U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2015, 05:15 AM

15,577 posts, read 9,650,106 times

Advertisements

Too little too late IMO. Bill is heading for 78 years of age, and by the time his high powered Attorneys file one delay after another, Bill will be either in a nursing home or dead. All these women can hope for is some monetary settlement because he will most likely never see one day behind bars.

Do I think he did some of the things he is accused of? Yep........too many women with the same story. If it were only a few I might think opportunists, but not this many.

Don

Old 02-04-2015, 05:26 AM

6,034 posts, read 7,185,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentallect View Post
Not only that, but you mean to tell me that a relatively unknown BLACK MAN went around drugging and raping an endless number of WHITE WOMEN in the SIXTIES, and is still alive today to face all the accusations?!? LOL, yeah right...

I tend to believe this. Can you imagine what a white prosecutor would have done upon hearing about charges like this back in the 60ies? Or the family of one of these ladies? Cosby would have fried.

As it stands now there is no concrete evidence beyond the fact that Cosby liked kinky stuff and was a big time sugar daddy to alot of the chicks accusing him of rape.

Old 02-04-2015, 08:00 AM

2,172 posts, read 2,896,361 times
I compare the Cosby issue with the reports a number of years ago about a very famous and then hot actor that had to go to the ER to have a frozen rodent removed from his hoohaw. The reports were pretty credible from involved medical personnel (well before HIPPA) until the PR machine got going throwing tons of money, misinformation and obfuscation at the problem, somewhat cleaning up his image but the story stuck a bit afterwards. Same with Cosby over the years.

I remember reading stuff in the 80s that is identical to the stories today. Frankly where there is smoke, there is 99% of the time fire. No one but the participants know for sure but the preponderance of the evidence suggests that there is enough to warrant reasonable suspicion. Did some of those women put themselves in harm's way for whatever reason? Perhaps but that does not absolve Cosby from taking advantage of their vulnerability. The fact that it was an "open" secret in Cosby circles narrows the doubt even further. I'm not giving the guy a pass.

Old 02-04-2015, 09:41 AM

36,434 posts, read 41,620,437 times
I'm swayed by the women with reputable careers who are now coming forward. Janice Dickinson is a bit of a flake so I was not swayed by anything she said but many of the other women are now professionals or retired professionals with much to lose who decided it is the right thing to do. I believe them.

I also know most of these women were very young and willing to do "anything" to get a career in show business and along comes a famous actor who acts so solicitous and helpful. Bjut anything does not mean they were willing to be drugged and raped. of course some slept willingly with him. That's a completely different thing. I think Bill Cosby must have some serious sexual issues if he has to drug women to have sex with them.

Old 02-04-2015, 09:41 AM

11,824 posts, read 7,695,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
Holy crap, this post is like... too much. These women waited decades for their moment to make money? By not trying to get money? And it's only Cosby's fault because he got "involved" with these women?

This is exactly why women are reluctant to come forward when they've been sexually assaulted. You are exactly what is wrong with our society.
If you know what Hollywood is like as a woman, you should know what you're getting involved with when you sit down and have a drink with a guy privately.

Why do men give women drinks privately? To get them intoxicated and carry out their manly affairs.

If you open yourself to that situation you're asking to get drugged. Or else just say you don't want a drink.

How can he drug you if you don't take a drink. I don't care who it is, if I am a woman I'm not drinking anything if I am in private with a guy.

I am not condoning Cosby, I think he is guilty however he probably had arrangement with some of these women and they are just asking for more now.

Old 02-04-2015, 10:04 AM

2,172 posts, read 2,896,361 times
Above quote: "If you know what Hollywood is like as a woman, you should know what you're getting involved with when you sit down and have a drink with a guy privately."

In at least one of those cases the drink in question was hot tea, not something one would readily associate with a drugging and sex scenario in the home of America's father figure. Seriously folks quit blaming the victims. Even if they were stupid, eager to get ahead, naive, that gives no man (or woman for that matter) the right for non-consensual sex. Period. End of story.

Old 02-04-2015, 10:32 AM

72,675 posts, read 64,140,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
He's not been proven guilty, but I believe he did it. That's just my intuitive read based on my experiences of human mating behavior. Probably at least some of the women told the exact truth, and a few others have piled on for the check.

Probably if he had gone out with some of them for a few weeks or months, which they certainly would have agreed to because most women are drawn towards fame like moths to a flame ...... they would never have thought of it as a rape. But hell hath no fury like a woman scorned .....
Does everyone realize he was married at the time all this happened? One article I read said one of the women met him when she and a friend went on a double date with him and his wife. She said his wife knew exactly what was going on, and was ok with it. That would be the same wife who made a public statement a couple of months ago saying that nothing of the kind ever happened, and her husband was a good man.

Old 02-04-2015, 11:14 AM

672 posts, read 582,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
If you know what Hollywood is like as a woman, you should know what you're getting involved with when you sit down and have a drink with a guy privately.

in other words, she asked for it

Why do men give women drinks privately? To get them intoxicated and carry out their manly affairs.

If you open yourself to that situation you're asking to get drugged. Or else just say you don't want a drink.

How can he drug you if you don't take a drink. I don't care who it is, if I am a woman I'm not drinking anything if I am in private with a guy.

I am not condoning Cosby, I think he is guilty however he probably had arrangement with some of these women and they are just asking for more now.

in other words, they asked for it
Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot.

Old 02-04-2015, 11:28 AM

3,048 posts, read 1,569,650 times
Quote:

This is the silliest post on the thread. So if you sit down with a guy in Hollywood in private and accept a drink you should EXPECT to get drugged and raped. I have no words for this other than you AND Bill Cosby have women issues.

Old 02-04-2015, 11:35 AM

3,196 posts, read 2,351,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
I tend to believe this. Can you imagine what a white prosecutor would have done upon hearing about charges like this back in the 60ies? Or the family of one of these ladies? Cosby would have fried.
As it stands now there is no concrete evidence beyond the fact that Cosby liked kinky stuff and was a big time sugar daddy to alot of the chicks accusing him of rape.
In the 60's it was the woman's fault. She shouldn't have been dressed that way, shouldn't have been drinking, shouldn't have been out by herself, etc. Women felt even more shame over being raped back then, especially if they were raped by a black man. They were treated like "race traitors" for "having sex" with a black man.

Quote:
You're a disgusting person. You are condoning Cosby's behavior because you're blaming the women for what he did to them. I sincerely hope you get raped so you can know what it is to be so completely violated. And I don't feel bad about wishing that on you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events