Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 09:34 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,862,462 times

Advertisements

Here it is: Black Student 6’3″, 325 Pounds Knocks 66 YO Teacher to Ground: He’s Charged with Injury to Elderly, Not Assault | Maggie's Notebook
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2015, 03:39 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,402,152 times
The part about him being black is critical. Because he can't just be a bad kid. He's a black bad kid.

Old 01-26-2015, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
A fine young product of our public school system. Gotta love how his peers stand by smiling while ol' teach gets a nice slam. This video reminds me of the 300 pound animal that assaulted his old lady teacher for taking his cell phone (look it up).

I don't know anything about this school, but mad respect for white teachers that try to teach in minority schools. I'd be out to the country so fast my desk would spin.
If the students helped the teacher and started fighting the attacker, they'd get suspended. If the teacher defends himself he gets fired. There really is no way to win here.

Old 01-26-2015, 03:58 PM

2,435 posts, read 2,434,299 times
All kids should be given the option of quitting school legally when they reach 16. That way they can get an early start on their criminal careers. If a kid is not interested in bettering himself through education at that age, they probably never will be. This would cut down on a lot of distractions in the classroom.

Old 01-26-2015, 04:13 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,432,550 times
Quote:
A fine young product of our public school system.... .
He isn't a product of the public school system. He is a product of a system that encourages and rewards those having bastard babies who are totally unequipped to raise them.

It's an example of what has destroyed the public school system in much of the USA. It's been dumbed down to the lowest common denominator which, as this video show, is pretty low now.

Old 01-26-2015, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagster View Post
All kids should be given the option of quitting school legally when they reach 16. That way they can get an early start on their criminal careers. If a kid is not interested in bettering himself through education at that age, they probably never will be. This would cut down on a lot of distractions in the classroom.
I agree. Why bother wasting everyones time if you have no interest in your own education? Sixteen is too old to still need a babysitter and that's the only purpose school serves for some people.

Old 01-26-2015, 05:01 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,214,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
He isn't a product of the public school system. He is a product of a system that encourages and rewards those having bastard babies who are totally unequipped to raise them.

It's an example of what has destroyed the public school system in much of the USA. It's been dumbed down to the lowest common denominator which, as this video show, is pretty low now.
Very good statement..worth repeating.

The school system didn't create this "young man" but they certainly have to deal with him and all the baggage he brings to school.

Old 01-26-2015, 05:06 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,733,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairy Guy
here we have yet another case of a child raised without a father and no respect for authority.
Hope he is dealt with properly!!!!!

Stupid cellphones!!!!!!!!

Old 01-26-2015, 05:22 PM

4,366 posts, read 4,558,284 times
Quote:
A fine young product of our public school system. Gotta love how his peers stand by smiling while ol' teach gets a nice slam. This video reminds me of the 300 pound animal that assaulted his old lady teacher for taking his cell phone (look it up).

I don't know anything about this school, but mad respect for white teachers that try to teach in minority schools. I'd be out to the country so fast my desk would spin.
I substitute teach in schools like this. It has taken a very long time for me to figure out how to gain the kids' respect. One, never back down. If you see a hint of trouble, call someone ASAP. Don't allow it to escalate. These kids use violence to express themselves. I have no real idea about what causes an atmosphere like this, but I know that it exists, and it is scary in more ways than one; these kids will be adults with jobs one day. They might even be taking care of me or my kids!

Here are some other tips:

*Try to get the kids genuinely interested. (This one is very hard, because some of the students are not capable of doing the mental work required. Plus, you have to know your subject really well. I've found that computer games that they can pull up on their phones sometimes work but not always.)
*Gain their trust. (Come in firm, lay down the law, and show them that you don't make exceptions. Deal harshly with disruptions, and make kids who won't follow your rules an example to everyone else. This approach makes them feel safe, because they know that you are in charge and won't be overthrown by some silly challenger. Candy and a stable reward system also work for younger kids.)
*Prove you are competent. (Talk about what you know. Be honest about what you don't know. Show the kids that you are on top of things. If Billy is out of his seat without permission, let the class know that you know it. Don't let them think they are getting away with anything.)

Old 01-26-2015, 05:41 PM

4,366 posts, read 4,558,284 times
It is also my personal opinion that we should stop trying to "educate all students" and be free to kick the ones who want to display violence toward staff or other students out without further explanation. Today's schools have to provide too many services for true teaching and learning to really occur. We need to get back to basics; the teacher has the authority, and the student is free to obey the rules and listen or be disruptive and leave. It's as simple as that. Fights and disruptions inside of the classroom and misbehavior in the halls is foolishness that should not be tolerated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events