U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 08:16 AM

7,778 posts, read 9,619,522 times

Advertisements

Tina Depuy is a national columnist for the Cagle Syndicate. In her column today, 2-1-15 she talks about Hollywood protecting those who make money for the entertainment industry. Following the recent publicity about his standing ovation, I think she hit the nail right smack on the head.
Tina Dupuy | Column

Old 02-01-2015, 05:02 PM
Status: "My eyes are rolled back so far I can see my brain." (set 15 days ago)

13,389 posts, read 11,891,181 times
Let's be honest: the only reason these women (accusers) went out with him was he was famous, and the only reason they are speaking out about him is he is famous.

Old 02-01-2015, 07:22 PM

186 posts, read 182,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Let's be honest: the only reason these women (accusers) went out with him was he was famous, and the only reason they are speaking out about him is he is famous.
There's that...

And, then, women also hate to be raped...

Old 02-01-2015, 09:08 PM

240 posts, read 197,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnw2016 View Post
There's that...

And, then, women also hate to be raped...
...or maybe they're speaking out because they were drugged and raped by a famous pig, and they knew nobody would listen to them back in the day.

Old 02-01-2015, 09:19 PM

2,494 posts, read 1,856,094 times
I doubt all of the women received the full "Cosby Experience."

My hunch is that some were flat out drugged and raped. Others agreed to a quid-pro-quo arrangement, figuring that if they gave Dr. Huxtable what he wanted, that they'd get access to the big-timers in Hollywood.

Old 02-01-2015, 09:26 PM

2,533 posts, read 2,385,377 times
I've never been a fan of Bill Cosby. I've never found him to be charming or especially funny. I find him to be both arrogant and hypocritical. Those are all good enough reasons for me not to like the guy.

However, I am a fan of due process--both in a legal sense and a less formal one. One of the most troubling aspects of a culture which has come to be dominated by social media obsession, is the growing tendency to try and convict individuals in the emotionally-charged kangaroo court of public outrage.

I have no idea what Cosby did or didn't do. If someone files criminal charges, or pursues a civil case against him, I'll watch as the process unfolds. Until and unless that happens, I'm not prepared to accuse him of anything.

Old 02-01-2015, 09:30 PM

72,802 posts, read 64,258,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Some didn't go out with him. Some only went to study acting with him or to intern with him.

Old 02-01-2015, 09:33 PM

72,802 posts, read 64,258,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgn2013 View Post
I doubt all of the women received the full "Cosby Experience."

My hunch is that some were flat out drugged and raped. Others agreed to a quid-pro-quo arrangement, figuring that if they gave Dr. Huxtable what he wanted, that they'd get access to the big-timers in Hollywood.
So many of the incidents occurred long before he was Dr. Huxtable, though. Some occurred back when he was a relative unknown, doing comedy routines on late-night TV. And (male) colleagues of his who knew him back then have spoken out and said he was a pervert, and a bit freaky on the subject of women.

Old 02-01-2015, 10:43 PM

3,697 posts, read 3,284,392 times
It was an open secret. Much like many of those celebrity sexual appetites .

Great commentary. Thx for posting.
How can people keep saying there is no proof when every single one of these women's account is the same.
?
The naysayers are incredibly deaf and blind to this monster.

Old 02-01-2015, 11:03 PM

1,467 posts, read 922,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogead View Post
I've never been a fan of Bill Cosby. I've never found him to be charming or especially funny. I find him to be both arrogant and hypocritical. Those are all good enough reasons for me not to like the guy.

However, I am a fan of due process--both in a legal sense and a less formal one. One of the most troubling aspects of a culture which has come to be dominated by social media obsession, is the growing tendency to try and convict individuals in the emotionally-charged kangaroo court of public outrage.

I have no idea what Cosby did or didn't do. If someone files criminal charges, or pursues a civil case against him, I'll watch as the process unfolds. Until and unless that happens, I'm not prepared to accuse him of anything.
He settled a civil suit in 2006 for the very same acts he continues to be accused of by dozens of other women.

The item below on the settlement is from Nov. 2006

Bill Cosby Settles Lawsuit - CBS News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events