U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 03:59 PM

421 posts, read 309,680 times

Advertisements

Augiec, I am just trying to see if I understood you right..are you that that it's no "big deal" to bury a cat alive because it's "just a cat"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2015, 04:06 PM

6,317 posts, read 4,444,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augiec View Post
It's just a cat... no need to freak out people.

WTF!!?

This news article is the sickest thing i've heard in a while.

You're quote is the second sickest.

Old 01-28-2015, 08:16 PM

5,141 posts, read 3,644,743 times
That owner didn't make SURE that the poor cat was dead in the first place. What an idiot!

Old 01-28-2015, 08:26 PM

3,806 posts, read 5,001,604 times
It is not unknown for severely injured animals to appear to be dead. 100 years ago there were people making caskets with ways to ring bells above ground since it was not unheard of for people to appear to be dead for several days while still being alive,

Old 01-28-2015, 08:35 PM

20,876 posts, read 22,456,852 times
The right thing to do would have been to take the cat to the nearest vet or animal shelter, some place that would have had the means to exam it to determine the extent of the cat's injuries. It was probably in shock so that's why it appeared to be still. This person was just incredibly stupid.

I hope he doesn't get the cat back when it's well enough to leave the animal hospital. He doesn't deserve to have a pet.

Old 01-28-2015, 10:52 PM

421 posts, read 309,680 times
Minervah
Quote:
I hope he doesn't get the cat back when it's well enough to leave the animal hospital. He doesn't deserve to have a pet.
Unfortunately, animals don't have the same rights as humans. The rights they do have are
often not accessed because the neglect, abuse, torture is kept private. If A baby was buried alive, the baby would never be returned to their parents, but this poor animal will most likely
be returned to it's zombie brain owner.

Old 01-29-2015, 01:54 AM

4,787 posts, read 4,671,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Ugh, my heart hurts for this cat. I saw the newsclip w/the owner & the neighbor. The guy swore the cat was dead after it was hit by a car which is why they buried it. I don't know, a part of me wants to believe it but another part of me knows how people can be & that he very well may have just buried the cat alive because he thought it would die anyway. Poor poor baby. I hope he has a full recovery.

I don't know why people automatically don't believe the owner. There have been plenty of cases of medical professionals pronouncing people dead and then whoops they weren't.

If he really wanted to be a despicable human being, no one would ever have to know that the cat reappeared.

Old 01-29-2015, 03:21 AM

9,999 posts, read 4,227,478 times
Quote:
And you're just a primate. Would you like to be buried alive?

Old 01-29-2015, 09:53 AM

20,005 posts, read 67,976,638 times
Quote:
And youre just heartless. Lets bury you alive and let you claw your way back out, after youve been hit by a car. Have a heart!

Old 01-29-2015, 08:27 PM

1,268 posts, read 2,024,198 times
Quote:
Just because it's obviously not your pet of choice doesn't mean it should be buried alive. I assume you're a dog person. How would you feel about somebody burying your dog alive? And if you feel badly for it, what if we tell you "It's just a dog"? I love animals of all sorts, and I hate to see them suffer. I saw on another thread of yours that you have small children. I feel sorry for them, because they're going to be raised to have no compassion for animals, it sounds like, or at least none for cats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or