U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 01:11 PM

4,950 posts, read 6,926,986 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know why he killed the victim? Just for fun? or what?

What makes me sick here is that the killer was so cavalier about it and just took the selfie with the body in the background, like he was proud of himself. I just wonder why he did it? was it a black vs white thing? Gang initiation? hated the kid? what?

i mean, tbh, the teen killer, for all intents and purposes looks like a normal, well-adjusted teen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2015, 03:04 PM

13,051 posts, read 12,568,586 times
Look, it's not any worse. Crime rates are down. In the US at least, we live in a better world than we did some 30 years ago. I grew up with an older father who is not at all sentimental. He's 83, and he'll give you an unvarnished picture of what life was like when he was a kid. Casual brutality was a part of the world he lived in. Animal cruelty, spousal abuse, rampant racism, unremarked-upon alcoholism, etc. were all stuff that went on around him.

A guy he knew beat a horse to death one day when my dad was a kid. No one remarked upon it to any great extent. Do you know how unhinged you have to be to beat a horse to death?

A family he knew had two unsolved murders associated with them that were never investigated because they knew the right people.

His uncle beat up his aunt on a regular basis. No one intervened.

Etc.

We see these things now a lot more because people can express themselves publicly with far less effort. So criminals - not being the sanest or smartest people - tend to leave trails.

Old 02-09-2015, 03:30 PM

5,427 posts, read 3,309,716 times
They are sickos, but there have been killers of all ages for long time, not that "new". Teens have been killers, heck even younger children have been known to murder others.

Same with really old people.

The only new aspect is the "selfie" part. There was a guy who was shot by a woman in Florida(he survived) and he had taken a selfie while bleeding.

WOnder what the hash tag read, "Bout to Lose this life"!

Old 02-09-2015, 05:21 PM

12,408 posts, read 9,289,402 times
A single person, no matter how horrific and crazy their acts may be, can never justify such categorical statements or stereotypes. All they really prove is that they, as an individual, are messed up in the head.

Old 02-09-2015, 05:27 PM

1,246 posts, read 1,724,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poodlestix View Post
I don't know how everybody else feels about this, but from what I've noticed I'd say criminals are becoming younger and more brutal! And what rational killer would take a selfie with the body and incriminate himself?

Jeannette teen, charged with killing another, took 'selfie' with body | TribLIVE Mobile

What in the world happens for someone to think it is ok to treat another human like that? I know that it sure seems from the news that most of the people in the city here that are killing, robbing, and car jacking are teens. I bet half of the car jackers are not even old enough for a driver's liscense.

Old 02-09-2015, 05:30 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,682,440 times
Unfortunately with the new 1984 think speak they are not violent young black men
They are children or teens that have made bad choices and are having a troubled youth
And should certainly never be held accountable for anything unless they are white

Old 02-09-2015, 05:45 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,956,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poodlestix View Post
I don't know how everybody else feels about this, but from what I've noticed I'd say criminals are becoming younger and more brutal!
If you went back in time to the Old West you'd probably be thinking it was brutal back then too.

Old 02-09-2015, 06:00 PM

21,630 posts, read 26,354,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by H-S2017 View Post
I guess you've never heard of the Briley Brothers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Briley_Brothers
I think this proves the thesis that such events have happened before but we were just not aware of them because the news was more local or regionalized.

I had never heard of the Briley brothers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or