Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 07:47 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,234,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlsch View Post
…...actually more than 30 years.

One of the most horrendous war crimes in history was Gen. Curtis LeMay's firebombing of Japan, starting with Tokyo and continuing in city after city. He didn't think strategic bombing was getting the job done fast enough.

Hundreds of thousands (at least 500,000, possibly as many as a million) of non-combatants, children, women and old men were burned to death. In LeMay's own words: "scorched and boiled and baked to death."

Other LeMay quotes on the subject: “Killing Japanese didn't bother me very much at that time... I suppose if I had lost the war, I would have been tried as a war criminal.... it doesn't bother me so much to be killing the so-called innocent bystanders.”

WOW...that's almost as many as 6 million Jews!!!! And the fire bombing of the Citizens of England!!! You liberals make me sick!!!!!

ISIS is looking for new members, I'm sure they will be glad to sign you up!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2015, 08:33 PM

240 posts, read 239,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
BBC News - Jordan pilot hostage Moaz al-Kasasbeh 'burned alive'

guess that's why they didn't offer him up for their incompetent suicide bomber
The timing is irrelavant now, I only hope that part of the world gets outraged

Old 02-03-2015, 09:19 PM

19,201 posts, read 16,675,444 times
And Jordan executes two Al Qaida members in retaliation for it.

Jordan executes two prisoners in retaliation for pilot's death - Chicago Tribune

Old 02-03-2015, 09:41 PM

1,385 posts, read 1,522,788 times
Jordanian military "vows revenge"... and how do they plan to do this? Some estimates put ISIS at 200k and growing. Jordan's entire military is 110k.

Old 02-03-2015, 09:47 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,562,088 times
The timing is relevant. Jordan knew the pilot was dead. That means other governments with a dog in this ISIS hunt knew the swap scheme was bogus. The whole thing was a PR move.

Old 02-03-2015, 09:47 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,886,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post
I agree that we should make a distinction between real Muslims and ISIS.

There is another thing, using the term terrorist, Bush started it and now every one is a terrorist... We should be thinking more in terms of "enemy combatant". POWs. NO ? Even listening to some people on this forum you would think that "All Muslims are terrorist"

The whole Middle East is in conflict, then there is the civil war in Ukraine. Since I am fluent in Russian I started out observing all news, US, Ukrainian and Russian. None tell the truth as far as I could tell, so I don't know. If you listen to CNN then Putin is sending insurgents into Ukraine that why Ukrainian army is bombing their own cities killing Ukrainian civilians in a region that wanted to brake away from Ukraine a few month back. Why is Putin is sending insurgents into Ukraine is not clear. Why Ukrainian army is fighting em is unclear either since, Russian citizens and Ukrainian citizens can cross the border easier then US citizens going to Canada.

With ISIS we should cut their money and their weapons while targeting em with drones or any low other cost solution.
I have been reading that they are like 30k people strong. There is a reason they are in Iraq, thanks Bush.

We should take ISIS seriously, it seems like it's only a matter of time before those crazies do some major mischief to either us or our allies.

I think we should look for a way to deal with ISIS without sacrificing American life in the Middle East.

Another thought on the Middle East, we should look for a solution for peace. We should create a plan and the means of achieve it. I mean the whole idea of peace in the middle east by having US Marines patrol the roads for ever does not work. US using our own OIL and not having to buy from there is a good start.
Between "real muslims" and ISIS?

The caliphate and jihad is not anything new for about 1500 years now. And it is a Muslim caliphate.

The Muslim Brotherhood has now called for “a long, uncompromising jihad” on the Egyptian government. I'm pretty sure they're "real Muslims". Especially considering OUR GOVERNMENT Brotherhood apologists backed them.

Quote:
“It is incumbent upon everyone to be aware that we are in the process of a new phase, where we summon what is latent in our strength, where we recall the meanings of jihad and prepare ourselves, our wives, our sons, our daughters, and whoever marched on our path to a long, uncompromising jihad, and during this stage we ask for martyrdom,”

The statement also invokes the well-known Muslim cleric Imam al-Bana, who founded the Brotherhood and has called for the death of Jews.
Open Jihad Declared in Egypt Following State Dept. Meeting with Muslim Brotherhood-Aligned Leaders | Washington Free Beacon

Old 02-03-2015, 10:06 PM

14,928 posts, read 12,126,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maila View Post
Did IS ever had any intentions to release their prisoners even after their demands were met?
Reportedly they killed the pilot around the beginning of January, before they demanded that Syria negotiate with them about releasing the ISIS hostages they were holding, in trade with the pilot. That's why Syria demanded proof that he was still alive before they began any negotiations. They know who they are dealing with.

Old 02-03-2015, 10:19 PM

2,078 posts, read 1,027,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlsch View Post
…...actually more than 30 years.

One of the most horrendous war crimes in history was Gen. Curtis LeMay's firebombing of Japan, starting with Tokyo and continuing in city after city. He didn't think strategic bombing was getting the job done fast enough.

Hundreds of thousands (at least 500,000, possibly as many as a million) of non-combatants, children, women and old men were burned to death. In LeMay's own words: "scorched and boiled and baked to death."

Other LeMay quotes on the subject: “Killing Japanese didn't bother me very much at that time... I suppose if I had lost the war, I would have been tried as a war criminal.... it doesn't bother me so much to be killing the so-called innocent bystanders.”

unfortunately that's how you win wars. This new style war we have been trying where you only go after the bad guys doesn't work because the bad guys hide as innocents.

Old 02-03-2015, 11:52 PM

2,416 posts, read 2,021,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Saying it is real easy. Doing it is not easy at all.

I share your frustration, but I hope any coalition won't make moves before there is a wise, patient, and coherent plan to defeat ISIS. If a plan lacks any of those vitals, any coalition attack will only create a 7-heded Hydra, a monster much worse.

You can bet any group that seizes someone's territory against their will has to have a lot of weaknesses. Our present problem is our ignorance of what those weaknesses are and how to best exploit them for our purposes.
I concur, I'm not suggesting it's easy, but inaction or fence sitting won't do it. If it's takes time to put a coherent plan into place - the sooner that it's initiated the better.
On a tangent, so-called IS - or Daesh are enamored with social media. It's well past time to ramp up the propaganda, they should be reminded that every time they use infidel technology - they lose. There's not much glamor to be had in riding the devil's coattails. Maybe next time they make an announcement they can try shouting from the highest hill.

Old 02-04-2015, 12:12 AM

2,919 posts, read 3,185,086 times
I think the best solution is to deport every single one of them back to the middle east. So they can sort their own issues out, away from the west. Now I would only open the doors of western countries, only to one group of Muslims, and that would be the brave and heroic Kurds!!!!!. Just my opinion and view on the matter. Lastly, Vlad the Impaler knew how to deal with the more violent type of Muslims, he put the fear of God in them, imo. God bless Vlad the Impaler, he was a great great man in my opinion.

Last edited by folkguitarist555; 02-04-2015 at 01:00 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events