Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 12:16 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,991,168 times

Advertisements

Myth busted-

Debunked: Media Hoax Claims 'American Sniper' Inspired Anti-Muslim Threats

Violent attacks against non-muslims by Islamic fundies are still more likely to happen than vice versa.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2015, 12:42 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,920,292 times
A SNIPER is portrayed as being a KILLER.......by Moore

What do they call a person who plants a roadside IED and presses a phone to set the bomb off......a SAINT he is NOT.

Old 01-27-2015, 12:50 PM

29,506 posts, read 22,616,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
Guess that makes it all OK then
I have no idea what you're talking about.

I was responding to the usual false assumptions perpetuated by many that NO Muslim groups ever speak out against terrorist attacks and the like.

They certainly do speak out.

Amazing how little people care to do research online, instead spouting off outright lies. Funny me, you'd think the Internet's would actually make people a lot more knowledgeable, considering it takes a few seconds of mouse clicking to check on their assumptions.

Old 01-27-2015, 01:12 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,356,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

I was responding to the usual false assumptions perpetuated by many that NO Muslim groups ever speak out against terrorist attacks and the like.

Amazing how little people care to do research online, instead spouting off outright lies. Funny me, you'd think the Internet's would actually make people a lot more knowledgeable, considering it takes a few seconds of mouse clicking to check on their assumptions.
That may be true, but it hasn't done much good so far. If these terrorists and killers are allowed to commit their crimes in the name of the Muslim religion, then other peaceful Muslims are going to be painted with the same brush by many people. Muslims need to find a way to separate these killers & jihadists from their religion. I don't know how they would accomplish that, but just 'speaking out' against these acts isn't enough.

Old 01-27-2015, 01:27 PM

29,506 posts, read 22,616,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
That may be true, but it hasn't done much good so far. If these terrorists and killers are allowed to commit their crimes in the name of the Muslim religion, then other peaceful Muslims are going to be painted with the same brush by many people. Muslims need to find a way to separate these killers & jihadists from their religion. I don't know how they would accomplish that, but just 'speaking out' against these acts isn't enough.
And I agree with you catdad7x that speaking out isn't the complete answer, but I was just responding to someone that claimed no Muslim ever speaks out against the bad or stupid things done in the name of religion.

But I don't see what more they could do.

Old 01-27-2015, 04:57 PM

1,431 posts, read 911,971 times
Quote:
And I agree with you catdad7x that speaking out isn't the complete answer, but I was just responding to someone that claimed no Muslim ever speaks out against the bad or stupid things done in the name of religion.

But I don't see what more they could do.
Overseas when terrorists kill US troops, defecate on a bible, etc. none of them so much as blink. But let someone scuff a Koran and they want his head on a stake. The hypocrisy is unreal.

Old 01-27-2015, 05:04 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,600,078 times
A movie doesn't bring treats against Muslims.

It's the violent actions of Muslims against civilized people in the name of Islam that brings the threats.

Old 01-27-2015, 11:59 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,763,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Yep. We should always celebrate mass murder, right? I find it disgusting that all it takes is the "us vs them" mentality and suddenly, killing becomes A-OK. Besides, the fact that he wrote his autobiography in an effort to get rich off his actions as a sniper makes this even more repugnant to me.
So what? A lot of people got rich from the Afghanistan/Iraq wars and most of them never served one Day in the military. A sniper committing mass murder? Please

Muslims have killed more Muslims than the West ever has. Libya, Syria, Iraq, and that bastion of love and peace, Saudi Arabia are only a few examples of barbaric, murderous states.

It's not "us vs them". It's "them vs themselves and everybody else".

People are fed up with all the beheadings, the stabbings, the bombings. But I guess you don't find that repugnant.

I'm going to see the movie, and I hope they show a lot dead subhuman terrorists

Old 01-28-2015, 12:04 AM

7,184 posts, read 4,763,233 times
Quote:

Could you please provide some links?

Old 01-28-2015, 06:20 AM

29,433 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
A movie doesn't bring treats against Muslims.

It's the violent actions of Muslims against civilized people in the name of Islam that brings the threats.

Took the words right out of my mouth..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events