Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2015, 02:46 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,093,602 times

Advertisements

I'm really shocked at how callous a lot of posters are to the fact that this guy can has been maimed in what is quite possibly the worst way for a male to be maimed. Members of the armed forces who were hit by IEDs during the wars in the Middle East have often been known to tell fellow soldiers to let them die if they've lost their genitals. Yet, because of one video this girl gets off scot free for what she did? If this were your son, I really don't think you'd be glad that he can't give you grandchildren.

Yes, he's skeezy for dating someone with that kind of age difference & level of maturity, let alone secretly taping it and then putting it on the net. (I don't buy for one second that he doesn't know how it got there, last I checked videos don't upload themselves...) However, skeezy doesn't warrant sterilization any more than stupidity does. Yeah, I'm calling her stupid if she honestly didn't intend to permanently damage him while pouring hydrochloric acid on his person. I'm pretty sure most 17 year olds, regardless of country take Chemistry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogead View Post

This isn't about gender politics. This story has two people who engaged in terrible behavior. However, to suggest that the acts of these two are somehow equatable, yet alone to outright ignore the actions of the one who inflicted serious bodily injury on the other, is detestable.
This is a far more eloquent way of putting what I'm thinking to digital ink than I could muster given how flummoxed I am at some of these comments. I'd go so far as to suggest that the majority of the posters who are as callous about the guy's injuries are women. In which case, it calls into question the idea that they are "the fairer sex."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2015, 04:30 PM

35,690 posts, read 21,045,148 times
nobody is really applauding the girl on the contrary- she will serve her penalty- but let's face it- the women are the ones they beat and abused in this world 90% of the time- I am a mom of 3 men and I would hate for this to happen to any of them but he has NO excuse-DOES the penalty fit the crime- No not to me.

FACTS: In some countries SHE'D be beheaded for shaming her family- they are not under our laws and I don't know if the females there are just as mistreated- some countries they cut off their breast and slash they faces- we cannot compare our civility to theirs- different rules. so not calling it with out further facts-

Old 02-05-2015, 04:37 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,388,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
And she'll probably never get another date in her life, except maybe with her bunkie in the women's prison.
Didn't Lorena Bobbit get remarried?

Old 02-05-2015, 05:04 PM

2,916 posts, read 2,999,675 times
Let's see....

A 17 year old boy has consensual sex with a 25-year old woman. She tapes them having sex without his knowledge and releases the video online. The boy comes back and pours acid all over her vagina.

I suspect she'd get way more sympathy than Humphrey is here...yikes.

Old 02-05-2015, 05:16 PM

11,655 posts, read 12,950,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
To all the "karma" folks...reverse the genders. She releases a video without telling him so he floods her vag with acid.
My thoughts exactly.

I'm sure they will be hypocrites on this manner.

Old 02-05-2015, 05:31 PM

1,001 posts, read 1,095,568 times
Let's be real here. She's never getting a respectable job in her life. The minute that video hit the web, she was ruined. Who is going to hire her? Even Mcdonald's has higher standards. He ruined her, she took revenge. meh, trash acting like trash. what's new?

I really don't see why most women need to get involved with any guy. Most are scum like this one.

Old 02-05-2015, 05:56 PM

5,790 posts, read 5,104,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
I found this humorous at first glance, until I read the that the damage was permanent. The guy said he didn't know how the video got on the internet, which I think is BS. But even if he did make it public, he really didn't deserve what happened to him. Evidently his young girlfriend was ignorant about the effects of the type of acid she used, as she "didn't intend to kill his penis". Whether he thinks she deserves it or not, the girl should face some charges for this. If for no other reason than sheer stupidity.
Yeah...and I have a pink cow to sell you for 4 million bucks! Why shouldn't he deserve it? Too many men are spoiled and indulgent with their weenies. One less is one better for the world. He does not deserve to use it again for his stupidity.

Old 02-05-2015, 05:58 PM

5,790 posts, read 5,104,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theropod View Post
My thoughts exactly.

I'm sure they will be hypocrites on this manner.
Fine with me if that's the case. Really, stupid people have no business having sex.

Old 02-05-2015, 05:59 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,288,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augiec;38322008[B
]I'm really shocked at how callous a lot of posters are to the fact that this guy can has been maimed in what is quite possibly the worst way for a male to be maimed[/b].
The effects of having something like that posted on social media can have dire results. A few years ago, a girl who was a couple of years younger, was sexually assaulted. When she found out that it was posted on social media, she was mortified. She left school, then a week later killed herself. That type of humiliation can permanently damage the girl. Both made a mistake, unfortunately for him, the mistake she made, cost him a lot more. He is 25, and she is 17 which is a huge difference in maturity levels.....

Old 02-05-2015, 08:31 PM

1,275 posts, read 1,932,286 times
Stupid kids. A 25 year old guy and a 17 year old girl are practically equals when it comes to maturity levels. Their ages aren't relevant, in my opinion. Fact is--both of them are stupid as fence posts---and, unfortunately products of their societal enviroments. The guy is an a$$h0le of the highest order for posting the video. The girl went out-of-control psycho when she found out. She was mortified that she's been immortalized in a sex vid for all the world to see for eternity (in her mind anyway). Mind you, it's probably been bootleg-copied many times over already--so, yeah--it's here to stay. Her extremely stupid/psycho act was a crime of passion. For pete's sake, a 17 year old girl can be embarrassed by having a pimple on her chin---can you imagine the outright shame and wanting to die of embarrassment about the sex video? It would be good if both of these cretins were locked up---never to reproduce (well...not that he has a choice now anyway). They are equally disgusting, immature brats as far as I am concerned.

Not to excuse in any way what he or she has done, but if people weren't so goll-dang ashamed of their own naked bodies, and if people could truly see that sex is an intimate, private act (not for voyeuristic public entertainment), then there wouldn't be such a stigma about all this jazz. Society is also to blame for what happened in these two kids' case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events