gun or other weapon, so this is their only other option.
 
Old 01-26-2015, 09:19 PM
 
2,179 posts, read 1,727,643 times
Reputation: 4062
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
And you are making an assumption there, again. I would love to have you come visit and see the pit bulls that attacked my BF's mother while she was going for a walk (but you can't because they are dead). One was absolutely over 100 pounds.

Take a look at these lovely little critters. Now why the hell does anyone breed such an animal?

HUGE 100 POUND XXL LARGE MALE PITBULLS BULLY XTREME
APBT and the American Bully are two different breeds. Bullies were bred to look fierce, big, scary, etc, but are actually more docile & lazier than full bred Pitbulls. They can be & usually are mixed with Amstaffs, Mastiffs, Bulldogs, and other breeds. Regular full breed pits usually weigh up to 75lbs. Gamedog vs Showdog, it's apples to oranges.

The amount of anti-pit is amusing, but certainly not surprising...
 
Old 01-26-2015, 10:18 PM
 
12,739 posts, read 12,135,086 times
Reputation: 17470
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
And you are making an assumption there, again. I would love to have you come visit and see the pit bulls that attacked my BF's mother while she was going for a walk (but you can't because they are dead). One was absolutely over 100 pounds.

Take a look at these lovely little critters. Now why the hell does anyone breed such an animal?

HUGE 100 POUND XXL LARGE MALE PITBULLS BULLY XTREME
Lol, merely crossing with another animal to up the weight does not make it a pitbull. I might as well get a damn great dane and just declare it a pitbull.

Serious, you and many others' definition of "pitbull" is so vague, you can classify every damn dog in the world under your definition, especially if it is "scary" looking.

You and others fail to understand that all these idiots are doing is crossing these dogs with things to get some "look" to them to sell, by this point, they are pitbull in name only, they are quite in fact plain mutts, heinz 57, whatever you want to call it. They will cross with bulldogs, great danes, matiffs, etc to get whatever look they are going after. In your link, there is no way you can state some of those dogs in the pics are pits.
 
Old 01-26-2015, 10:27 PM
 
12,739 posts, read 12,135,086 times
Reputation: 17470
Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
Doesn't matter mixed pitbulls share many of the same genes as full breeds and can be just as dangerous.
How can anyone be stupid enough to take that chance with children's lives? Like playing Russian roulette.
Taking chances happens everyday, I jsut read on the news today about a 14 year old killing a child;
Texas teen charged with drowning two-month-old baby girl

Mother killing;
Mother set newborn baby on fire in road: authorities | New York Post

Point is not to negate the dog issue, but to show that dogs (pitbulls specifically), are not even close to to the sole source of mishap for kids, and are not even the number killer/injurer of kids.

With the way people talk, you would think pitbull attacks would be endemic, especially with the vague, ever expanding definition of what a pitbull is, but out of the who knows how many of them there are, incidences are pretty rare. Like the gun thing, some people would have you think gun deaths are out of control, but out of the estimated 300 million guns in the US and over 360 million people, it is a rare occurrence. People would have you thinking 10 million die a year or something.

By the way, this is why breed specific legislation sucks.
 
Old 01-26-2015, 10:36 PM
 
Location: las vegas nevada
6 posts, read 5,065 times
Reputation: 22
I've seen more people bit, seriously injured by "ankle biters" because they do almost exactly that. They bite the achilles tendon and make you permanently disabled. So it's not about the size of the dog it's about the owner training!!! I've had pittbulls since my kids were 2&4 and before my last one was born. 3 generations of that breed later; no bites, no injuries, and have had no"pittbull rage". By the way why do police use german sheppards for police dogs and when they go into a rage why don't they label it "pittbull rage"? It doesn't exist!!! It's a way to instill fear and bias in people that are uneducated and unwilling to educate themselves!!!
 
Old 01-26-2015, 10:44 PM
 
3,822 posts, read 3,084,229 times
Reputation: 2715
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Taking chances happens everyday, I jsut read on the news today about a 14 year old killing a child;
Texas teen charged with drowning two-month-old baby girl

Mother killing;
Mother set newborn baby on fire in road: authorities | New York Post

Point is not to negate the dog issue, but to show that dogs (pitbulls specifically), are not even close to to the sole source of mishap for kids, and are not even the number killer/injurer of kids.

With the way people talk, you would think pitbull attacks would be endemic, especially with the vague, ever expanding definition of what a pitbull is, but out of the who knows how many of them there are, incidences are pretty rare. Like the gun thing, some people would have you think gun deaths are out of control, but out of the estimated 300 million guns in the US and over 360 million people, it is a rare occurrence. People would have you thinking 10 million die a year or something.

By the way, this is why breed specific legislation sucks.


You mean the incidents of fatal attacks from the great majority of dog breeds are extremely rare.

By comparison the incidents of fatal attacks from more dangerous breeds like pitbulls
and bull mastiffs are very common and you see them in the headlines everyday.
 
Old 01-26-2015, 11:27 PM
 
23,973 posts, read 31,197,999 times
Reputation: 28628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
APBT and the American Bully are two different breeds. Bullies were bred to look fierce, big, scary, etc, but are actually more docile & lazier than full bred Pitbulls. They can be & usually are mixed with Amstaffs, Mastiffs, Bulldogs, and other breeds. Regular full breed pits usually weigh up to 75lbs. Gamedog vs Showdog, it's apples to oranges.

The amount of anti-pit is amusing, but certainly not surprising...
American Bullies are bred from the Staffordshire Terrier and the American Pitbull Terrier.

Once again...these dogs are all variations on the same genetics. They are all overbred, and most are bred by idiots.
 
Old 01-26-2015, 11:30 PM
 
23,973 posts, read 31,197,999 times
Reputation: 28628
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Lol, merely crossing with another animal to up the weight does not make it a pitbull. I might as well get a damn great dane and just declare it a pitbull.

Serious, you and many others' definition of "pitbull" is so vague, you can classify every damn dog in the world under your definition, especially if it is "scary" looking.

You and others fail to understand that all these idiots are doing is crossing these dogs with things to get some "look" to them to sell, by this point, they are pitbull in name only, they are quite in fact plain mutts, heinz 57, whatever you want to call it. They will cross with bulldogs, great danes, matiffs, etc to get whatever look they are going after. In your link, there is no way you can state some of those dogs in the pics are pits.
You don't get it. These dogs are ALL of the same genetics. They are bred/crossbred/inbred...they look so similar because of this, and THAT IS WHY THEY ARE ALL LABELED "Pit bulls".
 
Old 01-27-2015, 08:48 AM
 
Location: NW Nevada
13,340 posts, read 10,931,395 times
Reputation: 12291
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Must be geography. I know a few people with pits or pit mixes. I have a Staffordshire terrier myself, but most folks I know with a pit bull type dog also have another dog that is not. There is definitely not a higher percentage of dogs owners that I know (or hear people talking about their do) that have pit bulls.
Here what I am living there are a LOT of pits and pit mixes. Too many, actually, and a high percentage of these dogs are aggressive, as well. In my general location, this neighborhood, there are only two people that don't have a dog like that, and I'm one of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top