U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2015, 01:48 PM

240 posts, read 197,106 times

Advertisements

Here's a question to ask anti-gun nerds. If there was even a slight chance that an armed killer might bust into a two-room school house and start shooting, would you seat yourself in Room A where guns were banned, or in Room B where they were welcomed.

I'll take Room B.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2015, 02:00 PM

185 posts, read 133,150 times
The Wild Wild West? Imagine yourself as a student, your teacher has a gun holster. I want my teacher to to look like a cowboy bandito with boots and spurs too. I guess that would keep the classroom quiet and orderly, lol.

Should I be joking about this? Eh, why not.

Old 01-31-2015, 02:43 PM

13,015 posts, read 5,406,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Apparently the bill simply takes existing law and codifys it specifically to protect teachers.
It sounds to me like the hooligans or hoodlums better play nice when at school.
I have mixed feelings abut the proposal.
In some ways, given what seems to be going on in schools these days, I am for it.
However, as with all such endeavors, "Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it!"
The point being that you just might not like what you get!
AND, of course, the real bugaboo; The "Law of Unintended Consequences". It seems people get all excited about something, and never stop to think about what it REALLY allows or does not allow until the "unintended consequence" slaps them upside the head!
Then they whine about it.
I doubt very many school districts would allow teachers to carry firearms anyway. This sounds like it's there to protect the small (mostly rural) number of districts that are allowing it.

Old 01-31-2015, 02:51 PM

2,762 posts, read 2,626,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Lawmakers in Texas are considering a bill that would allow teachers to use deadly force against students.

The Teacherís Protection Act, filed by Rep. Dan Flynn (R-Van), would protect teachers from prosecution for killing students they believe are a threat to other students or anyone else on school grounds.

Texas teachers could be allowed to gun down students to protect school property

only republicans can create something so effed up !

Old 01-31-2015, 02:53 PM

13,015 posts, read 5,406,725 times
And just because a bill is introduced does not mean it will be passed. Look at all the silly laws people talk about in California, when they are merely introduced but not passed.

Old 01-31-2015, 04:41 PM

240 posts, read 197,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post
only republicans can create something so effed up !
Only liberals can create an effed up problem that requires a drastic solution.

Old 01-31-2015, 09:43 PM

4,598 posts, read 3,752,910 times
This is the dumb. Teachers can already have guns on school grounds and there are already self-defense laws that allow them to shoot if their lives are threatened. I don't see the point of this bill.

Old 01-31-2015, 10:13 PM

6,742 posts, read 3,873,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ks5692 View Post
Only liberals can create an effed up problem that requires a drastic solution.
I'm not a liberal, but explain this one to me.

Liberals are responsible for school shootings and school related violence ?

Old 02-01-2015, 03:08 AM

1,560 posts, read 1,368,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ks5692 View Post
Here's a question to ask anti-gun nerds. If there was even a slight chance that an armed killer might bust into a two-room school house and start shooting, would you seat yourself in Room A where guns were banned, or in Room B where they were welcomed.

I'll take Room B.
I don't know.
Where I live I don't have to worry about freakin' nuts trying to kill people and I don't have to look for soldiers in schools to protect me.
As I asked, why then arms have failed to prevent any of the things the cowgirl said from happening?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or