U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-03-2015, 02:58 PM
 
Location: Upstate NY
30,723 posts, read 9,185,057 times
Reputation: 29234

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Let's be honest: the only reason these women (accusers) went out with him was he was famous, and the only reason they are speaking out about him is he is famous.

So?

The only reason he preyed on them was because they weren't famous. And the only reason he's gotten away with it is because he is famous.

 
Old 02-03-2015, 03:27 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles County
11,096 posts, read 9,072,104 times
Reputation: 29130
I wonder if he spiked pudding pops then gave them to the women?
 
Old 02-03-2015, 05:20 PM
 
Location: Texas Hill Country
8,951 posts, read 4,875,267 times
Reputation: 7715
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashpelham View Post
I listened to the Marc Maron Podcast a week ago that featured Jeff garlin, and the two of them talked about it extensively. As two successful, seasoned comedians, they took an appropriate stance and both seemed to talk like this shouldn't come as a surprise.
Unless they were actually on site whenever it happened, keep in mind that what they are referring to is heresay.
 
Old 02-03-2015, 05:28 PM
 
Location: in the mountains
1,372 posts, read 764,971 times
Reputation: 2058
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
The only reason they are speaking out about him is because HE RAPED THEM and its TIME FOR JUSTICE.

As far as being ambitious - in any other forum, you would be PRAISING them.
Good point!! Lots of men look at the alleged victims and say they deserved it for hanging around Cosby to try to advance their career. Since when is drugging someone and raping them acceptable just because they hoped you could help them in their career? If he did the same thing to men, what would people say?
 
Old 02-03-2015, 05:31 PM
 
Location: in the mountains
1,372 posts, read 764,971 times
Reputation: 2058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Several of these women claim that they were raped "several times" by Mr. Cosby...

Now let's think for a second: You went to his house, he gave you some mysterious drink, he had sex with you while you were "drugged." Why in the hell would you GO BACK to his house after this?
Because they were children a the time, you fool, some of them were as young as 11 when the first attacks allegedly took place. They apparently didn't have a choice, one of the girls was working with Cosby on his sitcom and her mother made her continue to work with him.

Would you say the same thing to boys who were abused and raped by Catholic Priests? Would you say "You let it happen again, too bad for you!"

Don't be such a dick. Some of these women were only teenagers when they were allegedly raped by Cosby.
 
Old 02-03-2015, 05:50 PM
 
Location: State of Transition
73,070 posts, read 64,594,439 times
Reputation: 69020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangokiwi View Post
Because they were children a the time, you fool, some of them were as young as 11 when the first attacks allegedly took place. They apparently didn't have a choice, one of the girls was working with Cosby on his sitcom and her mother made her continue to work with him.

Would you say the same thing to boys who were abused and raped by Catholic Priests? Would you say "You let it happen again, too bad for you!"

Don't be such a dick. Some of these women were only teenagers when they were allegedly raped by Cosby.
Wait, what??! I missed that. Do you have a link? He outright raped 11-yr-olds? Or fondled them, or what?

 
Old 02-03-2015, 06:04 PM
 
Location: in the mountains
1,372 posts, read 764,971 times
Reputation: 2058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Wait, what??! I missed that. Do you have a link? He outright raped 11-yr-olds? Or fondled them, or what?

Have you heard of Google.com? It's very helpful for doing your own research. I learned a lot about this case earlier when the story first broke and I am not here to educate you. You can go check out what I said yourself.
 
Old 02-03-2015, 11:13 PM
 
Location: Silicon Valley
16,869 posts, read 20,735,209 times
Reputation: 31189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentallect View Post
Not only that, but you mean to tell me that a relatively unknown BLACK MAN went around drugging and raping an endless number of WHITE WOMEN in the SIXTIES, and is still alive today to face all the accusations?!? LOL, yeah right...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
I still don't see how a black man in America can get away with raping white women for 40 years, I don't give a crap how rich/powerful he is, he's still black.
I think the fact that he was black was a big reason why women didn't come forward (who were not black).

For women back then, as now, society will ask, what did she do to provoke the rape? Why was she alone with him, etc.?

So, already she will be called a ***** or ****, if she put herself in a situation where she was alone with her accuser, and especially if she was dressed provocatively or if the rapist was attractive, etc.

This has not changed up until today in 2015. And women have to consider how they will be viewed by society as a whole by the fact that they were alone with this man, and were perhaps attracted to him.

Now, add on top of that the fact that he was black. Anyone who was not alive or an adult way back in 1970 or so, will have no idea how HUGE this additional allegation would have been against a non-black woman back at that time.

To be accused of "wanting" to have sex with a black man back then - I don't even know how to explain how this could utterly ruin a woman back in those times. Even today, mixed relationships are tricky. But back then it was social death.

So, not only would they be putting themselves out for the world to criticize about how they put themselves into a position to be raped, but to put themselves into a position to be raped by a black man? There's just no way in hell they would have done so at the time.

This was his ace in the hole, so to speak. I don't know how to make younger people understand how severe this accusation would have been at the time, even in so "liberal" a state as California.

But the fact that he was black and they were white would have actually aided him in keeping them from reporting the rapes.

There's no way a woman back then would have wanted to go on record that a black man had raped her, who was a man she was spending time with socially - as opposed to being raped in an alley by a black man. Even then, she probably would never have reported it, as she wouldn't want anyone to know that she'd had sex with a black man - against her will or not.
 
Old 02-03-2015, 11:33 PM
 
Location: State of Transition
73,070 posts, read 64,594,439 times
Reputation: 69020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangokiwi View Post
Have you heard of Google.com? It's very helpful for doing your own research. I learned a lot about this case earlier when the story first broke and I am not here to educate you. You can go check out what I said yourself.
You need to support the statements you make. There is no story of him raping 11-year-olds.
 
Old 02-04-2015, 01:02 AM
 
Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,305 posts, read 11,840,778 times
Reputation: 8043
He's not been proven guilty, but I believe he did it. That's just my intuitive read based on my experiences of human mating behavior. Probably at least some of the women told the exact truth, and a few others have piled on for the check.

Probably if he had gone out with some of them for a few weeks or months, which they certainly would have agreed to because most women are drawn towards fame like moths to a flame ...... they would never have thought of it as a rape. But hell hath no fury like a woman scorned .....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top