U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2015, 06:42 AM

3,723 posts, read 4,589,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post
Bobbi Kristina: Father Files Suit to Take over Her Estate
by 11:54 amApril 26, 20150
<a title=" View all posts by Dailytime Nigeria
Dailytime Nigeria /a

div class=" href="http://dailytimes.com.ng/author/dtn/" datesingle?="">Entertainment, Hollywood

While Bobbi Kristina Brown continues to fight for her life at Atlanta’s Dekalb Medical hospital, her father Bobby Brown, has filed for guardianship over her estate.
The is happening just a week after differing opinions on Bobbi Kristina’s medical condition.

According to NBC, Bobby Brown’s decision to file for guardianship of his daughter’s estate was met with resistance by Cissy Houston, Bobbi Kristina’s maternal grandmother.

Houston’s Lawyer, David W. Long, released a statement on saturday:
“This is a family matter involving sensitive information. We hope to resolve this in a manner that is respectful of Bobbi Kristina’s sensitive health information. The Houston family has always looked out for the best interest of Bobbi Kristina Brown. The family has done so all of her life and will continue to do so. We trust that others have the same objective.”

Atlanta’s Dekalb Medical hospital, Bobbi

Bobbi Kristina: Father Files Suit to Take over Her Estate &ndash; Daily Times Nigeria
About what I expected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2015, 05:55 AM

1,077 posts, read 684,993 times
Had Bobby Brown tried to get custody of Krissy when Whitney passed, then it wouldn't be seen as suspect.

Since Cissy and her family have been caring for Krissy since her mom's passing, BB has ulterior motives, is my belief.

Still praying for a miracle for Krissy to recover but it seems like it's not to be.

They should let her go peacefully.

Old 04-27-2015, 04:23 PM

21,416 posts, read 14,357,337 times
Quote:
Had Bobby Brown tried to get custody of Krissy when Whitney passed, then it wouldn't be seen as suspect.

Since Cissy and her family have been caring for Krissy since her mom's passing, BB has ulterior motives, is my belief.

Still praying for a miracle for Krissy to recover but it seems like it's not to be.

She will be brain damaged and crippled if she ever awakes now.

Old 04-27-2015, 04:24 PM

1,025 posts, read 1,004,017 times
Quote:

How would he have gotten custody? She was an adult when her mother died.

Old 04-27-2015, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raindrop101 View Post
How would he have gotten custody? She was an adult when her mother died.
I thought she was just turning 18.

At any rate, since Whitney died, Krissy as been in the care of Cissy and Pat Houston, so why didn't he try before this? It's been alleged, he and Krissy have been estranged, so he wasn't really in her life to begin with.

I just don't think Bobby Brown, even as he is her father should get custody of his daughter or the money left to her.

He's acting delusional telling folks at his concert that Bobbi Kristina is awake, when in fact she is still in a coma, no brain activity, why would he want her to continue to live in a vegetative state? She wanted to sing like her parents, now this will never be.

Let her go peacefully into Paradise.

Old 04-27-2015, 05:32 PM

1,025 posts, read 1,004,017 times
Quote:
I thought she was just turning 18.

At any rate, since Whitney died, Krissy as been in the care of Cissy and Pat Houston, so why didn't he try before this? It's been alleged, he and Krissy have been estranged, so he wasn't really in her life to begin with.

I just don't think Bobby Brown, even as he is her father should get custody of his daughter or the money left to her.

He's acting delusional telling folks at his concert that Bobbi Kristina is awake, when in fact she is still in a coma, no brain activity, why would he want her to continue to live in a vegetative state? She wanted to sing like her parents, now this will never be.

Let her go peacefully into Paradise.
I believe she was 19.

I don't know enough about her life before and after her mother's death to know who took care of her, but she was an adult and apparently married, so I assume she had some independence.

I hope that he is just a father with hope and grief for his daughter and that he is not just after her money. I guess time will tell.

It's a very sad situation. I wonder if anyone ever tried to help her with her drug and alcohol issues. I really have not followed the story enough to know.

Old 04-27-2015, 07:30 PM

51,883 posts, read 41,765,307 times
Time to let her go peacefully. She's a vegetable and there is no chance of recovery at this point.

I haven't followed the family and their squabbles so I have no opinion on that. I feel bad that it compounds the situation.

Old 04-27-2015, 07:42 PM

3,723 posts, read 4,589,049 times
I hope someone does the right thing for Bobbi Kristina.

Old 04-28-2015, 10:39 PM

1,653 posts, read 1,793,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
I hope someone does the right thing for Bobbi Kristina.
You can hope all you want but it hasn't happened to this point and there is no reason to thing that it will happen now.

Old 04-30-2015, 01:53 PM

Bobbi Kristina Brown: Cissy Houston will fight Bobby Brown over guardianship of granddaughter's estate

Cissy Houston stands to inherit Bobbi Kristina's fortune.(Reuters)

The news that Bobby Brown has filed for control over Bobbi Kristina Brown's estate, has been met with suspicion from some quarters.

As her father, the 46-year-old is Bobbi Kristina's closest living relative, and while he has the final say regarding matters relating to her health, he has no control over her $20 million inheritance. The guardianship will allow him to take control of his daughter's personal assets

Bobbi Kristina, who remains in a coma after being found unresponsive in a bath tub of her Georgia home three months ago, was the sole heir of her mother Whitney Houston's fortune.

Her grandmother, Cissy Houston, and her uncle and aunt Gary and Pat Houston are named as the executors of the $20 million trust. If the 22-year-old dies, they stand to inherit her entire estate.

“The Houston family has always looked out for the best interest of Bobbi Kristina Brown. The family has done so all of her life and will continue to do so. We trust that others have the same objective.”

Cissy Houston, who has publicly stated that Bobbi Kristina's brain damage is "irreversible" and that there is little hope for the 22-year-old's recovery, has responded to Bobby Brown's bid for guardianship, reportedly stating that she will contest him.

Bobbi Kristina Brown: Cissy Houston will fight Bobby Brown over guardianship of granddaughter's estate
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or