Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2015, 03:02 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,513,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
The Chicago Tribune reports that the guy refused medical treatment after he was shot. He had internal bleeding that needed repaired, but he refused.
Well if hen dint get shot with five bean rounds he probably wouldn't of had any internal bleeding
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2015, 03:22 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,807,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Well if hen dint get shot with five bean rounds he probably wouldn't of had any internal bleeding
If he did not have a knife, he would have not gotten shot.

Old 02-05-2015, 04:11 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,203,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzzzz View Post
At least he got to go out like a true gangster. Maybe it was his plan all along.
Like Gran Torino? I doubt it. While the dude may not have not acted in the best way with the knife or whatever, the cops didn't need to use excessive force to kill him. Ridiculous.

Old 02-05-2015, 05:17 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,421,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
From the article:

So, the old duffer clutched a filet knife. A problem, certainly. But, a minor one, given that... the guy was ninety-freakin'-five years old!

And, yes, it's really confusing - shoehorn... machete...

Nothing more needs to be said.

But I have no doubt the authority leg-humpers will be along shortly to run interference for this miscreant of an LEO.
I wonder how many of these violent police officers are ex-military.

Old 02-05-2015, 06:04 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,818,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzzzz View Post
wouldn't be surprising but the website the story is on looks pretty questionable
It's certainly not written in an unbiased manner, that's for sure. But the OP obviously doesn't care about truth, given the inflammatory thread title in which s/he asserts a falsehood.

Forcing medical treatment on a citizen is an entirely different issue, and one that the OP appears quick to dismiss.

Old 02-05-2015, 07:51 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,085,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geos View Post
Yawn... more anti police garbage by a left wing blogger... full of inaccurate or total fabrications .... then story picked up by the op as truth... and matching his agenda...

Get a life already.. want to positively change the world come on down.... opps... criminal background... drug history.. psycho... can't pass a background ...yea... just a wee little problem

Old 02-05-2015, 08:25 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,818,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Yawn... more anti police garbage by a left wing blogger... full of inaccurate or total fabrications .... then story picked up by the op as truth... and matching his agenda...

Get a life already.. want to positively change the world come on down.... opps... criminal background... drug history.. psycho... can't pass a background ...yea... just a wee little problem

Exactly.

And..um....to my anonymous admirer: the OP did not title the thread correctly. The cop wasn't even charged with murder. In addition, a law dictionary might be helpful.

*Sigh*

Old 02-05-2015, 08:56 PM

1,942 posts, read 4,569,209 times
I have relatives who are bootlickers and I post articles like this on FB. They do not respond. I keep agitating. We have a real police state. I am also anti war. Very much anti war.

Old 02-06-2015, 01:26 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,925,399 times
Incidents like these make me wish, as a childless person, that euthanasia is legal in my country by the time I hit 70-80. I don't want to grow old at the mercy of uncaring strangers who would call police because I refuse medical treatment.

Old 02-06-2015, 03:27 AM

8,869 posts, read 16,313,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
It's certainly not written in an unbiased manner, that's for sure. But the OP obviously doesn't care about truth, given the inflammatory thread title in which s/he asserts a falsehood ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
If you can't accept the story from a "left-wing blogger," perhaps you'd rather read it in The Blaze, which would be Glenn Beck's website. Seems like he's telling the same story.

Beck also reports this incident was "ruled as a homicide by the medical examiner" given the victim "died from being shot in the stomach." The elderly war hero was agitated, which is not uncommon among elders living in senior facilities, but after police arrived they refused to allow Pathway Senior Living's personnel from trying to talk to Mr. Wrana, who even required assistance to walk.

95-Year-Old Vet Dead After Resisting Medical Treatment, Tased and Shot With Bean Bags by Cops | Video | TheBlaze.com

Now, do you still think this story is a suspect liberal conspiracy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events