U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 08:36 AM

14,509 posts, read 11,489,335 times

Advertisements

Of course its a crime... its abuse or a childs privacy..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2015, 08:45 AM

12,429 posts, read 14,559,489 times
Too bad it wasn't the judges 13 year old daughter, or his wife, or a grand daughter, or his mother...

Old 05-20-2015, 09:00 AM

7,752 posts, read 5,331,743 times
Sad thing is, had this been my niece, I'd have beat the crap out of this dude and I'd end up being the man locked up... smh. disgusting

Old 05-20-2015, 07:15 PM

768 posts, read 868,275 times
Maybe generations ago had it right; girls/women did not dress sexy for good reason. Proper dress was skirts of a length below the knees and no low-cut tops, etc. Yeah, I know, I'm gonna catch a few flames for this like; "I have to right to dress the way I want, etc". Yes, you do have the right. But you can't control who looks at you. You may like a young handsome man to notice you, but you will also get all men to notice you. It's primal. It's human nature. Yeah, what this guy did was wrong. And it should be dealt with. But still, proper dress will alleviate a lot of this problem.

Old 05-21-2015, 10:01 AM

33,141 posts, read 39,090,825 times
Surprised the judge couldnt have come up with some means to jail this creep or fine the guy so he will think twice about doing it again..
Something along the lines of =
Peeping Tom Law & Legal Definition

excerpt=
Quote:
(a1) Unless covered by another provision of law providing greater punishment, any person who secretly or surreptitiously peeps underneath or through the clothing being worn by another person, through the use of a mirror or other device, for the purpose of viewing the body of, or the undergarments worn by, that other person without their consent shall be guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor.

Old 05-21-2015, 10:11 AM

3,050 posts, read 1,571,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texabama View Post
Maybe generations ago had it right; girls/women did not dress sexy for good reason. Proper dress was skirts of a length below the knees and no low-cut tops, etc. Yeah, I know, I'm gonna catch a few flames for this like; "I have to right to dress the way I want, etc". Yes, you do have the right. But you can't control who looks at you. You may like a young handsome man to notice you, but you will also get all men to notice you. It's primal. It's human nature. Yeah, what this guy did was wrong. And it should be dealt with. But still, proper dress will alleviate a lot of this problem.
Oh please. Don't even go there. This guy needs to have his a$$ kicked for about 8 hours then jailed for a long time.

Old 05-21-2015, 10:12 AM

545 posts, read 434,025 times
Yes the guy is a pervert to say the least, but after ready the article, I would have to concur with the judge that no crime was committed....of course he's got his name and picture all over the place....that in itself is going to open problems for him in the future!

Old 05-21-2015, 10:15 AM

26,163 posts, read 14,463,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman
Too bad it wasn't the judges 13 year old daughter, or his wife, or a grand daughter, or his mother...
Knowing him he would probably respond the same!

Old 05-21-2015, 10:30 AM

2,581 posts, read 1,382,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rancenc View Post
Yes the guy is a pervert to say the least, but after ready the article, I would have to concur with the judge that no crime was committed....of course he's got his name and picture all over the place....that in itself is going to open problems for him in the future!
I disagree, and I think its the judge's interpretation of the law that's more at fault than the law itself.

Sure, one can take photos in a public area, and one who appears in public consents to photos. But how do you conclude that a part of the body that you cover with clothes is a public area? The mere fact that he had to "bypass" her clothing to take the photo is pretty good evidence that the subject of the photo was not in public view and that therefore she had a reasonable expectation of privacy.

Particularly since its the genital area we're talking about -- he wasn't taking pictures of her ears under her hat!

This is a good example of a judge who doesn't understand the difference between the letter of the law and the spirit of the law. Either that or he let his law clerk write the opinion. To say that the right to privacy doesn't apply here is ignorant and just plain ridiculous.

Old 05-21-2015, 05:26 PM

421 posts, read 309,567 times
The judge is an idiot and the man worse than a peeping Tom. Anyone taking a picture up the dress of a woman or girl is a sex offender and and should face the consequences of that. Since the laws are all screwy on that subject people need to do the right thing and a swift kick to the "familyjewels" or the hand holding the cell phone seems to be the only deterrent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events