U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-06-2015, 03:45 PM
 
Location: Tucson for awhile longer
8,874 posts, read 12,925,130 times
Reputation: 28957

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
Tina Depuy is a national columnist for the Cagle Syndicate. In her column today, 2-1-15 she talks about Hollywood protecting those who make money for the entertainment industry. Following the recent publicity about his standing ovation, I think she hit the nail right smack on the head.
Tina Dupuy | Column
Thanks for posting that link. I have never heard of Tina Dupuy but now that I've checked out her blog I can see she's a very good writer with excellent insights. I bookmarked her site.

 
Old 02-06-2015, 03:57 PM
 
104 posts, read 61,896 times
Reputation: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Let's be honest: the only reason these women (accusers) went out with him was he was famous, and the only reason they are speaking out about him is he is famous.
But they didn't necessarily go out with him. It doesn't appear Mrs. Alan Ladd went out with him. What is her motive, do you believe?
 
Old 02-06-2015, 04:05 PM
 
Location: State of Transition
72,742 posts, read 64,203,456 times
Reputation: 68532
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbutterfly View Post
But they didn't necessarily go out with him. It doesn't appear Mrs. Alan Ladd went out with him. What is her motive, do you believe?
No, they didn't all go out with him. So that argument is null and void. Strange how people are coming up with arguments that don't fit the facts. Grasping at straws, I guess.
 
Old 02-07-2015, 10:09 AM
 
Location: La Mesa Aka The Table
7,185 posts, read 7,520,266 times
Reputation: 7979
The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
 
Old 02-07-2015, 10:55 AM
 
Location: Vineland, NJ
8,385 posts, read 9,953,575 times
Reputation: 5230
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
The laws of this land is you are innocent until proven guilty. Until Cosby is proven guilty, he will always remain innocent. I will give him the benefit of the doubt.
 
Old 02-07-2015, 11:10 AM
 
Location: La Mesa Aka The Table
7,185 posts, read 7,520,266 times
Reputation: 7979
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
The laws of this land is you are innocent until proven guilty. Until Cosby is proven guilty, he will always remain innocent. I will give him the benefit of the doubt.
Dp I believe that all these women are victims:
Hell No!
I think with a majority these women it was consensually. How ever I do prescribe the ideal that "where there is smoke there is fire"
Some of his fellow actors have defended him, some have throw him under the bus and ran him over.
At any rate, we can all agree that Cosby is at lease, a bad Husband.
 
Old 02-07-2015, 02:42 PM
 
Location: in the mountains
1,372 posts, read 761,848 times
Reputation: 2058
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Dp I believe that all these women are victims:
Hell No!
I think with a majority these women it was consensually. How ever I do prescribe the ideal that "where there is smoke there is fire"
Some of his fellow actors have defended him, some have throw him under the bus and ran him over.
At any rate, we can all agree that Cosby is at lease, a bad Husband.
It's never consensual if the female is unconscious due to having unknowingly drank date rape drugs. That is what makes it rape.
 
Old 02-07-2015, 02:51 PM
 
2,004 posts, read 1,141,078 times
Reputation: 2904
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
The laws of this land is you are innocent until proven guilty. Until Cosby is proven guilty, he will always remain innocent. I will give him the benefit of the doubt.
That really isn't true. There are plenty of criminals who are guilty of committing crimes, they just haven't been prosecuted yet. Tell me, if you saw a person kill a 2 month old baby with a hammer, would you say that person was innocent until proven guilty? Likewise, if someone entered your bedroom and raped you, would you need a court of law to state they were guilty? Just because someone hasn't been convicted of a crime doesn't mean they didn't do it you know. Perhaps the idea of using only the finding of a court verdict allows the use of a different kind if objectivity to come into play. A statute of limitations doesn't mean something didn't happen, does it?
 
Old 02-07-2015, 04:28 PM
 
Location: Vineland, NJ
8,385 posts, read 9,953,575 times
Reputation: 5230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Year2525 View Post
That really isn't true. There are plenty of criminals who are guilty of committing crimes, they just haven't been prosecuted yet. Tell me, if you saw a person kill a 2 month old baby with a hammer, would you say that person was innocent until proven guilty? Likewise, if someone entered your bedroom and raped you, would you need a court of law to state they were guilty? Just because someone hasn't been convicted of a crime doesn't mean they didn't do it you know. Perhaps the idea of using only the finding of a court verdict allows the use of a different kind if objectivity to come into play. A statute of limitations doesn't mean something didn't happen, does it?
I think you need the study the fundamental judicial laws of this country.
 
Old 02-07-2015, 04:40 PM
PDD
 
Location: The Sand Hills of NC
8,776 posts, read 14,146,680 times
Reputation: 11850
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Um, what? You're saying that these accusations of rape are entirely triggered by the fact that years ago these women slept with a man who didn't age well.

Are. You. Absolutely. SERIOUS?

Please tell me this was either a poor attempt at irony/sarcasm or at least that you haven't taken your meds in a week or so.
OK I get it because for whatever reason you don't like Cosby but starlets do just what I suggested and yet you choose to bury you're head in the sand.

Where have these "rape victims" been the last 30 years?

You choose to believe the "victims" I choose to believe it could be something else. He may be guilty as hell but so far it has only been accusations by past their prime women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top