U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2016, 06:23 PM

18,718 posts, read 4,706,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
How is this any different than the priests that molested little boys years ago, that didn't come to light until decades later?

Do you think the men who are now in their 30's, 40's or 50's are lying when they say a priest molested them when they were children?

Just like accusing a priest back in those days, the chances of accusing Bill Cosby of rape and being believed were slim to none.

Times have changed.
This^^^, back then nobody saying awful things happened would have been believed..
Good post Annie...

Old 01-01-2016, 06:31 PM

5,798 posts, read 2,154,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
One interesting detail in this case that is going to court is that the woman is a lesbian.
Do you actually have a link where this accuser has admitted to be lesbian..however, with her experiences with such a male ( BC) with home she had trusted ( as a teenager) would likely create fear factor os "TRUST ISSUES"!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Lesbians can't be drugged and raped?
GMAB..This victim was a teenager..over 11 years ago..who, no doubt had understood her sexuality yet...She took these pills from a trusted person..had no idea this TRUSTED PERSON would TAKE ADVANTAGE...But hey..Billy boy had been doing this same MO for decades++++ ..As for Bill..it's worked for him over 40+ years..so why not....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Why is that relevant?
It's NOT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
He has a right to not say anything.
Sure he does..BUT in the past he has denied..had civil suit depositions sealed..settled BEFORE trials..so Camille as his business manager SHOULD have known her hubby's expenses..or else their whole "Books" should be forensically investigated....Camille better be honest and straightforward...business wise..OR she too could be in deep do do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
How is this any different than the priests that molested little boys years ago, that didn't come to light until decades later?

Do you think the men who are now in their 30's, 40's or 50's are lying when they say a priest molested them when they were children?

Just like accusing a priest back in those days, the chances of accusing Bill Cosby of rape and being believed were slim to none.

Times have changed.
It's no different, whether it's a mentor, trusted family member, priest, minister, Doctor, teacher..right across the whole field...Those in position of trust have a higher burden...and when the use their position to seek sexual gratification..BAM!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
while I think he is guilty as sin, I do ask myself:

Who in their right mind takes pills when offered? Are you kidding me?
Here's a pill, it will chill you? um, don't think so.

So all these women were offered pills, Janice Dickenson also, and I like her, but seriously? Here's a pill, take it??????, and she did? three blue pills???? really????

so now, I think to myself: How dumb can these women be? So what, so BC offers me a pill, I should take it?

While he did a terrible thing to these women, again, unless he snuck the pill in their drink or shouved it down thier throats, who takes a pill from a stranger????
I happen to think Bill was rather adaptive..sometimes he offered pills, and other times he likely put the sedative drugs into drinks..coffee or wine or drinks....He's in truth, given his MO..is now a proven serial sexual assaulter!!

PLEASE keep in mind..NONE of these 50-6- women knew each other..so how could this description be so compatible...None of these women had access to sealed testimony..since Cos settled most cases..SO there is no way..the stories would be so similar!! However, nearly half century..How the heck would this Criminal Complainant even know about any of these stories...Her story came out back in 2004-5...Long before Media said much about it..In fact it wasn't until BC's ( Sealed 2005) Civil Suit got unsealed ..Did anyone hear/read his admission of use and abuse of drug access in order to have sexual liaison ...

Hindsight it's rather sad..IF this Has been was so stable and happy..why would he ever feel the need to drug anybody to avail himself in the first place!! Meanwhile..Camille was complicit because she ASSUMED those "Others" were doing it with agreement.....

Camille's past statement actually acknowledges the struggles..way back in the '60's-''70's...and somehow accepted his philandering....SAD...But then again she was anchorage/managing HIS career!! $$ trumps everything I guess

Old 01-01-2016, 06:47 PM

1,673 posts, read 1,844,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
while I think he is guilty as sin, I do ask myself:

Who in their right mind takes pills when offered? Are you kidding me?
Here's a pill, it will chill you? um, don't think so.

So all these women were offered pills, Janice Dickenson also, and I like her, but seriously? Here's a pill, take it??????, and she did? three blue pills???? really????

so now, I think to myself: How dumb can these women be? So what, so BC offers me a pill, I should take it?

While he did a terrible thing to these women, again, unless he snuck the pill in their drink or shouved it down thier throats, who takes a pill from a stranger????
First off, Cosby wasn't a stranger to Andrea Constand. They had a friendship for at least a year, and he was acting as her mentor. As to why she took the pills, I'll say this: Real life often doesn't follow the tidy notions we have in our minds. The old saying, hindsight is 20/20, rings true because of this. You never know exactly how you'll react when you're in a quick mix of circumstances. I feel Cosby has an exceptionally powerful personality, very influential and convincing, especially if you're dealing with him one to one in a mentoring relationship. On the night in question, Constand and Cosby were discussing her future career plan. She said she was very stressed and drained about it. He took that as an opportunity to give her the pills, claiming they were an herbal supplement. So the chit went down from there. Anyhow, I'd bet Constand looks back and kicks herself for her poor judgement that night.

Old 01-01-2016, 07:06 PM

14,817 posts, read 17,417,710 times
There seems to be much more to this story than what the main stream media is telling us because it is just weird; and some of you are making excellent points/questions such as who in there right mind would take three pills offered to them by any individual? and why would anyone and I mean ANYONE come forward with rape allegations that have taken place fifty, forty, thirty, and ten years ago unless there was something that was in it for them.

It makes no sense. I mean with all do respect to women of ALL colors not just the ones accusing him, if presenting these allegations against him now is as important to them as they're making it seem, against a 78 (lets say 80 year old man) year old man, then why haven't they come forward with these accusations before? Especially during a time when race relations were far worse which meant that for a black man if you so as much looked at a white woman resulted in nearly losing your career or even worse losing your life?

Bill Cosby also filed defamation lawsuits against his accusers as well which to me also didn't make any sense.

I stumbled upon some information that at one time he tried to purchase NBC in the 90's shortly there after his son was killed and then he retreated afterward. Earlier NBC had released him as a result of the current allegations (CBS source) however, in the CNN interview, Phylicia Rashad his co host from the Cosby Show when being interviewed says that "this is not about the women it is about something else". She doesn't truly say what but it sounds like career sabotage from within.

My only conclusion that I could draw from it all was that he may have been planning to acquire the network (NBC) once again giving him not only absolute authority, power, and control, however, it would have allowed blacks and minorities with talent to have an opportunity to finally get ahead within a black owned corporation.

Conspiracy? yes
Fact or fiction? Well you decide

I attached some sources below and I know that the first two are going to get a lot of flack because of the names of the sources so I also put two reliable sources.

Black Time Travel | Bill Cosby once tried to buy NBC and people didn’t like it

So, here’s what happened when Bill Cosby Tried to buy NBC – Your Black World

NBC firmly shuts door on Bill Cosby - CBS News

Conspiracy claims surround Bill Cosby debate - CNN.com

Old 01-02-2016, 02:18 PM

3,002 posts, read 1,966,553 times
Why wait so long if he is using illegal knock out drugs that could have been easily detected using mass spectrometer blood test. Then that would be enough for a judge to issue a search warrant to search his homes. That is enough evidence to convict along with testimony. Why has it taken so many years to do anything about him I can tell you why the woman thought about what they had at stake their reputations would be trashed by Cosby's attorney as wanting to sue for money.

Old 01-02-2016, 02:42 PM

11,898 posts, read 9,624,570 times
It's not unusual for victims to wait years to report an assault, if they ever report it at all. It's especially understandable when the rapist is a famous and powerful person.

Old 01-02-2016, 03:20 PM

20,873 posts, read 22,451,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Why wait so long if he is using illegal knock out drugs that could have been easily detected using mass spectrometer blood test. Then that would be enough for a judge to issue a search warrant to search his homes. That is enough evidence to convict along with testimony. Why has it taken so many years to do anything about him I can tell you why the woman thought about what they had at stake their reputations would be trashed by Cosby's attorney as wanting to sue for money.
It isn't as easy as all that. Even if drugs were found in his home, the women would still have to have proven he was the one who gave the drugs to them. It would have been their word against his and with him being a famous celebrity, who do you think the courts would have believed? One individual woman with no credibility or powerful attorneys or a titan like Cosby with some of the deepest pockets in Hollywood?

It's only now that the women have all come together with almost the exact same story that they are being believed. And because these are different times.

Old 01-02-2016, 05:49 PM

9,056 posts, read 6,726,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
What drug exactly is an "illegal knockout drug"?

Old 01-04-2016, 05:40 PM

27,266 posts, read 15,048,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
There seems to be much more to this story than what the main stream media is telling us because it is just weird; and some of you are making excellent points/questions such as who in there right mind would take three pills offered to them by any individual? and why would anyone and I mean ANYONE come forward with rape allegations that have taken place fifty, forty, thirty, and ten years ago unless there was something that was in it for them.

It makes no sense. I mean with all do respect to women of ALL colors not just the ones accusing him, if presenting these allegations against him now is as important to them as they're making it seem, against a 78 (lets say 80 year old man) year old man, then why haven't they come forward with these accusations before? Especially during a time when race relations were far worse which meant that for a black man if you so as much looked at a white woman resulted in nearly losing your career or even worse losing your life?

Bill Cosby also filed defamation lawsuits against his accusers as well which to me also didn't make any sense.

I stumbled upon some information that at one time he tried to purchase NBC in the 90's shortly there after his son was killed and then he retreated afterward. Earlier NBC had released him as a result of the current allegations (CBS source) however, in the CNN interview, Phylicia Rashad his co host from the Cosby Show when being interviewed says that "this is not about the women it is about something else". She doesn't truly say what but it sounds like career sabotage from within.

My only conclusion that I could draw from it all was that he may have been planning to acquire the network (NBC) once again giving him not only absolute authority, power, and control, however, it would have allowed blacks and minorities with talent to have an opportunity to finally get ahead within a black owned corporation.

Conspiracy? yes
Fact or fiction? Well you decide

I attached some sources below and I know that the first two are going to get a lot of flack because of the names of the sources so I also put two reliable sources.

Black Time Travel | Bill Cosby once tried to buy NBC and people didn’t like it

So, here’s what happened when Bill Cosby Tried to buy NBC – Your Black World

NBC firmly shuts door on Bill Cosby - CBS News

Conspiracy claims surround Bill Cosby debate - CNN.com
Oh, oh my. I have decided that this is a completely ridiculous theory that I have previously seen wandering around the web.

Many of the women did come forward years ago; you know this, yes?

I tend to think of the old adage ~ where there's smoke, there's fire and there's a lot of smoke around Cosby these days.

Old 01-04-2016, 08:10 PM

3,019 posts, read 3,122,364 times
Where is the doctor that has been providing Cosby prescriptions for the pills he gave his victims for years?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events