U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2015, 08:33 AM

104 posts, read 62,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
OK I get it because for whatever reason you don't like Cosby but starlets do just what I suggested and yet you choose to bury you're head in the sand.

Where have these "rape victims" been the last 30 years?

You choose to believe the "victims" I choose to believe it could be something else. He may be guilty as hell but so far it has only been accusations by past their prime women.
1. Most of us probably liked Cosby very much before we learned of his actions.
2. They were not all starlets.
3. Many of the women did report and cases weren't accepted.
4. You are right, logic tells us he is as guilty as hell.

Old 05-22-2015, 09:48 PM

1,871 posts, read 1,582,997 times
See Bill Cosby's puzzling response to rape allegations | UTSanDiego.com

This really does not help much. His incoherent rambling is making him all the more guilty. I feel so bad for all the victims in this case. Bill Cosby appears senile or early stages dementia.

Old 05-22-2015, 10:08 PM

6,981 posts, read 4,201,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerdude_Charlie View Post

This really does not help much. His incoherent rambling is making him all the more guilty. I feel so bad for all the victims in this case. Bill Cosby appears senile or early stages dementia.
Mr Cosby, what you just said....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQCU36pkH7c

Old 05-23-2015, 02:02 PM

19,466 posts, read 13,121,855 times
Quote:

Cosby is neither. He's fully aware of his problem and its consequences, and he's just casting about, trying to come up with something that will exonerate him. He is relying on his skill as a good story teller to get him out of this one. It's not gonna happen. There are too many women coming forth now, and they all tell the same story.

Cosby himself made brief enthusiastic mention of drugging women in one of his early comedy records I heard when I was a Jr. High kid in the late 50s. Even though I didn't know much about life then, those few seconds really disturbed me.

What disturbs me even more is Cosby won't be held accountable for most of his serial drug rapes due to the statute of limitations.

Old 05-23-2015, 02:44 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,305 posts, read 11,847,275 times
Quote:

Yes, I came to that conclusion when I saw him being interviewed by Jon Stewart a few months ago. He seemed slow-witted and incoherent. I thought it was either from early dementia or perhaps that he was stoned out of his mind. I guess that stoned and drunk is the default explanation until we see if he continues to babble during interviews.

While he's innocent in a purely legal sense, I do believe he's guilty. Especially so since, as Mangokiwi pointed out, we're not seeing any other celebrities being accused by many women of serial rape.

Old 05-23-2015, 04:44 PM

1,372 posts, read 766,083 times
Quote:

I think he was coached by his lawyers/PR people to play dumb and act senile, in order to avoid charges and further damage his reputation.

Old 07-06-2015, 05:04 PM

10,577 posts, read 6,869,365 times
This is going to be disappointing news to all the self-appointed Bill Cosby PR-flacks posting in this thread:
Quote:
Bill Cosby testified in 2005 that he got Quaaludes with the intent of giving them to young women he wanted to have sex with, and he admitted giving the sedative to at least one woman and "other people," according to documents obtained Monday by The Associated Press.
Bill Cosby said he got drugs to give women for sex | abc7.com

Gee, what a shocker! It turns out that when dozens and dozens of women all accuse the same man of rape, all telling similar stories with no clear motives to lie, the logical explanation that the guy is a rapist (and not "They're all lying!") turns out to be correct.

Like I said, how shocking...

The real question is this - why do some people fall all over themselves to run interference for someone who was clearly a sexual predator?

Old 07-06-2015, 11:17 PM

17,497 posts, read 10,176,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
This is going to be disappointing news to all the self-appointed Bill Cosby PR-flacks posting in this thread:

Gee, what a shocker! It turns out that when dozens and dozens of women all accuse the same man of rape, all telling similar stories with no clear motives to lie, the logical explanation that the guy is a rapist (and not "They're all lying!") turns out to be correct.

The real question is this - why do some people fall all over themselves to run interference for someone who was clearly a sexual predator?
Hard to think the voice of Fat Albert was capable of doing something so horrible. Wonder what made him see women this way.

Another possibility some of the women accusing him were not thought to be creditable, like Janice Dickinson.

Old 07-06-2015, 11:43 PM

15,135 posts, read 8,660,482 times
Wow, I'm 'shocked' at Cosby's statements.

Scumbag of the highest order.

Old 07-07-2015, 01:03 AM

4,803 posts, read 10,203,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post

Sounds like a confession to me. Surprised it took this long for the media to dig this up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events