U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-27-2015, 12:16 PM
 
7,022 posts, read 5,976,654 times
Reputation: 6980

Advertisements

Myth busted-

Debunked: Media Hoax Claims 'American Sniper' Inspired Anti-Muslim Threats

Violent attacks against non-muslims by Islamic fundies are still more likely to happen than vice versa.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-27-2015, 12:42 PM
 
Location: So. of Rosarito, Baja, Mexico
6,651 posts, read 18,610,771 times
Reputation: 6100
A SNIPER is portrayed as being a KILLER.......by Moore

What do they call a person who plants a roadside IED and presses a phone to set the bomb off......a SAINT he is NOT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2015, 12:50 PM
 
17,072 posts, read 10,046,192 times
Reputation: 28512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
Guess that makes it all OK then
I have no idea what you're talking about.

I was responding to the usual false assumptions perpetuated by many that NO Muslim groups ever speak out against terrorist attacks and the like.

They certainly do speak out.

Amazing how little people care to do research online, instead spouting off outright lies. Funny me, you'd think the Internet's would actually make people a lot more knowledgeable, considering it takes a few seconds of mouse clicking to check on their assumptions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2015, 01:12 PM
 
Location: southern kansas
8,414 posts, read 5,753,198 times
Reputation: 18654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I have no idea what you're talking about.

I was responding to the usual false assumptions perpetuated by many that NO Muslim groups ever speak out against terrorist attacks and the like.

They certainly do speak out.

Amazing how little people care to do research online, instead spouting off outright lies. Funny me, you'd think the Internet's would actually make people a lot more knowledgeable, considering it takes a few seconds of mouse clicking to check on their assumptions.
That may be true, but it hasn't done much good so far. If these terrorists and killers are allowed to commit their crimes in the name of the Muslim religion, then other peaceful Muslims are going to be painted with the same brush by many people. Muslims need to find a way to separate these killers & jihadists from their religion. I don't know how they would accomplish that, but just 'speaking out' against these acts isn't enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2015, 01:27 PM
 
17,072 posts, read 10,046,192 times
Reputation: 28512
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
That may be true, but it hasn't done much good so far. If these terrorists and killers are allowed to commit their crimes in the name of the Muslim religion, then other peaceful Muslims are going to be painted with the same brush by many people. Muslims need to find a way to separate these killers & jihadists from their religion. I don't know how they would accomplish that, but just 'speaking out' against these acts isn't enough.
And I agree with you catdad7x that speaking out isn't the complete answer, but I was just responding to someone that claimed no Muslim ever speaks out against the bad or stupid things done in the name of religion.

But I don't see what more they could do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2015, 04:57 PM
 
1,431 posts, read 707,186 times
Reputation: 1311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
And I agree with you catdad7x that speaking out isn't the complete answer, but I was just responding to someone that claimed no Muslim ever speaks out against the bad or stupid things done in the name of religion.

But I don't see what more they could do.
Overseas when terrorists kill US troops, defecate on a bible, etc. none of them so much as blink. But let someone scuff a Koran and they want his head on a stake. The hypocrisy is unreal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2015, 05:04 PM
 
44,352 posts, read 17,707,490 times
Reputation: 18665
A movie doesn't bring treats against Muslims.

It's the violent actions of Muslims against civilized people in the name of Islam that brings the threats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2015, 11:59 PM
 
Location: Phoenix, AZ
6,175 posts, read 3,495,652 times
Reputation: 3798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Yep. We should always celebrate mass murder, right? I find it disgusting that all it takes is the "us vs them" mentality and suddenly, killing becomes A-OK. Besides, the fact that he wrote his autobiography in an effort to get rich off his actions as a sniper makes this even more repugnant to me.
So what? A lot of people got rich from the Afghanistan/Iraq wars and most of them never served one Day in the military. A sniper committing mass murder? Please

Muslims have killed more Muslims than the West ever has. Libya, Syria, Iraq, and that bastion of love and peace, Saudi Arabia are only a few examples of barbaric, murderous states.

It's not "us vs them". It's "them vs themselves and everybody else".

People are fed up with all the beheadings, the stabbings, the bombings. But I guess you don't find that repugnant.

I'm going to see the movie, and I hope they show a lot dead subhuman terrorists
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-28-2015, 12:04 AM
 
Location: Phoenix, AZ
6,175 posts, read 3,495,652 times
Reputation: 3798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I have no idea what you're talking about.

I was responding to the usual false assumptions perpetuated by many that NO Muslim groups ever speak out against terrorist attacks and the like.

They certainly do speak out.

Amazing how little people care to do research online, instead spouting off outright lies. Funny me, you'd think the Internet's would actually make people a lot more knowledgeable, considering it takes a few seconds of mouse clicking to check on their assumptions.
Could you please provide some links?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-28-2015, 06:20 AM
 
10,087 posts, read 6,227,085 times
Reputation: 5694
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
A movie doesn't bring treats against Muslims.

It's the violent actions of Muslims against civilized people in the name of Islam that brings the threats.

Took the words right out of my mouth..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:08 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top