U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 03:01 AM

277 posts, read 233,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakscsd View Post

You too are correct about being called out. But I disagree after that. I believe that at some point between 2003 and now he realized that he had made a mistake. What was done was done, and since I don't believe he had any ill intent when he said it, it has only minimal effect on his credibility. .
He repeated the lie over and over again, most recently on Letterman in 2013. Ten years later...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2015, 03:11 AM

45,083 posts, read 17,914,816 times
Sounds as if he repeated a lot of other lies. I suppose when you are paid million$ to lie for the corporate status quo, for the DNC, for War, for Obama, for Hillary, for banksters, for Wall Street, it becomes difficult to separate that from lies they will hold you accountable for. i.e. being a hero.

The best thing to come out of this is the exposure the big lie and hypocracy of the MSM "news" in the USA. There is no such thing anymore.

Last edited by WaldoKitty; 02-17-2015 at 03:21 AM..

Old 02-17-2015, 04:30 AM

3,721 posts, read 3,918,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
He makes a lot of money. So I think they could hire 10 more people who are qualified, hardworking and honest with the salary they paid the liar. That would be good. They might even find someone who will be a great journalist for the next generation.

Hopefully they get rid of him...he can go into politics where his lying might be accepted...and the station can hire some actual real journalists who value the truth.

I agree.

Old 04-07-2015, 02:40 PM

11,182 posts, read 10,204,616 times
Now I've heard everything. Brian Williams told CBS execs his excuse for lying is that he may have had a brain tumor. I still think it's better to keep one's mouth shut and let people just think you're a fool than to open it and remove all their doubt.

Report: Brian Williams Told NBC Execs ‘Maybe I Had A Brain Tumor’ CBS DC

Old 04-07-2015, 02:47 PM

12,170 posts, read 10,349,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Now I've heard everything. Brian Williams told CBS execs his excuse for lying is that he may have had a brain tumor. I still think it's better to keep one's mouth shut and let people just think you're a fool than to open it and remove all their doubt.

He would be much better off just saying he lied to make himself a hero/appear brave etc...

Old 04-07-2015, 03:12 PM

7,281 posts, read 8,871,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
He would be much better off just saying he lied to make himself a hero/appear brave etc...
Quote:

This comes under never saying things like that because they might happen.

He is toast.

Maybe he could change his name:

Brained Williams.

Old 04-07-2015, 04:03 PM

8,453 posts, read 5,813,266 times
"Maybe I had a brain tumor". Seriously?

He had one, and now he doesn't? They don't normally go away on their own, and if he did have one there wouldn't have been any 'maybe' about it.
When this came out I was thinking that he just used poor judgment trying to embellish his career. But with this newest explanation/excuse, I'm beginning to question his mental state. He's certainly no good at damage control.

Old 04-07-2015, 05:10 PM

I agree. He should have just said nothing and let the furor die down. People are pretty forgiving after a while but now he's just making himself look like a fool. Sad because I really liked Brian. I still do. I just feel sorry for him now and that's not a good opinion to have of a major news journalist.

Old 04-08-2015, 11:45 AM

9,151 posts, read 7,211,418 times
Quote:
I agree. He should have just said nothing and let the furor die down. People are pretty forgiving after a while but now he's just making himself look like a fool. Sad because I really liked Brian. I still do. I just feel sorry for him now and that's not a good opinion to have of a major news journalist.
I still like him to and agree with your assessment.

If he wants to try comedy, I'll tune in to see him.

Old 04-08-2015, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
I still like him to and agree with your assessment.

If he wants to try comedy, I'll tune in to see him.
He is pretty funny. I read somewhere that he asked David Letterman to suggest him as a replacement. This happened long before his current fiasco. He might have made a good host for that show. Viewers are very forgiving. Maybe someday he'll be back on television.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events