U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-03-2015, 05:40 PM
 
Location: Santa Monica, Ca
5,763 posts, read 3,202,102 times
Reputation: 13580

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
I think the men are being taken advantage of. They're giving copiously of their knowledge, experience, and money to some airhead who wouldn't get better than a waitress job if she weren't pretty.
I think many of these guys know exactly what they're doing... and for whatever reason aren't looking for romantic or long term entanglements.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-03-2015, 06:24 PM
 
Location: Philadelphia, PA
677 posts, read 505,516 times
Reputation: 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeniusGirl800 View Post
I think I'm most bothtered by the fact middle age men want to hook up with girls BARELY out of high school. That's like robbing the cradle. I guess it's a vanity thing for them. They want to be seen with a girl who is young enough to be their granddaughter. It's either that or they can't handle the brains and brilliance of a woman their own age.
No, they want to have sex with a firm-bodied young woman who has soft skin and lips. It's a simple as that, has nothing to do with women their own age being "brilliant."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-03-2015, 06:29 PM
 
Location: Philadelphia, PA
677 posts, read 505,516 times
Reputation: 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
Not all single moms become single moms because they made poor choices. Some became single moms because of circumstances beyond their control. I do feel for them. We have government programs in place help people get through unintended rough times. The majority of single moms I'm seeing these days are single moms because they made poor choices. They don't have any real plans or commitment for the future and then they add a baby to it. The rest of society gets stuck with the consequences of those poor decisions. At what point do we get to quit making excuses and call poor choices what they are..."poor choices"?
I agree 100%!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-03-2015, 09:07 PM
 
19,237 posts, read 11,171,191 times
Reputation: 8387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
Not all single moms become single moms because they made poor choices. Some became single moms because of circumstances beyond their control. I do feel for them. We have government programs in place help people get through unintended rough times. The majority of single moms I'm seeing these days are single moms because they made poor choices. They don't have any real plans or commitment for the future and then they add a baby to it. The rest of society gets stuck with the consequences of those poor decisions. At what point do we get to quit making excuses and call poor choices what they are..."poor choices"?
when some stop generalizing- and putting all in one box---glad you came around
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2015, 07:40 AM
 
Location: Bangkok, NYC, and LV
2,037 posts, read 2,454,447 times
Reputation: 1128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Year2525 View Post
This has been going on for decades, this isn't new by any means. There were lots of stories about this in the 70s 80s and 90s. Now it's a bid deal? This also happens all over the world and isn't unique to the US. Any time there is a cost to do something or get something, people will figure out a way to provide some personal service to offset those costs.
This is a reflection of the sad state of the wealth gap in America--the servants and the masters.

This is becoming all to common now where young girls have increasing (and unrealistic) expectations in an environment of decreasing opportunities.

I am familiar with this lifestyle and have a number of friends that partake. I don't. My buddies are all 5%ers and up and are to the point now where they are driving the price down to a few hundred bucks a session. 3000 a month is what they say..what they pay is 200 a night.

Is 200 bucks a night too little? maybe, that's 10 or 20 hours of work for most of these gals.

In big cities like NYC 1%ers will pay 3000 per month and up but they have their pick of women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2015, 07:45 AM
 
Location: Bangkok, NYC, and LV
2,037 posts, read 2,454,447 times
Reputation: 1128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
I disagree. This isn't an eat or die situation for these girls. If they are going to college, they are privileged. There are less expensive options for an education out there. There are other ways to pay for an education. They could also learn a trade or skill like some other people do and then pay their way through college. If they wish to be prostitutes, that is their choice.
do you want to eat top ramen, go out to applebees, and have a $70 purse....or do do you want to eat sushi at Nobu , sport Michael Kors, and have bottle service at the clubs...do you want to work in library for 7.25 an hour or do you want to spend time with a cool dude who is interesting and exposes you to new things.

Not quite eat or die but it is a lifestyle bump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2015, 07:49 AM
 
3,211 posts, read 2,822,581 times
Reputation: 9290
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
when some stop generalizing- and putting all in one box---glad you came around
Huh?

If you go back and look, I asked "How did they get to be a single mother? Poor choices?" and then I said "Poor choices doesn't excuse bad behavior". I didn't put everyone in one box.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2015, 08:04 AM
 
3,211 posts, read 2,822,581 times
Reputation: 9290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datafeed View Post
do you want to eat top ramen, go out to applebees, and have a $70 purse....or do do you want to eat sushi at Nobu , sport Michael Kors, and have bottle service at the clubs...do you want to work in library for 7.25 an hour or do you want to spend time with a cool dude who is interesting and exposes you to new things.

Not quite eat or die but it is a lifestyle bump.
I understand what you're saying. This reminds me of all the people who put all their wants on credit without the means to back it up. At some point you pay a price for it. Unfortunately, the rest of us got to pay also. Like the people who do everything on credit until they go bust, these women will eventually go bust also. They really aren't worth anything to to any one else. The women with the ramen, the Applebees, and $70 purses will probably have obtained more of their wants when all is said and done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2015, 08:08 AM
 
Location: U.S. (East Coast)
1,231 posts, read 979,663 times
Reputation: 2626
"The Sex Industry... Providing reliable funding for girls' college tuition since 1805!"

What else is new?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2015, 08:09 AM
 
3,211 posts, read 2,822,581 times
Reputation: 9290
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexdiamondz View Post


Aside from that, not every (or even most) middle-aged women are brilliant or has brains. The average person at any age is a complete moron, so if these guys have the cash to at least keep company with women who look good why wouldn't they? What's the point of getting money if you can't spend it on things you enjoy?
I don't disagree with most of what you say here. Obviously, I don't agree with the lifestyle. But I would say if that is truly your lifestyle, you'd still be paying too much. Why pay these women when you have women that would give it away for fee?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top