U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 01:09 PM

365 posts, read 363,394 times

Advertisements

His answer:

"I've never seen anybody win the game in the media. But at the same time, I understand what it could do for you, if you wanted to be someone who talks a lot. But that's not me.

"And I'm not as comfortable, especially at the position I play, making it about me. As a running back, it takes five offensive linemen, a tight end, a fullback and possibly two wide receivers, in order to make my job successful. But when I do interviews, most of the time it'll come back to me. There are only so many times I can say, 'I owe it to my offensive linemen,' or, 'The credit should go to my teammates,' before it becomes run down.

"This goes back even to Pop Warner. You'd have a good game and they'd want you to give a couple of quotes for the newspaper, and I would let my other teammates be the ones to talk. That's how it was in high school, too. At Cal, I'd have my cousin, Robert Jordan, and Justin Forsett do it.
"Football's just always been hella fun to me, not expressing myself in the media. I don't do it to get attention; I just do it 'cause I love that (expletive)."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2015, 02:34 PM

2,004 posts, read 1,140,144 times
How many people complaining that he used a loophole have never used one themselves? Do you file your taxes and get a refund or pay less than if you didn't use a loophole? Anyone really making a huge deal about your elected officials not answering questions on demand? He answered the questions, some people didn't like the answers. Too bad.

Old 01-29-2015, 03:58 PM

23,000 posts, read 31,949,672 times
I love the revolt by Lynch. Remember folks, he just has to look at the other side of his locker room to get an example of how vicious the media can be. Anyone remember when Richard Sherman had a microphone stuck in his face not even 5 minutes after making the biggest play of his career in the NFC championship game and everyone took what were innocent comments and called a Stanford graduate with a 3.9 GPA and no criminal record a thug for said comments?

Lynch is smarter than most here will give him credit for. The media may fire at him anyway for his style of protesting but damn if he will give them the ammo by saying something that will be sensationalized and taken out of context.

Old 01-29-2015, 04:45 PM

48,519 posts, read 81,013,914 times
Id; think after tonight show made a jokes about him; no wander. Fallen is clearly a jerk.

Old 01-29-2015, 06:47 PM

25,402 posts, read 14,492,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I love the revolt by Lynch. Remember folks, he just has to look at the other side of his locker room to get an example of how vicious the media can be. Anyone remember when Richard Sherman had a microphone stuck in his face not even 5 minutes after making the biggest play of his career in the NFC championship game and everyone took what were innocent comments and called a Stanford graduate with a 3.9 GPA and no criminal record a thug for said comments?

Lynch is smarter than most here will give him credit for. The media may fire at him anyway for his style of protesting but damn if he will give them the ammo by saying something that will be sensationalized and taken out of context.
The Sherman comments were thug talk though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PH35C7Fhq0

Old 01-29-2015, 07:02 PM

4,222 posts, read 6,991,337 times
A professional athlete does NOT have an obligation to answer all the questions put to him by anyone. He is obligated to play to the best of his ability during practice and games. He also has an obligation to his teammates, owners of the team, the NFL and the Public to behave in an acceptable manner but that is it.

We have a news media in this country that is absolutely out of control. It is just too damned bad that an under inflated football is a bigger scandal than lying politicians.

Old 01-29-2015, 07:19 PM

5,574 posts, read 5,535,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
A professional athlete does NOT have an obligation to answer all the questions put to him by anyone. He is obligated to play to the best of his ability during practice and games. He also has an obligation to his teammates, owners of the team, the NFL and the Public to behave in an acceptable manner but that is it.
He does have an obligation to represent his employers and their governing body in a manner they deem appropriate. If he doesn't want to do that, he should find another careeer. Good luck finding another career with 7 numbers to the left of the decimal.

Old 01-29-2015, 07:30 PM

455 posts, read 486,958 times
Most "thugs" are the ones chuckling in corporate offices! And some even hide behind computer screens...........hmm, perhaps I'm a thug

I was under the impression that there is a history behind Lynchs response to the media! Oh, the media can be thuggish, too! Probably why Lynch doesn't have much to say to them

moving along......

Old 01-29-2015, 08:00 PM

6,742 posts, read 3,868,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The Sherman comments were thug talk though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PH35C7Fhq0

I hope you consider Tom Brady's sideline antics in certain moments 'thug talk', too.

Old 01-29-2015, 08:01 PM

23,000 posts, read 31,949,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post

I hope you consider Tom Brady's sideline antics in certain moments 'thug talk', too.
Wonder what they think about this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzGV06OKZTk
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events