Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2015, 01:56 AM

16,211 posts, read 8,342,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
anti-vaccine crowd or not, I just want the truth.. and I think I can people can handle the truth.

Why is there any need for false information from Pharma and the Government ? ?????????????? What do they have to hide?
Read Sharyl Atkissons book "Stonewalled" to get a sobering look into what pharmaceutical companies & the government are really up to with their spin machines. In the governments case, PR firms and staff are hired with our tax dollars at multiple agencies to deflect, delay, deny, and spin the public into thinking what they want us to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2015, 07:31 AM

91 posts, read 112,297 times
Does anybody else feel like the wealth of information available on the internet for both pro and anti vaccine is slightly overwhelming?

I'm college-educated but have no medical background whatsoever and I find that between the resources on the internet regarding anti and pro vaccinations, I am left with no absolute opinion at all. The media, whether bought and paid for or not, can't seem to provide a definitive either.

I'll be speaking to my doctor about the right course of action for my upcoming daughter and ignoring the internet/media on these topics.

Old 02-08-2015, 09:17 AM

36,969 posts, read 40,935,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keifus View Post
Does anybody else feel like the wealth of information available on the internet for both pro and anti vaccine is slightly overwhelming?

I'm college-educated but have no medical background whatsoever and I find that between the resources on the internet regarding anti and pro vaccinations, I am left with no absolute opinion at all. The media, whether bought and paid for or not, can't seem to provide a definitive either.

I'll be speaking to my doctor about the right course of action for my upcoming daughter and ignoring the internet/media on these topics.
Congratulations on your upcoming daughter!

Try these books:

http://www.amazon.com/Your-Babys-Bes.../dp/144221578X

Vaccines and Your Child: Separating Fact from Fiction: 9780231153072: Medicine & Health Science Books @ Amazon.com

Then, trust your doctor.

Old 02-08-2015, 09:29 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,761,763 times
That too is part of the problem, doctors who have their opinions based on the pharmaceutical representatives that visit their office and push which new pill they think the doctors should prescribe.

Many of the meds are genuinely needed by people, yet other meds have so many side effects that and are very harmful and the pills are not worth taking the chance.

I don’t blame the doctors they only know what big pharma tells them and the doctors don’t have the time to research each new drug that comes on the market. Research the new drug,,,,, and you have to trust what big pharma tells you in their reports …….

Old 02-08-2015, 09:34 AM

2,392 posts, read 2,990,031 times
And I thought when I opened this thread I'd learn about a new source for some great prosciutto and parmigianno reggiano, or perhaps pick up a recipe tip or two. What a waste!

Old 02-08-2015, 09:35 AM

26,648 posts, read 13,594,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Read Sharyl Atkissons book "Stonewalled" to get a sobering look into what pharmaceutical companies & the government are really up to with their spin machines. In the governments case, PR firms and staff are hired with our tax dollars at multiple agencies to deflect, delay, deny, and spin the public into thinking what they want us to.
Do you think they hire people to post online to help spin things in their favor?

Old 02-08-2015, 11:01 AM

3,205 posts, read 2,603,167 times
I am simply unable to find anything of value or truth in sources like naturalnews.com. Just because a group of Luddites puts up a web site doesn't make it true.

Old 02-08-2015, 11:11 AM

10,181 posts, read 6,235,049 times
1976 swine flu outbreak - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I worked at the Corporate Headquarters (NYC) for one of the largest Pharmecuticals. Their plant was in NEW JERSEY a few miles from where that Base is. All that media going on about getting your Flu Shot for this big epidemic! President on the TV. NOTHING whatsover at work about getting that flu shot. Hush hush at work for it to be mentioned at all. I thought that very strange back then. Why was an PHAMACEUTICAL Corp.not telling it's OWN employees to get that shot? After it was revealed that this flu was a big fiasco/hoax, my thought was MARKETING had gotten together with government. They ARE regulated by government. We can work together each for our own goals.

In today world, I have always wondered if that 1976 Swine Flu Fiasco was cooked up by the Industry and the Goverment to see how FEAR might be used to get the public to get vaccinated. Test Run?

We can see how it is being used today from Ebola, to Flu, to Measles. What the article quoted says would not surprise me at all.

Old 02-08-2015, 11:16 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,481,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
MMR measles vaccine clinical trial results FAKED by Big Pharma - shocking U.S. court documents reveal all.

According to two Merck scientists who filed a False Claims Act complaint in 2010 -- a complaint which was unsealed three years ago -- vaccine manufacturer Merck knowingly falsified its mumps vaccine test data, spiked blood samples with animal antibodies, sold a vaccine that actually promoted mumps and measles outbreaks, and ripped off governments and consumers who bought the vaccine thinking it was "95% effective."

MMR measles vaccine clinical trial results FAKED by Big Pharma - shocking U.S. court documents reveal all - NaturalNews.com

USA Today Columnist Calls for Arrest and Imprisonment of Vaccine Skeptics

USA Today Columnist Calls for Arrest and Imprisonment of Vaccine Skeptics | Global Research

The Evils of Big Pharma Exposed
The Evils of Big Pharma Exposed | Global Research

Vaccine McCarthyism. What if the Vaccine Paradigm itself is Deliberately Flawed?

Vaccine McCarthyism. What if the Vaccine Paradigm itself is Deliberately Flawed? | Global Research

Merck Has Some Explaining To Do Over Its MMR Vaccine Claims

Merck Has Some Explaining To Do Over Its MMR Vaccine Claims*|*Lawrence Solomon

All it means is that Merck spiked its clinical results so they could retain exclusive license to produce the vaccine. 95 percent effectiveness is required to maintain exclusivity. In reality, the vaccine prevents measles 93 percent of the time.

Stirring the pot on that Merck whistleblower lawsuit

http://medcitynews.com/2015/02/natur...-vaccine-data/

Old 02-08-2015, 11:41 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,761,763 times
Lost Credibility

If they have SPIKED (falsified) the information about the clinical results for the exclusive license then is the 95% effectiveness also SPIKED?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events