Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2015, 06:04 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,111,606 times

Advertisements

I agree no one should be doing this to a 12 year old.

But lol at people who read a half page summary of the case on the Internet, and conclude that they know better than a judge who has seen all of the evidence, some which were not admissible. Not to mention, the judge has a lot more legal education and experience.

But hey, let me guess, logic and common sense are all you need . . . .

Mick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2015, 06:49 PM

782 posts, read 1,086,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
Oh please. Don't even go there. This guy needs to have his a$$ kicked for about 8 hours then jailed for a long time.
Oh NO !!!! Don't even go there, huh? Can't have a discussion on such an evil suggestion as proper dress now, can we?????

Old 05-21-2015, 07:05 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,560,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texabama View Post
Oh NO !!!! Don't even go there, huh? Can't have a discussion on such an evil suggestion as proper dress now, can we?????
So sorry, I understand. Blame the 12 year old for dressing provocatively. Sheesh, are you for real?

Old 05-21-2015, 08:44 PM

421 posts, read 410,630 times
Logic and common sense sounds good to me, even if those things [i]are/I]becoming less and lesscommon.

Old 05-21-2015, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
So sorry, I understand. Blame the 12 year old for dressing provocatively. Sheesh, are you for real?
No. You don't want to understand. I did not blame the girl. I placed the focus on human nature. You glossed over this section of my post; "what this guy did was wrong. And it should be dealt with." You should go back and re-read.

Old 05-22-2015, 03:24 PM

522 posts, read 694,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyAMG View Post
Actually, he was a wise elder man of 61 years. You know the generation that is so much better than the current one.
Oh yes, the one that calls us lazy and unfettered all the time? I believe I remember them vaguely.

Old 05-22-2015, 03:30 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,353,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by portlandphi View Post
I couldn't find a link for this story, but was just reported on KATU Portland; Judge just ruled that 51 year old man did not commit crime when he took a photo of 12 year old girl at Oregon Target store.

WHAT??????????????? What has happened to society that would put up with this? Where is the common sense that would stop this invasive, disgusting crime? It's not a crime says Supreme Court. So it's just a man taking a picture. No more, no less.

No felony crime against video voyeurism in OR | Local & Regional | KATU.com - Portland News, Sports, Traffic Weather and Breaking News - Portland, Oregon

This is actually another case, but it was this news channel that I saw the story.

Sometimes I think computers do too much. Man has let computers do so much of their thinking,
he has lost his ability to think. Computers do not have common sense. "Use it or lose it".
Generations to come are going to wonder what the hey was up with a society that says it's OK to stick a camera up a little girl's dress.
And yet- if the girl- or her parent, sibling, etc.- had hauled off and smacked the guy in the mouth, she/they probably would've been hauled in for assault.

Old 05-22-2015, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanCrawford View Post
Oh yes, the one that calls us lazy and unfettered all the time? I believe I remember them vaguely.
Yes. I was called lazy, etc by my dad. He was also called the same by his. Same for my grandfather. But we all did well just the same. Nothing has changed over the centuries regarding this.

Old 05-24-2015, 03:33 AM

21,097 posts, read 19,694,480 times
Pretty sad that we have to have a law that says "taking pictures up a girl's skirt is illegal" for it to actually be recognized as being so.

Since there is no law against me dumping a bucket of urine on a judge, I guess I can do it.

Old 05-24-2015, 04:13 AM

421 posts, read 410,630 times
Retroit: "Since there is no law against me dumping a bucket of urine on a judge, I guess I can do it. "

LOL! I like your thinking!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events