Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2015, 02:37 PM

21,097 posts, read 19,699,244 times

Advertisements

Of all the battles to fight...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2015, 02:51 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,093,299 times
Lol, I didn't open the link, but I'd wager $20 that it's a republican... /smh

Old 02-04-2015, 02:52 PM

2,573 posts, read 3,501,834 times
Me - I would not go to such restaurants who post a sign "my employees do not wash their hands after taking $hit". I find it impossible to believe that wahing hands is such a big deal that a senator has to think about it.

Old 02-04-2015, 03:03 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,170,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SexxiBoi83 View Post
I gave up many years ago trying to delude myself into thinking all food employees are decent people who actually care about personal hygiene and sterile food preparation.

Reality says they usually never wash hands after taking a dump or draining the bladder, and all those bodily secretions end up in our food. It's all organic substances anyway, so no biggie. I do worry about STD's and other nasty bacteria getting in my grub. Who wants to eat a burger infested with herpes?

I heard most food manufacturers readily admit that their products contain rat meat, spiders, cockroaches, snakes, etc? It's impossible to keep those critters out of most food processing facilities.

Yeah, I'm never eating anything, anywhere ever again.

I'm mean, if you're going to contract an STD, at least get it the fun...never mind.

Old 02-04-2015, 05:19 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,624,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
Actually, if you think about it, posting a sign that 'we don't follow the hand-washing rule' would be better. At least you would know up front that they aren't doing it. The way it is now (with the rule requiring it in place) you have no way to know if the business is actually following the rule or not. And I suspect many aren't.
That's part of the plan, according to the article.

Quote:
Such restaurants would have to prominently disclose their decision, and then would probably would go out of business, said newly elected GOP Sen. Thom Tillis of North Carolina. But they should have that choice, he said.

Tillis raised the issue when speaking Monday to the Bipartisan Policy Center in Washington. Restaurant chains such as Starbucks should be able to skip obligatory hand-washing by workers, he said, "as long as they post a sign" and take other steps to alert the public.
So what the hell is his point? What a moron. He wants to cut down on federal regulation of private business by replacing one regulation with another. "Senator Tillis, the people of North Carolina are on the phone. They say they all want their votes back."

Last edited by Mr. In-Between; 02-04-2015 at 06:42 PM..

Old 02-04-2015, 05:59 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,954,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
What makes anyone think those employees are washing their hands after going to the restroom. How many people have you seen walk out of a stall and head right to the door? Why would food workers be any different. If you think they all do it then your living in a fantasy land. That is why so many people get food poisoning, from e-coli contaminated workers preparing your food. Dirty hands may have fecal matter on them, if they touch food then so does your food. Ingested fecal matter could get you a few days on the commode. Employees also cut their hands, or have sores on them exposing you to blood born disease. I once saw a fast food worker tell her boss that she could work today because the puss was "yellow instead of green". The manager said ok and she went back to making food. She said this in front of a line of customers. I walked out and have never been back to that place. There is nothing clean or sanitary about restaurants or even grocery stores. The only food you know is safe is the deer you shot in the woods, or the veggies you grew yourself. Any food you get from the store or a restaurant is only clean if nasty people have not come into contact with it. Bon appetite!
Exactly. The employees who wash their hands now will continue washing their hands, and the employees who don't wash their hands will continue not washing their hands. The presence of a sign has no effect either way.

Old 02-04-2015, 06:37 PM
eok

6,684 posts, read 4,248,190 times
If we require them to wear gloves, we can see the gloves. If we require them to wash their hands, and they don't, we can see the poop on their hands. Same difference, right?

And why would the restaurant be required to post a sign that they don't require their employees to wash their hands? Because of a regulation? How can deregulators assume regulations as if they were a given?

I still remember the first restroom sign I saw the first time I went to California, ages ago: Common decency and state law require that you wash your hands, lave sus manos, before returning to work.

Last edited by eok; 02-04-2015 at 06:57 PM..

Old 02-04-2015, 07:12 PM

983 posts, read 994,713 times
What this bozo senator doesn't realize is that there are regulations that have a good purpose. Yeah, sometimes I think some regulations go to far, or they're nitpicky, but public health is entirely different manner.
Mandating hand washing probably did wonders to curb infectious illness. (Don't have proof or links, just saying it sounds reasonable.)

Old 02-04-2015, 07:26 PM

240 posts, read 252,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_1976 View Post
Me - I would not go to such restaurants who post a sign "my employees do not wash their hands after taking $hit". I find it impossible to believe that wahing hands is such a big deal that a senator has to think about it.
Trust me, he thought it though. YOU did not! LMAO!!!!! Go back and read it again, except this time, think.
Reading all the knee-jerk responses is hysterical.

Old 02-04-2015, 09:04 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,559,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
That's part of the plan, according to the article.

So what the hell is his point? What a moron. He wants to cut down on federal regulation of private business by replacing one regulation with another. "Senator Tillis, the people of North Carolina are on the phone. They say they all want their votes back."
The point is simple: a one time purchase of the sign as opposed to the profit crippling, life long expense of soap and water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events