U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 11:50 PM

48,519 posts, read 81,539,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I use the USPS these days for packages. I find then much easier to deal with than UPS and their prices are better too.
I hate when a package I ordeedr is sent USPS. It take twice as long and the tracking is a joke .UPS and FedEx are much better .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2015, 08:33 AM

5,883 posts, read 3,169,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I hate when a package I ordeedr is sent USPS. It take twice as long and the tracking is a joke .UPS and FedEx are much better .
The reason that UPS is in trouble is that they can not meet their time standards. That payroll for temporary help is why they lost money when fuel prices dropped. For the premium products the time is about the same for each major carrier as each subcontracts with the others for many pieces in part of the shipping process.

As far as tracking goes USPS is now in the process of updating its equipment. With live updating it is not the joke it was two years ago when scans were only updated at the end of an 8 to 12 hour shift when a scanner was physically docked
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events