U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2015, 12:48 PM

30,520 posts, read 9,123,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Aretha! Now THERE's a female vocalist! And I loved Whitney, too. What voices.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Beyonce. She's an entertainer, and she entertains, and I appreciate that she and her husband and child are not on the front of magazines every month putting all their trash out for everyone to see....
Well...ok. This thread isn't about how cool old ladies are because they listen to rap, but I'll just say that Beyonce and Jay-Z most certainly do "put their trash out there." They just do it on stage, on screen, and in elevators--they've been doing it for YEARS.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2015, 12:53 PM

7,791 posts, read 5,356,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Well...ok. This thread isn't about how cool old ladies are because they listen to rap, but I'll just say that Beyonce and Jay-Z most certainly do "put their trash out there." They just do it on stage, on screen, and in elevators--they've been doing it for YEARS.
Exactly... I have MUCH more respect for Alicia Keys and her small family for how they remain out of the spotlight.
One could even throw Eminem in there. Aside from his lyrics, very little is known about his actual life. His daughter only recently hit the spotlight because she was crowned homecoming queen at her HS and plans to attend one of the state universities in Michigan...

Beyonce and Jay-Z are the complete opposite. They are always in the public eye.

Old 02-11-2015, 01:12 PM

29,633 posts, read 31,957,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzzzz View Post
I love Kanye.
He's right about this topic.
I mean... Beck? did anyone even know he had an album out until this incident?
Beck and the people running the Grammys probably paid him to do this.
I'm not even into new music that much (I listen to a classic rock station in my car..that's it) but I knew about Beck's new album and his older stuff. How? I read about musicians and music and new artists and occasionally I'll watch videos on Youtube if something/someone is getting a lot of buzz. I've even been known to attend music festivals. I might even download a song to my computer. Beck's been buzzing for years and years and has been a hit on the music festival scene...something Kanye couldn't seem to do at Outsidelands last year for some weird reason even though many people were excited about him.

You make the mistake of liking a certain type of music and not seeing beyond it or even TRYING to educate yourself or see what's going on in the industry. Yes, everyone but you knew he had an album out.

Old 02-11-2015, 04:44 PM

13,026 posts, read 5,415,157 times
Quote:
I love Kanye.
He has an opinion, but he was not right. Imagine if your kid was getting an award for something he or she did at school and a parent of another child came up there and said her kid deserved that award more. Would you be pissed? That's the kind of low class thing Kanye did, and he gets praise for it in some circles. Had he only said that stuff in an interview later, I would have disagreed but understand that taste is subjective. People dis Grammy winners every year if they feel it is undeserved. What Kanye did was wrong in all kinds of ways. Has he now opened a door for other artists to do this stuff in the future for attention? I wouldn't be surprised.

Old 02-11-2015, 04:51 PM

23,957 posts, read 31,176,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
LOL at Kanye being irrelevant.

Kanye's ranted like that before, even when we was the winner. He won an award a few years ago and went on a similar rant about how UGK should've won the award, not him.

I'm still laughing at Kanye being irrelevant.
He is. Completely.

Old 02-11-2015, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Thank you. I can't even stand to watch the two of them onstage.

Old 02-11-2015, 04:57 PM

1,964 posts, read 4,434,543 times
anyone notice how unphased Beck was on stage and in the post-interview? The dude already knew that Kanye planned to bum rush the stage & spout his spiel to the press. I'm sure he & his manager were directly contacted by Kanye so there wouldn't be any hard feelings. It's just a PR stunt to create controversy & get their names out on public forums like this for discussion. Personally i didn't watch the Grammy's but i youtubed the last part & the ensuing interview just because it's hilarious!

Old 02-11-2015, 04:57 PM

Quote:
I love Kanye.
Oh Jesus H. Beck has more talent in his pinky than Beyonce, JayZ, and that a-hole Kanye, all put together. I mean, have you even listened to Morning Phase?? It is nothing short of outstanding music.

Old 02-11-2015, 05:25 PM

51,363 posts, read 50,627,712 times
Quote:
No, it's not, and the 2pac story was just a sidebar. For someone like me whose only previous exposure was the autopsy photos the undertaker shows on the Haunted Las Vegas tour, it was a surprise that I liked something he created. Odd that you would find that worth commenting on, but whatever blows your skirt up.

I'll take your word for it on Beyonce and Jay-Z thing. You appear to follow them more closely than I ever will have interest in doing.

Old 02-11-2015, 06:17 PM

1,774 posts, read 1,734,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Oh Jesus H. Beck has more talent in his pinky than Beyonce, JayZ, and that a-hole Kanye, all put together. I mean, have you even listened to Morning Phase?? It is nothing short of outstanding music.
I'm not a Beck fan at all, but just listened to his newest (Morning Phase) on Spotify. It's pretty good, and this is a style of music I generally hate. It's not very innovative, though. It's like Beck making a Pink Floyd album. Kanye gets a lot of hate for his extramusical antics, but his music is very innovative. He basically single handedly changed the way hip hop is produced and is not afraid to experiment with radically different styles on his albums.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or