Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2015, 08:55 AM

78,331 posts, read 60,527,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
The ads mention it's in honor of Valentines Day so maybe after Feb 14 we will hear the last of it. It's pretty silly though. For reasons mentioned I can't imagine they are going to ask random people to call their mothers. One look at me, I'm a senior citizen and people would assume that my mother wouldn't be around. If she were she would be 103. It's possible but not likely. Younger people may not have mothers still with them such as the above poster mentions.

These were the first things I thought of when I saw the first commercial when they showed people being asked to call their mothers. Of course the commercial was edited so those were the only shots they showed. If anyone turned them down we didn't see it; just people calling their moms and getting all gooey over it.

I wonder if seeing those commercials and not wanting to be a part of them is keeping anyone away from McDonald's for fear they might be embarrassed or they just want to avoid the whole silliness.
I kinda hope they ask me because although my mother is alive and is a complete joy.....I'm going to tell them that she can't take calls anymore because she stabbed her new cellmate.

If they ask for a hug, I'll be like...ok but I'm just getting over the measles....just as I hug them.

I'm lovin' it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2015, 09:34 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I agree. Horrible fast food. The lowest of the low. And they will stoop to anything.

Chicken Mc Nuggets are made out of male chicks that are ground alive and the meat, if you can call it that, is held together with pink slime.

They are not "All American" or "family oriented".
Amen. When I think of how many of that disgusting crap my little boy ate . . . . of course now he's grown and won't touch it with a 10 foot pole, like most of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelinLow View Post
Those who ''don't eat fast food'' also ''don't own a TV''.
Yeah, right.
I own a bunch of televisions! But you could not pay me to eat at McDonalds. Ugh.

I just feel sorry for the workers there that have to pretend they are all in board with this 'burger for a hug' crap. How absolutely awkward for everyone. It's a really bad way to sell really bad hamburgers, IMO.

Old 02-07-2015, 02:17 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,991,168 times
McD's recent ad campaigns (especially that 'pay for your meal with a hug or selfie' stupidity) reek of desperation. It doesn't matter how hard they try to brainwash us into believing that their chemically-enhanced Frankenfood food is fresh, customers, especially the millennial generation, have abandoned them.

Chipotle founder calls McDonald's chicken farm 'The most disgusting thing I've ever seen'

McD's also wants to dump the money-sucking dollar menu but the working-class poor and minority customers they've hyper-marketed to for years are dependent on it. If they drop it they'll lose that reliable customer base as well.

McD's is in BIG trouble. Couldn't happen to a better corporation.

Old 02-07-2015, 07:12 PM

78,331 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
McD's is in BIG trouble. Couldn't happen to a better corporation.
Probably, depends how they do globally and perhaps they will put out better food. They have a hugely known brand but then again, so does FORD and if they started selling healthy sandwiches....lol....might not work.

Old 02-08-2015, 07:05 AM

807 posts, read 1,032,468 times
Nothing but a PR stunt. Anything to get the public's attention away from their disgusting food.

Old 02-08-2015, 08:52 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Here's what you said....

You are specifically saying to increase the price of a private companies product which....can only be done via legislation like adding a "sin tax" to it.
No one had any problem doing that exact same thing to smokers. I do look for a fat tax in the coming years.

Old 02-08-2015, 01:53 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,011,327 times
McDonald's Hugs For Food ??

Doesn't bother me at all, because it is not dehumanizing, it's the opposite of dehumanizing.

There's a guy here who will set his hair on fire for food or money or cigarettes. His scalp is covered with burn scars now. There are others who will let other people punch them in the stomach or kick them in the groin in exchange for food, money or cigarettes. Some of them have been hospitalized. Now how desperate is that, I ask you? And believe it or not, there are many, many jerks and bullies who actually think it's funny and follow through on it and victimize those poor people.

Now THAT is dehumanizing. It's worse than dehumanizing. So don't complain about people giving hugs or making phone calls to their mother in exchange for food, that is just chump stuff and it doesn't hurt anyone.

Old 02-08-2015, 02:35 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,133,491 times
I wouldn't call my mother (if she can even be called that) for endless free meals at a 3 Michelin star restaurant. I'm 24, cut her off at 17, and it's one of the best decisions I've made for my life. That will never change.

I'll call my dad or any other relative though. *shrug*

Not that it matters, as I can't even be near a McDonald's entrance without nearly retching. It smells like chemically-embalmed death.

Alas, McD's has enough money that they can do this nonsense program.

Last edited by ohhwanderlust; 02-08-2015 at 02:46 PM..

Old 02-18-2015, 01:18 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,991,168 times

McDonald's 'Pay with Lovin" ads not making people love McDonald's - CSMonitor.com
McDonald’s 'Pay With Lovin’ campaign launched during the Super Bowl got people talking, but not necessarily positively about McDonald's, according to a recent survey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events