U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 08:39 AM

22,947 posts, read 21,484,155 times

Advertisements

Well, Seahawks evidently don't have a problem with Lynch's media day revolt.

The Seattle Seahawks not only want Marshawn Lynch around next year, but they've made a significant commitment to keep him on their team, possibly, for the rest of his career.

On the heels of another dominant season for the running back nicknamed "Beast Mode," multiple sources tell me Seattle has made Lynch an offer on a huge contract extension that would keep him in a Seahawks uniform for years to come.

The deal is believed to include more than $10 million for Lynch in the 2015 season alone. Lynch currently is slated to make $5 million in 2015, the final year of what originally was a four-year, $31 million deal.

The Seahawks believe that Lynch, who has rushed for at least 1,200 yards in each of the past four seasons, has outplayed his contract, sources say. They want to reward him for his work.

Seahawks offer Marshawn Lynch huge contract extension - NFL.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2015, 09:46 AM

20,344 posts, read 20,435,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Well, Seahawks evidently don't have a problem with Lynch's media day revolt.

The Seattle Seahawks not only want Marshawn Lynch around next year, but they've made a significant commitment to keep him on their team, possibly, for the rest of his career.

On the heels of another dominant season for the running back nicknamed "Beast Mode," multiple sources tell me Seattle has made Lynch an offer on a huge contract extension that would keep him in a Seahawks uniform for years to come.

The deal is believed to include more than $10 million for Lynch in the 2015 season alone. Lynch currently is slated to make $5 million in 2015, the final year of what originally was a four-year, $31 million deal.

The Seahawks believe that Lynch, who has rushed for at least 1,200 yards in each of the past four seasons, has outplayed his contract, sources say. They want to reward him for his work.

Seahawks offer Marshawn Lynch huge contract extension - NFL.com
I bet the team insisted upon a pretty severe "Not being nice to the Media" penalty clause this time considering how so very important it is that Lynch reveals what motivates him and who hits the hardest of the players he plays against...not

Old 02-01-2015, 10:26 AM

48,519 posts, read 81,048,183 times
The way I see there are plenty of players who like to run their mouths to force others to do so media can ask stupid questions to earn their living. They are making much of nothing in the end. NFL has a lot more problems player wise than Lynch not liking interviews for whatever reason.

Old 02-01-2015, 12:52 PM

20,872 posts, read 22,451,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I don't know anything about Lynch and don't care. However this obsession the NFL has with promoting players and demanding any and every one be at a press conference is absurd.
I'd bet the old time football players watching the circus they call the pre SB media day are laughing their rear ends off, on how absurd it has all gotten.

If someone wants to avoid the slimy media, and just perform their job on game day, good for them.
I am 100% with this. I am also sick and tired of the newscasts being cluttered with all this stuff. Talk don't talk, I don't care. There are many of us who don't. This isn't news it's silly.

I didn't know who he was and didn't care who he was and never will. His story might be of special interest in a sports segment but that's about it. Enough already, let's get on to real news and let the guy play football the way he wants to.

Old 02-01-2015, 01:02 PM

2,374 posts, read 2,023,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
I am 100% with this. I am also sick and tired of the newscasts being cluttered with all this stuff. Talk don't talk, I don't care. There are many of us who don't. This isn't news it's silly.

I didn't know who he was and didn't care who he was and never will. His story might be of special interest in a sports segment but that's about it. Enough already, let's get on to real news and let the guy play football the way he wants to.
It does at times, seem like they opened up a prison of liars, dead beat dads, wife beaters, and cheats and formed a league.

Old 02-01-2015, 10:08 PM

6,742 posts, read 3,871,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The Sherman comments were thug talk though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PH35C7Fhq0
Look at this thug behavior.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events