Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2015, 07:19 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,957,812 times

Advertisements

If you are not religious at all, I suppose it is okay to shoot someone dead stealing a material item from you, or you could give chase and call 911 or the police and just keep following until the police handles it hopefully without anyone dying. Sorry, to go against the grain, but I am religious and adhere to, "thou shall not kill". I don't infringe upon other people's beliefs though, just need to keep my religion in tact, so I can't condone a murder like that over a truck. I don't think there are many religious people left, so I suspect I would be very much alone. Most people would prefer killing others over material items. Just the very violent world we live in these days. Kind of sad, but it is only going to get worse and worse and I suspect churches will all be gone pretty soon. Kids are learning to kill on Xbox and watching TV at very young ages, so the 10 commandments are pretty much gone for good.

Enjoy life all. Wishing everyone the best and I hope some people find peace someday, but I don't think most any will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2015, 07:21 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
Hey man nice shot!

Human trash is like Doritos, crunch em they'll make more
Good for you. I hope you don't mind facing a grand jury, like the truck owner and his brother, in this case.

They were shooting at a guy on the freeway? And their truck crashed, in the end? So, what was the point? And how was it that neither of them got the license plate of the accomplice? These guys were incredibly dumb. All they had to do was follow the two cars and call police to report the theft and both license plates, and their location.

Incredibly stupid. They'll need a good lawyer, and even then, that might not help them, because their lives were not in danger.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 02-08-2015 at 08:23 PM..

Old 02-08-2015, 07:52 PM

373 posts, read 482,368 times
So, death penalty for auto theft without a jury trial? Saudis look more civilized than you.

Old 02-08-2015, 08:22 PM

7,058 posts, read 9,074,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotteborn View Post
One less thief in this world thanks to these two brothers.

People are getting sick of criminals being slapped on the hands. Maybe one potential thief out there will think again before taking something that doesn't belong to him!
Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
If people would just mind their own business and leave other people's property and body alone, none of this would happen. I don't think you deserve to die for stealing someone's car, but if you do I don't really care that much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ks5692 View Post
I'll shed no tears for thieves. Too bad one got away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
In the formerly sane world (in jurisdictions I am familiar with), this meant you are about to go to jail, as deadly force was not allowed to protect property.
Used to be, you stole someone's horse, you got hung. Should be the same for cars. I think we spend too much money feeding and housing scum who aren't going to stop ripping people off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
If you are not religious at all, I suppose it is okay to shoot someone dead stealing a material item from you, or you could give chase and call 911 or the police and just keep following until the police handles it hopefully without anyone dying. Sorry, to go against the grain, but I am religious and adhere to, "thou shall not kill". I don't infringe upon other people's beliefs though, just need to keep my religion in tact, so I can't condone a murder like that over a truck.Wishing everyone the best and I hope some people find peace someday, but I don't think most any will.
Oh, you mean, your religion that glorifies the murder of an entire peoples, including women, children and infants simply because they didn't want to let the 'chosen ones' take a short-cut through their fields? Yeah, that's in your 'book', you should read it, and all the other stories of atrocities committed in the name of your 'god'. Howzabout that Soddom and Gommorah? It's OK if you nuke entire cities?

Old 02-08-2015, 08:25 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
Used to be, you stole someone's horse, you got hung. Should be the same for cars. I think we spend too much money feeding and housing scum who aren't going to stop ripping people off.
Well, guess what, pardner; we're no longer living in the wild west. Society has evolved and moved on. It's called "the rule of law". If you don't like it, you might prefer to live in the Mid-east or in Putin's Russia. It's unbelievable that anyone would defend a guy killing someone over stolen property, when no lives were at risk, and calling the police and reporting license plates and the perps' location and direction of movement would have been so easy. The most obvious solution escaped those trigger-happy fools.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 02-08-2015 at 08:38 PM..

Old 02-08-2015, 08:29 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,623,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
If you are not religious at all, I suppose it is okay to shoot someone dead stealing a material item from you...

Sorry, to go against the grain, but I am religious and adhere to, "thou shall not kill". I don't infringe upon other people's beliefs though, just need to keep my religion in tact, so I can't condone a murder like that over a truck. I don't think there are many religious people left, so I suspect I would be very much alone.
Now, why do you have to go and drag religion into this? I have a bulletin for you - you don't have to be religious to know that killing people over a truck is the wrong way to go about your business. I despise Christianity, and I know it's wrong, so basically your whole premise just blew up in your face. Religion vs. non-religion has no place in this discussion.

Old 02-08-2015, 09:36 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,831,699 times
Truck must have had the 5.9 Cummins. People get attached to those.

Old 02-08-2015, 09:38 PM

966 posts, read 1,344,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I watched this on my local news tonight. A car thief was in the process of stealing a truck with the help of an accomplice in another vehicle. When he started the truck up the alarm went off, the truck's owner and his brother heard the alarm, and came outside. They followed him and shot the car thief, killing him. An accomplice escaped in another vehicle. I'm not sure how I feel about the brothers' actions toward the thief. What are your thoughts?

Brothers chase down car thieves, shoot & kill 1 suspect | News - Home
I love a story with a happy ending, I just feel sorry for the poor worms, I hope they don't get sick.

Old 02-08-2015, 10:29 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,941,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Incredibly stupid. They'll need a good lawyer, and even then, that might not help them, because their lives were not in danger.
Your life does not need to be in danger to use deadly force in Texas. According to the law, you can use deadly force to protect property. However, I think that is generally intended for something like a robbery, burglary or mugging. If they had killed the guy in their driveway while he was stealing the care they would be fine, but the chasing part is what could make their case more troublesome.

Of course, I'm only talking about criminal charges. The family of the trash they killed is going to have a field day in civil court.

Old 02-08-2015, 10:42 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,623,138 times
If those psycho cowboys don't get indicted, I vote we call up Mexico and sell them Texas back for $20.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events