U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 08:01 AM

9,068 posts, read 5,656,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightly Knight View Post
I believe there should be team rules like that of old, pre terms to all new players, The Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct. You sign or you don't represent us, that simple. Would you like to be a professional football player with our organization? here are the rules, you brake them once, your fined, you brake them twice, your contract is void. You cut your hair and conduct yourself like a grown man, act professionally and accordingly with respect to all, carry yourself with Integrity and honor and always show a sense of pride, to the public, the fans and everyone else that you meet throughout the season on and off the field.

Thanks,
Knight
I know... is it really too much to ask ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2015, 08:07 AM

11,064 posts, read 8,986,001 times
Everything else aside does he realize how dumb and socially inept this makes him seem? I guess at this point he doesn't care. He's been pulling this crap for years.

Old 01-29-2015, 08:14 AM

15,576 posts, read 9,650,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by football45013 View Post
yep. pay me what they pay them and i'd answer media questions 24/7.
Uh, yeah !! These guys make HUGE amounts of money and then complain when they have to do something a little extra ?? I know they have a tough job, but they are certainly WELL COMPENSATED for playing a game.

Primadonnas !!!

Don

Old 01-29-2015, 08:33 AM

6,742 posts, read 3,868,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
And that is the problem.

Not jealous at all. Him and many others have a gift, and probably less than 5% of good college players actually make it to the NFL so again he should be appreciative of that. In my opinion what he did is like a slap in the face to his fans. Zero respect is what he showed. He is at a professional level, he should act like it.

Now after righting this, with the way things are today maybe it isn't a slap in the face to his fans... they are probably on board with his attitude... "You show them, know one can tell you what to do !!"
And now that I think I of it , sure I'm jealous... I'm jealous that I have to do things I don't want to in my career and if I show the amount of disrespect that he did I'd be out of a job.
Hey man, you know why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Dempsey's Left Foot View Post
That's mainly due to the fact that's he's simply much better at his job than you are at yours. Nothing personal, that's free market economics at work.
He already did. It resulted in about 1300 yards, 13 touchdowns, and a Super Bowl appearance. Seems like he's pretty okay at it.
Part of his great post (that I can't rep him for) that shows the reality of the situation. And like he said, it's nothing mean or personal, because I don't make those million dollar contracts or get those endorsement deals either (I would be a Nike athlete for FREE, lol).

But fans are fickle - they're on-board with him because he's one of the top 3 running backs in the league. We both know that if he was hurt most of the season and didn't produce on the field, Seahawk fans wouldn't put up with this and would want him cut or traded.

Actually, there is a chance he gets cut after the season anyways, apparently some on the coaching staff and in Seattle's front office are getting tired of his attitude. But rest assured there will be another team lining up to sign him to a nice contract.

Old 01-29-2015, 08:47 AM

10,819 posts, read 12,855,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by football45013 View Post
yep. pay me what they pay them and i'd answer media questions 24/7.
Hell, I'll tap dance and sing a little number, too.
These players are so out of touch with reality...

Old 01-29-2015, 09:41 AM

20,005 posts, read 67,950,554 times
He's one of the reasons I cant stand Seattle. Seriously. He's a turd and a half.

Old 01-29-2015, 09:42 AM

9,068 posts, read 5,656,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Hey man, you know why?

Well first off, me complaining or disrespecting my company isn't going to do anything but make me look like an a_$$hat which I'd rather not be. And second I'm just some $_chmuck that designs car parts on a computer. Under Armour or Nike isn't knocking down my door to endorse me. Plus , I don't conduct myself that way.
Some people just really don't care how badly they look , especially if they can keep getting away with it. Let some major endorsement company walk because of his attitude and things might change.

Since you seem to have an answer please enlighten me...

Old 01-29-2015, 10:21 AM

5,082 posts, read 12,579,535 times
Who came up with the idea that football players would make interesting speakers?

Their job is to run around with the ball and knock other players over.

Until all this media nonsense, I didn't even know they could talk.

Old 01-29-2015, 11:14 AM

15,576 posts, read 9,650,106 times
I'm normally a Steeler fan, but I will be cheering on the Patriots that day. Hope I see this jerk take a few hard hits to knock some sense into him. (But I think it would have taken more than that, maybe some good upbringing)

Low class at it's finest.

Don

Old 01-29-2015, 12:25 PM

25,405 posts, read 14,492,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
I'm on the fence about this one. On one hand the NFL is trying to have too much control over the players and on the other, Lynch is just being an A-hole about the entire situation. Go out, answer a few questions and be on your way. Its part of the game and in the players contract. Lynch is just using a loophole where he makes himself available but don't answer any of their questions.
To be fair, in some way a number of the media are idiots. I mean why else would Chris Christie have to call a reporter asking an off-topic question an idiot at a press conference.
http://youtu.be/5gz0XCpyoh8?t=2m26s

Media days and junkettes like this for the Super Bowl and soon to debut movies, have the same questions asked 50 times by the different reporters whether they are with the more reputable ones or local newspapers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events