Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2015, 01:33 PM

6,288 posts, read 11,774,262 times

Advertisements

Seems to me anyone who shoots someone who tries to steal their car is itching for any excuse they can to shoot anyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2015, 01:41 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80skeys View Post
Seems to me anyone who shoots someone who tries to steal their car is itching for any excuse they can to shoot anyone.

As another poster alluded, considering that a truck is a component to how many people earn their living and put food on the family table, the desire to steal a truck and jeopardize a person's living is an excuse to get yourself shot.

I don't feel sorry for the dead man at all. I just don't like how the brothers appear to have put other lives in danger.

If I were in their situation, I would have done the same thing by chasing after them while calling 911. Once I saw a gun, I would have disengaged and reported to 911 that they were armed and pointed a gun at me.

Old 02-09-2015, 01:53 PM

468 posts, read 582,501 times
Default that says it all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotteborn View Post
One less thief in this world thanks to these two brothers.

People are getting sick of criminals being slapped on the hands. Maybe one potential thief out there will think again before taking something that doesn't belong to him!
People are sick of being victims. The judicial system is useless. Normal people want a society without the VULTURES and the judicial system does not give it to them. Well, of course not. They would be out of a job they took the criminals out of society for good, and PEOPLE COULD ACTUALLY WALK THE STREETS WITHOUT BEING PREYED UPON or own property without being afraid of it taken, by some miscreant.
They did the right thing for the simple reason they will not be let out by judges to victimize again.

PEOPLE ARE SICK OF CRIMINALS ROAMING AROUND IN CIVIL SOCIETY.

Old 02-09-2015, 01:56 PM

240 posts, read 252,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
There's a difference between being a proponent for sanity and crying for thieves. No one deserves to die for stealing a truck and no one has the right to go around shooting wildly at thieves, putting more lives in danger.

Says who?

Don't want to die? Don't steal someone's car.

Old 02-09-2015, 02:02 PM

468 posts, read 582,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Good for you. I hope you don't mind facing a grand jury, like the truck owner and his brother, in this case.

They were shooting at a guy on the freeway? And their truck crashed, in the end? So, what was the point? And how was it that neither of them got the license plate of the accomplice? These guys were incredibly dumb. All they had to do was follow the two cars and call police to report the theft and both license plates, and their location.

Incredibly stupid. They'll need a good lawyer, and even then, that might not help them, because their lives were not in danger.

No, what is dumb that we put up with a criminal justice system that is very expensive and we still don't live in a society that is minus criminals. I think these brothers were just incredibly ticked off at being victimize(probably again). It is sad when you talk to people and everyone you talk to "knows" a victim.
Blame the judicial system colossal failure for people being "sick and tired of being sick and tired," of PREDATORS AMONGST us. A nation of vultures. I blame the "Judicial System."

Old 02-09-2015, 02:02 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ks5692 View Post
Tell me why I have to permit slugs to steal my car? It's my car, not theirs. They have no right to come onto my property and put their filthy hands on it. I work for what I own. The car gets me back and forth to my job. My family and I depend on it to keep the bills paid. Too many people in here are weeping for the damned thieves.
No one has a problem with your preventing slugs from stealing your car. Call the cops, give them the license number, description of car. Follow the car if you want, with your secret weapon: your cell phone. Give 911 a running report of the thief's route, and the accomplice's license plate and route. Police will take care of it. Nobody's weeping for the thieves. Where did you get that idea?

Old 02-09-2015, 02:05 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ks5692 View Post
Says who?
Seriously? You're ok with a couple of guys speeding down the freeway firing away at another car? You wouldn't mind being nearby, in the same lane or neighboring lane with that going on? That's reckless endangerment, and it's incredibly stupid.

Old 02-09-2015, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Seriously? You're ok with a couple of guys speeding down the freeway firing away at another car? You wouldn't mind being nearby, in the same lane or neighboring lane with that going on? That's reckless endangerment, and it's incredibly stupid.
Just to clarify something, they were never on the freeway. It's very possible the area they were in at that point was somewhat desolate.

Don't get me wrong, I think they should not have shot at them, but they were NOT heading down a busy freeway.

Old 02-09-2015, 02:28 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,034,674 times
hopefully the thug brothers will spend the remainder of their baby-making years in prison and unable to produce any other thug babies...am I doing this right?

Old 02-09-2015, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
hopefully the thug brothers will spend the remainder of their baby-making years in prison and unable to produce any other thug babies...am I doing this right?
The brothers were NOT the thugs who stole the truck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events