U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 07:05 AM

22,947 posts, read 21,488,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redgrasshat View Post
Why do you hate the troops?
Seriously? That's the best you can come up with?
Hopefully (if convicted) Bowe will pull a life sentence for his stunt due to the lives lost both directly and indirectly due to all resources being pulled to look for his sorry arse.

If anything comes from this cluster "f" it should be glaringly clear to all that there's an agenda afoot in the White House that is NOT in the best interests of the American public but one man alone.

What's that old chant that was constantly shouted during the Bush years?
Oh yeah, Obama lied and people died...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2015, 07:17 AM

32,561 posts, read 17,664,412 times
Default Bowe Bergdahl charged with desertion

Let the wheels of military justice churn out a judgement. My bet is that if he's convicted, his sentence will be lighter than many posters in this forum would prefer.

Old 03-26-2015, 07:51 AM

7,765 posts, read 5,342,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Feltser View Post
Bowe Bergdahl to be charged with desertion, retired officer tells Fox - Washington Times

Obama and his cronies are such a bunch of idiots. This was just done for political points. He doesn't deserve to be Commander in Chief, any deaths resulting form the release of those five sand monkey terrorists is on him; and the sad thing is that he's still got 700 more days to **** things up. And what about that Marine in Mexico?
They were set to be released within a year from that date due to agreements and conditions set in place prior to his taking office. Their release a year early did no harm to anyone, especially considering the fact that they were forced to be under strict surveillance, for the remaining year that they would have been in captivity, in Qatar.
Sheesh... I don't support everything the President does, but some people just like to attack him for no reason.

Old 03-26-2015, 07:57 AM

5,098 posts, read 4,125,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
But but, how does a person who 'served with honor and distinction' get charged with desertion?

To Iman Barack, that is the definition of serving with "honor and distinction".

Old 03-26-2015, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
They were set to be released within a year from that date due to agreements and conditions set in place prior to his taking office. Their release a year early did no harm to anyone, especially considering the fact that they were forced to be under strict surveillance, for the remaining year that they would have been in captivity, in Qatar.
Sheesh... I don't support everything the President does, but some people just like to attack him for no reason.
Except it's been repeatedly reported that they're free to roam and have been in contact with their terrorist buddies giving advice etc. which was NOT supposed to happen.
My question is, if they were/are that bad why on earth were they allowed to continue breathing? turn 'em into martyrs which while not great in and of itself at least their support functionality would be limited to speaking directly to Allah.

Old 03-26-2015, 08:43 AM

7,765 posts, read 5,342,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Except it's been repeatedly reported that they're free to roam and have been in contact with their terrorist buddies giving advice etc. which was NOT supposed to happen.
My question is, if they were/are that bad why on earth were they allowed to continue breathing? turn 'em into martyrs which while not great in and of itself at least their support functionality would be limited to speaking directly to Allah.
I think situations like this:

Quote:
Bakr al-Baghdadi had been arrested by US Forces-Iraq in early 2004 near Fallujah and been detained at Camp Bucca detention center under his name Ibrahim Awad Ibrahim al-Badry,[20] as a "civilian internee", from February until December 2004, when he was recommended for release by a Combined Review and Release Board. That December 2004 he was released, as ‘low level prisoner
are far worse than the release of any Taliban militants... That's just me, though.

Old 03-26-2015, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
I think situations like this:

[i]are far worse than the release of any Taliban militants... That's just me, though.
Ahhh, so it's ok to do it again? BTW, not just "Taliban militants" but reportedly men high up as in "command and control" equal to our general officers who are already (reportedly) seeking to get back into the fight physically and helping via phone/email.

Just because something dumb was done once does not give license to do it again nor does it make it right.

Old 03-26-2015, 06:03 PM

2,880 posts, read 1,876,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Let the wheels of military justice churn out a judgement. My bet is that if he's convicted, his sentence will be lighter than many posters in this forum would prefer.
Obama will pardon the scumbag before leaving office.

Old 03-26-2015, 06:33 PM

23,605 posts, read 30,345,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUMAN View Post
Obama will pardon the scumbag before leaving office.
If so I hope it's his last act before leaving office because that will become his well-deserved, sorry legacy. It will marginalize the soldiers' lives lost looking for the POS and show that Obama has no respect for this country; and that's putting it kindly.

Old 03-26-2015, 06:42 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,172,165 times
I wonder if most other veterans had the same response I did when Obama's spokesmen said "we don't leave our people behind".
I was like huh whattttttttttt?.
That's for people who are captured or wounded on the battlefield, not deserters. We have had deserters in every war. As I recall, we didn't trade high value POWs for them. Those deserters in the Korean war, for example. We didn't trade people to get them back, did we?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events