U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2015, 09:03 PM

7,030 posts, read 6,666,495 times

Advertisements

Some Arab countries are dropping out of the bombing campaign against IS. They may lead to ground forces.

US helped start the civil war in Bosnia-Herzegovena by killing the peace agreement in 1992. They offered to recognize Bosnia as an independent state. I recall the IMF had tried to decree a breakup of the Yugoslav federation in exchange for a 'bailout'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peace_p...he_Bosnian_War
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2015, 01:22 AM

1,490 posts, read 1,909,749 times
God bless the Kurds, and they have every right to rebel against Turkey, a two faced country, in my opinion, who hate the Kurds and oppress them. They should have their own country, God bless the heroic Peshmerga Kurds, the only Muslims on the planet that I would gladly enjoy having as neighbors and letting into western countries....the rest, lets send them all back to the their countries of origin, ...the Kurds are welcome anywhere in the western world!!! Just my opinion and view.

Old 02-05-2015, 06:52 PM

5,303 posts, read 7,660,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modernist1 View Post
It's time for a coalition to take these throwbacks to task (the fact that the US sp***ed its wad on an unnecessary war in Iraq doesn't help - the same has been a gift to the Islamists) - the US, UK, France, Germany, Australia, Canada, and even Japan (perhaps its time to re-work that constitution).
Add in Israel, India, and possibly even Russia and China. Indian non-Muslims (especially Hindus) and the Israelis/Jews have long had conflicts with Muslim terrorists. In addition, Russians hate Islam, and the Chinese are facing Islamism from Uighur terrorists. Those two countries just might join in, especially if they want more oil.

Old 02-05-2015, 08:38 PM

1,972 posts, read 2,539,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
God bless the Kurds, and they have every right to rebel against Turkey, a two faced country, in my opinion, who hate the Kurds and oppress them. They should have their own country, God bless the heroic Peshmerga Kurds, the only Muslims on the planet that I would gladly enjoy having as neighbors and letting into western countries....the rest, lets send them all back to the their countries of origin, ...the Kurds are welcome anywhere in the western world!!! Just my opinion and view.
Turkey should never be allowed into the European Union. They support ISIS because they are killing the Kurds. The Kurds are brave enough to fight ISIS, not run away with their tails tucked between their legs. If anything, the US needs to offer more support to the Kurds by giving them proper supplies and weaponry.

Old 02-05-2015, 09:16 PM

1,972 posts, read 2,539,180 times
So sad. Moaz told his wife he felt uneasy about flying that day. RIP.

She also told of how her husband had felt uneasy on the day of his final flight, saying that he hoped there would be a fog so he wouldn't have to fly. She said: 'He had the feeling something would go wrong. It was strange, he had never said that before.'

Rania of Jordan consoles devastated wife of pilot murdered by ISIS | Daily Mail Online

Old 02-06-2015, 08:46 AM

20,900 posts, read 22,747,278 times
Quote:
Royal Jordanian Air Force pilot Lieutenant Moath Youssef al-Kasasbeh was murdered by the Islamic State. However, the video they released of Lieutenant al-Kasasbeh’s murder—freakishly titled “Healing the Believers’ Chests”—proves beyond all doubt that he was not burned alive. The flames are computer-generated imagery (CGI).
http://www.thomaswictor.com/the-jord...-burned-alive/

Old 02-06-2015, 10:06 AM

3,489 posts, read 5,570,175 times
Ted Rall Editorial Cartoon, February 06, 2015 on GoComics.com

Old 03-02-2015, 10:32 AM

Jordanian pilot burned alive video debunked

The Jordanian pilot was not burned alive - Thomas Wictor

Old 03-02-2015, 11:07 AM

7,819 posts, read 5,379,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
Jordanian pilot burned alive video debunked

The Jordanian pilot was not burned alive - Thomas Wictor

Why would IS go through all of this instead of simply burning him alive?

Old 03-02-2015, 11:22 AM

His theory was that he needed to be controlled in order for the burning to play out according to the script. I believe he later showed the bars were made of aluminum and could be easily damaged. Every IS and Boko Haram video and photograph seems to be going up against skepticism as previous ones have been found to be faked. My favorite is the Mt. Simjar siege where ISIS was claimed to have surrounded 80,000 Yazidis and the photos showed several hundred locals lined single file down the mountain in an attempt to make them appear more numerous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events