U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-10-2015, 01:27 PM
 
Location: georgia
939 posts, read 619,332 times
Reputation: 703

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Leftists by nature simply don't admit to being wrong. FIFY (again)

You won't get into a "I'm right, and you're wrong" debate because you're wrong. Go figure. You opinion is horse feces and when presented with evidence of such the response is:




I beg to laugh. Actually it's not so funny because we have to deal with these types of mental midgets in our society......
I bet you feel much better about yourself after insulting me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-10-2015, 01:33 PM
 
920 posts, read 476,656 times
Reputation: 638
Quote:
Originally Posted by kool hand luke View Post
I will not get into a "I'm right, and you're wrong" debate with you or anyone. That's a waste of time- people by nature simply don't admit to being wrong. You can have all your reports and facts. I'm still anti-gun, and plan to remain that way. Guns kill, and outside of fighting a war- don't serve any positive purpose.
OF course you are not getting into a debate with me, because my fact support the reality that gun ownership benefits society by diverting and stopping crime and criminals in numbers that substantially outweigh gun violence perpetrated by criminals.

You are more than welcome to your viewpoint, but you are not welcome to curtail the constitution rights of others when your viewpoint does not square with reality.

Apparently, you would confiscate all guns outside the theater of war....so no guns for police? No secret service protection for the US President? Sounds ridiculous to me, but that is your viewpoint and you are welcome to it.

Now, if you argue that police should have guns and that the President is entitled to protection by a gun toting Secret Service agent, then it seems that you think some people are entitled to more protection than others and we are only entitled to protection if an armed police officer can reach you in time.

Guns do not kill anymore than cars or knives kill. Without a person wielding or operating any inanimate object, it is not capable of committing any action, legal or otherwise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2015, 01:45 PM
 
Location: Long Island, NY
186 posts, read 147,241 times
Reputation: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIHR
Can I assume that those who are against gun ownership and/or the ownership of "high" capacity magazines is because you want a safer society with less deaths, injury etc.?


......on the other side of the coin can I also assume that those who are for gun ownership want a less safe society with more deaths, injury etc..??


interesting how only one person (pro gun side) addressed my assumptions.

I find that to be very telling in so many ways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2015, 01:51 PM
 
Location: Massachusetts
10,032 posts, read 6,858,327 times
Reputation: 4207
Quote:
Originally Posted by kool hand luke View Post
I bet you feel much better about yourself after insulting me.

Would you care to continue to debate the "merits" of your position? Right- didn't think so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2015, 02:04 PM
 
9,059 posts, read 5,656,138 times
Reputation: 5255
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
You are agreeing with me.
Actually I believe that was sarcasm...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2015, 02:07 PM
 
9,059 posts, read 5,656,138 times
Reputation: 5255
Quote:
Originally Posted by kool hand luke View Post
I will not get into a "I'm right, and you're wrong" debate with you or anyone. That's a waste of time- people by nature simply don't admit to being wrong. You can have all your reports and facts. I'm still anti-gun, and plan to remain that way. Guns kill, and outside of fighting a war- don't serve any positive purpose.
Just a question. For those that have armed security details , what exactly are those firearms used for ?

For many in this country that use their firearms to provide and income and or feed their family how would you explain that they don't need one since they are only used for fighting a war?

I'm just curious as to your logic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2015, 02:18 PM
 
Location: Massachusetts
10,032 posts, read 6,858,327 times
Reputation: 4207
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Just a question. For those that have armed security details , what exactly are those firearms used for ?

For many in this country that use their firearms to provide and income and or feed their family how would you explain that they don't need one since they are only used for fighting a war?

I'm just curious as to your logic.

Quote:
Quote:
I'm just curious as to your logic.

You, sir, have a problem then because you're curious about something that doesn't exist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2015, 02:23 PM
 
9,059 posts, read 5,656,138 times
Reputation: 5255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
You, sir, have a problem then because you're curious about something that doesn't exist.
Good point... although in his mind it seems logical. Just not in reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2015, 02:34 PM
 
16,785 posts, read 19,628,561 times
Reputation: 33226
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
Well said! I totally agree. Take away the right to bear arms and see how many senseless and especially accidental deaths go down in statistics in the USA.
That worked great in Germany in the 30s didn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2015, 04:08 PM
 
84 posts, read 81,163 times
Reputation: 123
it's tragic when someone kills others. Period. It really doesn't matter what they use, but man if it's a gun all the wimpies come out crying for more gun control. Thank God I live in a State where even the local law enforcement not only wants every man and woman and child to know how to use a gun but also carry one. We do have our share of mental patients, but I can't think of a time when anyone with a mental illness cut down a bunch of people with any kind of weapon. I do know that there have been two shootings in the last few years, but by drunken idiots. The state I live in also has the lowest crime rate in the country overall. The main reason. We got guns and lots of them. We respect them and we know how to use them.

More gun control or banning guns only lead to government Tyanny. History; if you read it, points this out everytime a country of citizens is forced to gives up it's guns. The 2nd Amendment mentioned above isn't about just a well regulated militia. In fact it's much more than that. It's the right of every American citizen to bear arms. Period. If you choose not to, that also is your right. On average it takes 17 minutes for the police to respond to an emergecy call. If it so happens that your emergency involves your home being invaded, thats a long time to wait for protection to come. What do you think the chances are that a cop comes and finds you dead, raped or stabbed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top