U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 03:06 PM

10,323 posts, read 18,668,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Feltser View Post
I'm not saying that normal families do not harm children carelessly. But here is precisely in the fact that a gay couple has no parental instincts in any case. This is horrible incident
Again, please explain all of the heterosexual parents who do far worse to their kids, and all of the many gay parents who are exemplary? Any statistician would laugh at your "data points".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2015, 03:21 PM

11,790 posts, read 12,642,608 times
I just came here to say that I don't understand how he only got 32 months.

Old 02-03-2015, 03:40 PM

2,342 posts, read 2,787,782 times
Another unfair crooked judge ! ! !

Take all of the his other children away, and never give the any other children.

Old 02-03-2015, 03:51 PM

3,720 posts, read 4,440,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
No, you are not overacting, but you are interpreting the situation somewhat incorrectly.

Many, too many; children (usually babies and toddlers) are murdered each year by the 16-29 year old heterosexual boyfriends of heterosexual young women, often teenagers. These children were left in the care of their mother's boyfriend. Who was babysitting.

Gay parenting does not appear to be a risk factor for child abuse. Nor does adoption.

The greatest single risk factor in child abuse and neglect appears to be young maternal age along with an unrelated and person living in the household or visiting and participating in child care frequently.
That unrelated person is generally the mother's boyfriend. Often the mother participates in the abuse.

Men, Gay or Straight can be fine parents, and there is no data to indicate otherwise.
I didn't say anything against this man because he is gay. I just have an opinion on unrelated males caring for children not being a good idea.

Old 02-03-2015, 03:52 PM

3,556 posts, read 2,324,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
I didn't say anything against this man because he is gay. I just have an opinion on unrelated males caring for children not being a good idea.
Ah, so you are just a sexist instead?

Old 02-03-2015, 03:58 PM

3,720 posts, read 4,440,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf39us View Post
Ah, so you are just a sexist instead?
I think men and women are different. I have an opinion that is not politically correct in this day and age but I believe I am entitled to hold it regardless. My opinion does not harm anyone as I am not advocating any negative outcome against someone for being a male. I know plenty of women who would not leave young children with an unrelated male. That is not your opinion or experience and I have no problem with that.

Old 02-03-2015, 04:39 PM

19,189 posts, read 14,074,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
They roasted a kid alive in a car, I think they aught to roast in a car as well. Did we not just see another one of these ugly cases with the guy in Atlanta last summer. Maybe we can get a mini van and put both those guys in the van while its parked in a Phoenix mall parking lot in July. Lets roast them. I get that men don't have a "maternal instinct", and yes its often men who do this but still I don't get how anyone can forget a baby in the car. The guy in Atlanta last year is believed to have done it on purpose, while this guy says it was an accident. Still its sickening.
Mercy? I followed the story since it happened about 90 miles from where we live. The killer stopped on the way home and picked up his pot and I guess the pizza. So, I guess the 5 year old, the pizza and the pot were in the front seat? I would guess he couldn't wait until he got home to start smoking?

It isn't that he forgot, he was so stoned that he didn't even think about a baby for 2 hours. A baby? Two hours? He didn't go into work or another function. He went home with his pizza and pot and let a baby bake in the car. I am guessing that the neglect was not an isolated case. Pot is illegal in KS and it appears that foster parents should be undergoing drug testing.

Not forgot! A matter of priorities and the dead baby obviously not being above pot, pizza and television shows. This was so sick.

Put him in the same situation as his victim and justice will be served.

Anyone that thinks he deserves mercy needs to read about what happens when someone bakes to death.

Old 02-03-2015, 07:11 PM

504 posts, read 479,002 times
Er, normal? As the saying goes, we don't know what's normal, only what is customary.

Old 02-03-2015, 07:37 PM

2,478 posts, read 2,017,413 times
The DHHS data shows that of children abused by one parent between 2001 and 2006, 70.6% were abused by their mothers, whereas only 29.4% were abused by their fathers.
And of children who died at the hands of one parent between 2001 and 2006, 70.8% were killed by their mothers, whereas only 29.2% were killed by their fathers.
Furthermore, contrary to media portrayals that leave the viewer with the impression that only girls are ever harmed, boys constituted fully 60% of child fatalities. (Table 4-3, p. 71, Child Maltreatment 2006, Child Maltreatment 2006 | Children's Bureau | Administration for Children and Families, reports that 675 boys died in 2006 as compared to 454 girls).

Old 02-03-2015, 07:51 PM

7 posts, read 6,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Feltser View Post
Kansas foster dad weeps in court as he is sentenced to 32 months in hot-car death of baby girl he and his partner had hoped to adopt | Daily Mail Online

'I'm not a monster,' said Seth Jackson...No ***, YOU ARE THE MONSTER! Both of you are faken monsters.

Moderator cut: hate speech
That's just wrong, leaving that child in that car to DIE! That is just wrong.

Last edited by Wildguner10; 02-03-2015 at 07:53 PM.. Reason: Typo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events