U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-04-2015, 09:58 AM
 
Location: Texas
8,119 posts, read 5,797,227 times
Reputation: 6672

Advertisements

Whoever set up that gofundme page for him could put a halt on the donations. It's over $270K? i wonder if they (his mgmt. team) plan to pay some of that money forward to others who are in need of vehicles?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-04-2015, 11:14 AM
 
7,022 posts, read 5,981,938 times
Reputation: 6980
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
You're surprised? Like employers really give a crap about their employees? Most pay the bare minimum just to keep them chugging along. I'm not surprised in the least that the employer would do nothing.
$10.55 an hour. Mr. Robertson's employer is Todd Wilson, plant manager, at Schain Mold & Engineering. Feel free to drop him an email

sales@schainmold.com

Welcome to Schain Mold.com


Or leave a review

Shain Mold & Engineering Google Reviews
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2015, 11:34 AM
 
1,385 posts, read 1,201,993 times
Reputation: 1707
In other words, one or two days work = new bicycle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2015, 11:35 AM
 
Location: Cody, WY
9,548 posts, read 10,862,035 times
Reputation: 19143
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Whoever set up that gofundme page for him could put a halt on the donations. It's over $270K? i wonder if they (his mgmt. team) plan to pay some of that money forward to others who are in need of vehicles?
The fund raiser will probably receive most of the gross proceeds. I assume that he has arranged for a CPA to take care of this to keep everything legal.

Administrative costs in charities may easily exceed 90%, but there should be ample funds to purchase an inexpensive but new car and to arrange to pay for car expenses. There needs to be some provision to prevent his selling or giving gasoline to others. Since the client is probably mildly retarded he needs supervision. It would be insane to let him see any cash.

The ''worker'' played no role in this; the promoter raised the money and has more than earned the lion's share of the proceeds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2015, 11:37 AM
 
14,047 posts, read 6,374,751 times
Reputation: 14578
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
$10.55 an hour. Mr. Robertson's employer is Todd Wilson, plant manager, at Schain Mold & Engineering. Feel free to drop him an email

sales@schainmold.com

Welcome to Schain Mold.com


Or leave a review

Shain Mold & Engineering Google Reviews
Why would I?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2015, 11:41 AM
 
1,385 posts, read 1,201,993 times
Reputation: 1707
Maybe to thank him for running a business in a city like Detroit and employing people who want to work...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Why would I?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2015, 11:52 AM
 
14,047 posts, read 6,374,751 times
Reputation: 14578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken S. View Post
Maybe to thank him for running a business in a city like Detroit and employing people who want to work...
Again, why would I do that?

I have more respect for this man that needs a job that he would overextend himself that much. That's something to be valued.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2015, 11:54 AM
 
Location: State of Transition
78,150 posts, read 70,049,185 times
Reputation: 75968
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Whoever set up that gofundme page for him could put a halt on the donations. It's over $270K? i wonder if they (his mgmt. team) plan to pay some of that money forward to others who are in need of vehicles?
I bet the guy could really use a retirement account. He could put that in an investment account. I wonder if his company requires retirement at a certain age. He's not too far away from that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2015, 11:56 AM
 
Location: State of Transition
78,150 posts, read 70,049,185 times
Reputation: 75968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
The fund raiser will probably receive most of the gross proceeds. I assume that he has arranged for a CPA to take care of this to keep everything legal.

Administrative costs in charities may easily exceed 90%, but there should be ample funds to purchase an inexpensive but new car and to arrange to pay for car expenses. There needs to be some provision to prevent his selling or giving gasoline to others. Since the client is probably mildly retarded he needs supervision. It would be insane to let him see any cash.

The ''worker'' played no role in this; the promoter raised the money and has more than earned the lion's share of the proceeds.
Why would he take the lion's share of the proceeds? That's not why he set up the account.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2015, 11:58 AM
 
1,385 posts, read 1,201,993 times
Reputation: 1707
People can't be employed unless there are people who create jobs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Again, why would I do that?

I have more respect for this man that needs a job that he would overextend himself that much. That's something to be valued.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top