U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 11:14 AM

299 posts, read 186,613 times

Advertisements

Israel Arbeiter was 14 when the Occupation began. Later he was sent to a death camp. Here is his story:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-hng2FyQs0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2015, 11:22 AM

44,571 posts, read 43,103,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyJet View Post
When I was little tons of folks in my town that was 86% Jewish had the concentration camp numbers tatoo on them. And a lot of them drove Mercedes which I always found strange
They probably worked for those Mercedes. Let's just leave it at that.

Old 01-30-2015, 11:25 AM

I remember being a child and I got my first lesson about the Holocaust via The Diary of Anne Frank, which my teacher had us read in school. I then started reading more about WWII and the Holocaust. I had a few nightmares about it. It wasn't only about people getting killed, it was the torture, the numbers of people dying, and just carnage that was up close. What is even more intense is that this kind of carnage is nothing new. It was just something American soldiers saw up close and personal. It taught me this. You don't have to look different to be singled out.

Old 01-30-2015, 11:31 AM

299 posts, read 186,613 times
This was part of the report on the Holocaust right after the war was over. The footage is clear, well-done, and convincing. How anyone could deny the Holocaust is beyond me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tGwjwK9pIM

Old 01-30-2015, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NT Fellowship View Post
This was part of the report on the Holocaust right after the war was over. The footage is clear, well-done, and convincing. How anyone could deny the Holocaust is beyond me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tGwjwK9pIM
Most people deny the Holocaust because of their own hatred towards Jewish people. I can't think of any other reason.

Old 01-30-2015, 01:59 PM

2,200 posts, read 1,445,367 times
When you are tallying up the deaths, don't forget to count all those who died in WWII fighting for freedom.

Happened to watch Marathon Man about a month ago (read the book years ago).
"Is it safe?"

Old 01-30-2015, 07:03 PM

3,031 posts, read 2,861,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyJet View Post
When I was little tons of folks in my town that was 86% Jewish had the concentration camp numbers tatoo on them. And a lot of them drove Mercedes which I always found strange
I love seeing a Jew driving a Mercedes! It's wonderfully ironic and the biggest FU to Hitler!
It says "not only did we survive, but we're also driving your cars! Ha!"

Old 01-30-2015, 07:05 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,402,860 times
thank you for your very good post. its not just important for the jewish people its important for everybody because it could happen again.
snowden is paying a heavy price for trying to warn us.

Old 01-30-2015, 10:05 PM

20,865 posts, read 22,440,374 times
I remember my mom telling me how my grandmother and her friends, all who had emigrated to the US from Latvia via the UK wrote postcards to the President during WWII. They wrote about the concentration camps and the tortures taking place in Europe. They wrote about people being taken away at night. They wrote to the newspapers and their congressmen. Anyone they thought might help.

There was no Internet, no TV newscasts, no Twitter. There was only the radio and newspapers but these things weren't reported so very few people outside of where the atrocities took place knew about them. Perhaps just those with relatives who disappeared in the night were aware. Our president knew. Our leaders knew. But they didn't speak up.

The difference between then and now is that with all our modern technology, we know what's going on all around the globe today. We can't say we don't. No excuses. It's a more violent world perhaps but it's a more aware world. Which is winning, good or evil? It's hard to say. Often we speak out. Sometimes we try to help those in trouble. But it never seems to be enough. The Holocaust survivors are still speaking out not only about what happened to them but about what is still happening all over the world. If we can't do anything about it, we should at least pay attention.

Old 01-30-2015, 10:30 PM

10,395 posts, read 8,346,895 times
Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it.

Edmund Burke

Sad but true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or