Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2015, 05:50 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,952,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
Classic fish tale. Nothing for anyone to wring their hands over. The older I get the more I misremember things.
You would not misremember being shot at, the helicopter you were riding in getting hit and being forced to land because of those hits.

If you would misremember such events, it would be a good time to see a doctor and get treatment to help stave off worse to come.

No worries, surely there are fact finders scouring other stories he's told over the years, there is blood in the water.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2015, 05:57 PM

11,369 posts, read 9,284,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
Ummm, MSNBC, CNN, Huffington Post, etc are all reporting this. Get out of your bubble. There is no "liberal media" conspiring to cover this up, ya nut.
As for the actual lie, who actually cares? He lied about an irrelevant thing for the purpose of self-aggrandizing. Could we please stop throwing fake outrage tantrums in the name of "the troops"? I'm a veteran and I really don't care. We would much rather you get outraged over the struggles so many vets face after coming home from Iraq and Afghanistan.
Correct. Whenever I see that term I just think FAUX News has another brainwashed...

Old 02-05-2015, 06:00 PM

The right thing for him to do is disappear and go into hiding.

He should be embarrassed and ashamed of himself.

Old 02-05-2015, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peester View Post
I spent 3 years in the army, one in Viet Nam. I then worked in hospitals for 30 years.
I'm done with NBC. And I've been watching NBC since Walter Cronkite was reporting.
I'm done with Brian Williams and Dr. Nancy. I won't watch NBC news again until they're
both gone. The problem I have now is: Where do I get my news? I can't watch Fox.
O'reilly is a horses ass and Hannity is a knucklehead. And I can't watch Megyn Kelly until
she gets rid of those K-Mart extension that she stuck on her head. I guess I'm reduced to
watching ESPN and the weather channel. I don't know where I'm going to get my
hourly Kardashian update. Help!
Turn off the TV and read various sources. There is a wealth of information out there. Put the news together yourself is my suggestion. That is what I do.

Old 02-05-2015, 06:51 PM

1,385 posts, read 1,524,027 times
By saying "fudging the facts" I do mean lying.

I'm quite certain that people who experience combat eventually begin alter the facts. This is why so often the accounts of great battles usually contain numerous conflicting recollections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
There is a difference between fudging the facts and lying about them. Ask anyone who has ever been under fire and see if they forgot being so?
There was an interesting discussion on the news about implanted false memories and the general nature in which memory works. It's quite common what happened to him. One example that was given was Hillary Clinton claiming that was under sniper fire in Bosnia. Another example would be Simon Wiesenthal, according to a recent biographer. I think people are totally over-reacting to this.

Quote:
One lie after another. Now he's covering it up with justifications about honoring others. Just how many times has he done this? I doubt it is a single incident. Liars rarely lie just once.

Old 02-05-2015, 07:00 PM

1,385 posts, read 1,524,027 times
Yes, in fact people do "misremember" combat experiences all the time. Trust me, if all combat experiences were seared into memories with 100% accuracy and recall, our understanding of every war would be much more comprehensive, and considerably different.

Quote:
You would not misremember being shot at, the helicopter you were riding in getting hit and being forced to land because of those hits.

If you would misremember such events, it would be a good time to see a doctor and get treatment to help stave off worse to come.

No worries, surely there are fact finders scouring other stories he's told over the years, there is blood in the water.

Old 02-05-2015, 07:31 PM

1,653 posts, read 2,308,106 times
It's disgusting, Williams has been perpetrating this lie for years and he finally got caught. He should be fired. I liked Brian Williams very much but this incident makes me question everything else he has reported over the years. I also recall Hillary Clinton telling her tale of being caught under fire and that turned out to be false and nothing ever happened to her as far as lost credibility so why Should Brian Williams thing he is going to lose credibility as well or his job.

Old 02-05-2015, 08:20 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,952,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
Correct. Whenever I see that term I just think FAUX News has another brainwashed...
FAUX news is what Brian Williams reported, not once, but several times. He has so many lies going on he can't keep them straight. This isn't about anything but William's big lie.

He must have went to the Dan Rather school of news making.

Old 02-06-2015, 04:17 AM

3,762 posts, read 5,423,774 times
Quote:

Think again. lol The brain is a mysterious thing.

Old 02-06-2015, 05:52 AM

43,663 posts, read 44,393,687 times
I remember hearing him say that and I was quite surprised as I had never heard this before. So it isn't surprising to learn that it was all a lie and this behavior is unacceptable of a person particularly in his position.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events