U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2015, 03:26 PM

3,806 posts, read 5,184,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
I think we need to investigate who is really behind ISIS. I was suspicious as soon as I found out their name. The Western global elite like to name things after Egyptian/Babylonian gods/goddesses and often use numerology and other symbolism. But the name ISIS was very blatant to me. I am currently watching this video. I definitely don't think we can trust the reporting of mainstream media:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LSIwvE0Nvo
Except of course that ISIS is a name made up by the western media. They originally were ISIL which the western media didn't use because hardly anyone in the Us knows where the Levant is. Not sure about the rest of the world. They are now the Islamic State which is meant to draw recruits due to the millenarian overtones that phrase would have fort someone given to ISlamic extremism which is also not used by the western media because it is so much longer. Indeed other Col. Ralph Peters on FoxNews, I haven't seen anyone even make a point that the name change itself was meant to be a message.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2015, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistermobile View Post
Politically, it isn't acceptable to the current CiC or the US public to just open a can of whoop ass and indiscriminately kill anyone in a limited area who supports its enemies which is what would be required.

Not so sure as you are about the American public. Obama is just drinking his own kool aid.

Confused about what you said, the way you phrased it, but I don't believe the US ever adopted a program of kill everyone, destroy everything which is the way I read your post.

I am sure ISIS' violence is way beyond what we have come to expect from a freedom fighter. If what they have accomplished to date was done instead by a serial killer, wouldn't we, and everyone else, react?

Where is ISIS going to stop?
Oh I am certain about the American public. Their misunderstanding of the nature of this conflict was a significant reason Obama was elected, and why we are in this situation as many if not most of the American public cheered while he snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

Old 02-08-2015, 03:38 PM

2,368 posts, read 1,492,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
This is a war that cannot be fought and WON with military might. Radical Islam is an IDEA. Promoted by a few OLDER Clerics or whatever they are called in that part of the World. These older Imams, Mullahs, Clerics etc have convinced millions of their followers that they have an instant ticket to Paradise if they kill INFIDELS and are killed in doing so. Killing these misguided followers by the thousands will never stop them! Their leaders have convinced them that GOD will reward them instantly if they die in their cause.

In my opinion there are only TWO ways that radical Islamists can be defeated and neither way is Politically Correct.The first way would be to undertake massive COVERT operations to kill or even better discredit the OLDER Clerics spreading this false promise. This would require a significant amount of intelligence assets that we currently do not have. This method would be cost effective but it would take TIME. Time that we may not have.

The best way would be to give these people a BETTER answer. IOW convert them to Christianity! However this method would provoke many of our own citizens and leaders to anger. One small ship stationed off shore in the Persian Gulf broadcasting the message of Christ would be much more cost effective than dozens of B-1 Bombers.
Re the last part - the problem is religion itself. The myths of the dodgy desert trilogy facilitate each other. A different Pie in the sky nonsense might be a temporary balm but wouldn't sustain.
Covert opts, misinformation, propaganda (every time Daesh use the Western technology they love, they lose) drones, air attacks, boots on ground etc. Check.

Old 02-08-2015, 03:51 PM

3,190 posts, read 2,490,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAL View Post
Oh I am certain about the American public. Their misunderstanding of the nature of this conflict was a significant reason Obama was elected, and why we are in this situation as many if not most of the American public cheered while he snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.
This doesn't even make any sense.

Old 02-08-2015, 04:04 PM

19,433 posts, read 17,678,014 times
I say no, let Jordan, Turkey, Iraq, and every other Muslim Nation fight this fight. We need to stay out of it.

Old 02-08-2015, 05:39 PM

5,433 posts, read 3,487,835 times
Ideally yes, but will it work? I am just so sick and tired of the Middle East, it's problems. So tiring.

Heck I don't care about the outside world at this point at all.

Old 02-08-2015, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
This doesn't even make any sense.
Oh sure it does. Even now how many praise Obama for getting the U.S. out of Iraq? Never mind that doing so set the stage for ISIS or some other similar group to rise up.

70 years on we're still in Germany, Japan, and Italy, and that was a war against political groups not a way of life. Keep denying though if it makes you feel better. That's what most Americans are doing.

Old 02-08-2015, 08:02 PM
gg

17,864 posts, read 18,170,245 times
NO! There are TONS of countries that want to wipe them out. How about some of them spend the money for a change. We can be involved SOME, but others can also pay. Jordan comes to mind. They have plenty of money and want to kill them all. GOOD!

Old 02-08-2015, 09:51 PM

5,028 posts, read 2,202,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
I'm beginning to think that it might not be such a bad idea to form private (and privately funded) groups to take pages from their playbooks, take the fight to them, and exterminate them like the vermin they are.

Kind of like when you have to buy a "deer tag"....... sell "isis" tags.......

Old 02-08-2015, 10:27 PM

3,190 posts, read 2,490,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAL View Post
Oh sure it does. Even now how many praise Obama for getting the U.S. out of Iraq? Never mind that doing so set the stage for ISIS or some other similar group to rise up.

70 years on we're still in Germany, Japan, and Italy, and that was a war against political groups not a way of life. Keep denying though if it makes you feel better. That's what most Americans are doing.
First of all, there's a generation of young Muslim extremists in Iraq because we invaded their country for no reason. Pulling troops out didn't cause the problem, it saved American lives. When was the last time an occupying force changed an entire country and ended bloodshed? Spoiler: Never. Never ever ever.

Second, we still have troops in countries be previously buggered because the US Military is a jobs program. There is no logical, logistical reason to have as many bases and personnel in those countries as we do. The only threat Japan poses to America is damaging our ears with their terrible j-rap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or