U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 02-11-2015, 11:47 AM
 
Location: Georgia, USA
21,491 posts, read 26,089,700 times
Reputation: 26446

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
Why would I use that? I didn't want to. I think it's rude to lump everyone one into one post and answer that way, like a list. Wow, you are a bit controlling. Feel free to use cd how you'd like and I will use the features I'd like.

Could you please clarify what you do because people on here are referring to you as a medical professional because you work in a doctors office. Please.
Because when you embed your comments inside a previous post it makes it very difficult to respond to them. Multiquote is here for that very reason. It is easier than embedding and using colors. Some colors are also hard to read.

I am my husband's part time office manager. I have an educational background that includes real courses in human physiology, including immunology, not junk taught by the likes of Melody Torcolacci.

 
Old 02-11-2015, 12:06 PM
 
5,644 posts, read 3,194,565 times
Reputation: 6627
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Because when you embed your comments inside a previous post it makes it very difficult to respond to them. Multiquote is here for that very reason. It is easier than embedding and using colors. Some colors are also hard to read.

I am my husband's part time office manager. I have an educational background that includes real courses in human physiology, including immunology, not junk taught by the likes of Melody Torcolacci.
Husband is a doctor? Ah, yes, that makes sense. Doctor will not make money with no patients, or REPEAT patients. Like any industry. Repeat customers.
 
Old 02-11-2015, 12:22 PM
 
5,644 posts, read 3,194,565 times
Reputation: 6627
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
One point I have consistently and repeatedly made in these discussions about vaccination is that neither the Constitution nor anything else guarantees you the right to have a life totally unimpeded by government or the state. What the Constitution is about is trying to strike a balance between individual rights and the police power of the state to act to protect the health, welfare, and safety of its citizens. In our system, the Supreme Court is the ultimate arbiter of the Constitution and to bring this discussion back on point, the Court has ruled that state governments can mandate vaccination and they can refuse to grant exceptions to that mandate.

You may think it stands for something else, but you'd be wrong.

The real issues here are simple: 1. Vaccination prevents disease; and 2. Vaccination works best to prevent infectious disease when large percentages of the population are vaccinated.

The reason the courts are willing to let state governments impose vaccination requirements is because of a simple balancing calculus. If vaccination is an infringement on individual liberty than it is the most minor infringement possible to accomplish the purpose of preventing the spread of infectious disease. A quarantine of those infected (or possibly infected) is a much greater deprivation of liberty. Making your child get a vaccination that has a one in a million chance of causing harm to your child is a more rational solution than allowing children to spread a disease that may kill 1 out of a 1000 people who contract it and force 50 others into a hospital for treatment.

You can talk about personal freedom all you want too. That freedom has to be balanced in our system against the freedom other people have to be protected against your spreading infectious disease.

Its really pretty simple.
The "dirty, sick" people (not saying who) spreading "disease" were rounded up in a certain time period in "quarantine camps" to protect the good, strong, healthy people of a certain "race".

That concept has been done before. Certain "Codes" came into effect after that. This is what some of you want today.

Some even take this a step further, even for non contagious diseases. If you are not tested for colon cancer, you will get colon cancer. Then you will have to be treated and that will make MY insurance rates go up. All of your illnesses will cost ME money. You SELFISH behavior is costing me money/sickness. Say again who exactly are the "ME'S" of society?

People who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat.
 
Old 02-11-2015, 12:29 PM
 
Location: Hyrule
8,401 posts, read 9,548,424 times
Reputation: 7421
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallsAngel View Post
I already told you what fear tactic I think you're using now. "Loss of freedom". markg91359 explained that well.

It concerns me that the unvaccinated nurse is more likely to get the flu and pass it on to your mother.
Are you concerned about losing freedoms? Then we share that.
 
Old 02-11-2015, 12:31 PM
 
8,541 posts, read 5,262,232 times
Reputation: 9100
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallsAngel View Post
You're wrong that the science does not show it works. You're the one who keeps saying there's a difference between research and science, yet you constantly post these "studies" that purport to show your POV. Anyone can find anything for that. You know so little about immunity that you thought babies born to vaccinated mothers didn't get antibodies from their mom; I was the one who had to do the internet search to show you that was untrue, b/c it was part of your belief system that supposedly trumps actual science.
That's also true for the pro vaxxers. Why so condescending? I asked you to provide the proof (in another thread) because I wanted to know the difference between natural antibodies vs those from the vaccine. I didn't want to look it up and you said they were the same so I asked you to prove it. You did provide the source and for some reason that really made your ego grow to epic proportions as well as your assumptions about what I know and don't know. And it was true that the antibodies from natural immunity lasted longer then the antibodies from vaccines. Also remember when you accused me(in another thread) of sharing a post of yours in the future, meaning I hadn't done anything at all yet you thought I would share it in the future so you got all bent out of shape due to an assumption. And then in this thread you took old posts of mine from a different thread and shared them here? Maybe you were so worried because that is the kind of stuff that you tend to do yourself. Really awesome.
 
Old 02-11-2015, 12:31 PM
 
Location: Foot of the Rockies
84,962 posts, read 98,795,031 times
Reputation: 31376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Husband is a doctor? Ah, yes, that makes sense. Doctor will not make money with no patients, or REPEAT patients. Like any industry. Repeat customers.
Oh. My. God! We've already shown how much treating vaccine preventable diseases vs treating vaccine adverse events cost in Colorado in 2013. 100X as much money was spent on the former. You may search my posts for the links.

Here's a good article for all the "liberty" people:
I've Seen A Measles Outbreak; It's Not Something We Want To Risk By Denigrating Vaccines - Forbes
"I appreciate the need to stand up for personal freedom and defend our liberties. But in the case of a highly infectious and highly contagious disease, the “choice” we are defending is one that allows neighbor to harm neighbor. . . .We should believe the science—the facts—and avail ourselves of what the rest of the world views as a privilege."

I urge everyone, but especially the people concerned about "liberty, tyranny, freedom", etc to read it.
 
Old 02-11-2015, 12:35 PM
 
Location: Hyrule
8,401 posts, read 9,548,424 times
Reputation: 7421
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Because when you embed your comments inside a previous post it makes it very difficult to respond to them. Multiquote is here for that very reason. It is easier than embedding and using colors. Some colors are also hard to read.

I am my husband's part time office manager. I have an educational background that includes real courses in human physiology, including immunology, not junk taught by the likes of Melody Torcolacci.
I only talk to one person and one thread at a time, I don't see the need. I will do it when I need to respond to your long posts so you have an easier time of it then.

I am a history professor, so I can see where we might not see eye to eye. And I don't like seeing other professors fired for misunderstandings. Which I feel might happen.
 
Old 02-11-2015, 12:37 PM
 
Location: Foot of the Rockies
84,962 posts, read 98,795,031 times
Reputation: 31376
^^PoppySead, I do find the comments embedded in a previous post difficult to repsond to as well. Just sayin'.
 
Old 02-11-2015, 12:40 PM
 
Location: Georgia, USA
21,491 posts, read 26,089,700 times
Reputation: 26446
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
I only talk to one person and one thread at a time, I don't see the need. I will do it when I need to respond to your long posts so you have an easier time of it then.

I am a history professor, so I can see where we might not see eye to eye. And I don't like seeing other professors fired for misunderstandings. Which I feel might happen.
I was the only person you were responding to.

Multi quote does not mean answering more than one poster (though you can), it lets you respond to one post by breaking it up into smaller chunks.

How to multi quote:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/faq/2...ote-posts.html

Last edited by suzy_q2010; 02-11-2015 at 12:49 PM..
 
Old 02-11-2015, 12:41 PM
 
Location: Foot of the Rockies
84,962 posts, read 98,795,031 times
Reputation: 31376
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
That's also true for the pro vaxxers. Why so condescending? I asked you to provide the proof (in another thread) because I wanted to know the difference between natural antibodies vs those from the vaccine. I didn't want to look it up and you said they were the same so I asked you to prove it. You did provide the source and for some reason that really made your ego grow to epic proportions as well as your assumptions about what I know and don't know. And it was true that the antibodies from natural immunity lasted longer then the antibodies from vaccines. Also remember when you accused me(in another thread) of sharing a post of yours in the future, meaning I hadn't done anything at all yet you thought I would share it in the future so you got all bent out of shape due to an assumption. And then in this thread you took old posts of mine from a different thread and shared them here? Maybe you were so worried because that is the kind of stuff that you tend to do yourself. Really awesome.
You asked for proof because you stated that immunized moms didn't pass on antibodies to their babies and I said that was incorrect. No, you didn't want to look it up. You could never find anything to support that. Traditionally, debate requires a person making a statement to back it up. You refuse to tell us what your credentials are, but posts like that tell us a lot. You do not understand this stuff.

As for using posts from a previous thread, everything you post here is subject to that! We wouldn't be able to do it if it weren't OK.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top