Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2015, 10:11 AM

894 posts, read 1,049,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellflower View Post
Kanye's music? Eh, I've heard it just enough times to know that I couldn't care less if I never hear it again. It would be just lovely, however, if he kept his hard-on for Beyonce in his pants where it belongs.
Right? He goes harder for Beyoncé than he does his own wife.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2015, 02:25 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,312,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlcockatoo View Post
... Of course with performances and all that they create an image of inclusiveness of all groups, but the awards themselves show a different trend. It's not just a race thing; the grammys just really does not respect art, as Kanye says, and merely feeds off of public perception to make money. That RIAA run grammy alliance bs was hilarious to watch lol.
That statement is quite correct. It's not just a race or cultural thing. If there was no Latin Grammy, for example, it's likely the only Latino artist to win a Grammy would have been Gloria Estefan or Ricky Martin.

Grammy has never been known to award innovation or artistry above popularity or sales. The Beatles were active from 1960 to 1970. In their relatively short career they arguably became the most influential group of the rock era. Grammy wins during that time period? Five. Best New Artist in 1965 (halfway through their reign) and Album of the Year in 1968 for Sgt. Pepper's are the only two even relevant. Song of the Year (1967) to Lennon/McCartney for Michelle is a typical Grammy joke. It doesn't even sound like a Beatles song and John Lennon had nothing to do with it. The year after the Beatles broke up Let It Be won a Grammy. Which one? Best Original Score Written for a Motion Picture. What was Record of the Year during the height of the Beatles' power?
1963: Tony Bennett
1964: Henry Mancini
1965: Astrud Gilberto and Stan Getz
1966: Herb Alpert
1967: Frank Sinatra
1968: The Fifth Dimension

Takes awhile for the voters to catch up with "what's happening now." Hence we get things like Taylor Swift and Lady Antebellum. But it's not as bad as it used to be. Amy Winehouse won Record of the Year for Rehab three years before she died.

Old 02-12-2015, 02:37 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,418,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFigureMeOut View Post
Right? He goes harder for Beyoncé than he does his own wife.

Right, he hasn't pulled that when Ri Ri didn't win in her category but he does it for Beyonce? Dude is off.

While I like Kayne's music a little, he has mental issues no one should entertain.

He won't dare do it to another rapper because they would knock him off the stage. He knows which entertainers he can steal the show from and get away with it. But I promise he would never disrespect J Cole or Rick Ross like that in front of them.

Old 02-12-2015, 02:57 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,271,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singlelady10 View Post
Right, he hasn't pulled that when Ri Ri didn't win in her category but he does it for Beyonce? Dude is off.

While I like Kayne's music a little, he has mental issues no one should entertain.

He won't dare do it to another rapper because they would knock him off the stage. He knows which entertainers he can steal the show from and get away with it. But I promise he would never disrespect J Cole or Rick Ross like that in front of them.
Good point, but J cole is a good hip-hop artist(I love him), I highly doubt Kanye would do that based on that. I do think it's odd his fascination with Beyonce. In fact I know in the past he's made comments about alluding that Kim K was his 'Beyonce'--I think for some reason he does view Beyonce as this mythical beautiful creature that everyone should worship and adore. What makes it slightly weird, is that Kim and Beyonce aren't the best of buddies--rumors have been budding for around that Beyonce can't stand Kim and that's it well known.

OAN, I do think that he has some issues. He's always been outspoken but it seems like in recent years he's taken it to a new level, hence the offensive personality. I honestly think this was triggered when his mother died. That type of loss can literally transform a person--I didn't realize it until my mom died two years ago. It literally changed me and not necessarily for the better. I think without his mother in his life, he's lost and overcompensating, etc. He used to be a good artist, and then he seems to have fallen off music wise--it all seem like it happened right around the the time that his mom died.

Old 02-12-2015, 05:07 PM

4,040 posts, read 2,709,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singlelady10 View Post

^^This^^.

Old 02-13-2015, 10:38 PM

32,066 posts, read 15,046,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
Yep at the time I didn't think Taylor was talented. It was my opinion, and I agreed with Kanye. I thought that at the time Beyonce was more talented and had been in the industry performing for so long that she had established her name and should have earned an award. Taylor has since established herself in the industry and while I'm not fond of her music I do think she has talent NOW. And I think Beyonce is still talented but I haven't enjoyed her music lately. I'm not a part of the beeHive that worships beyonce. I loved kanye when he first came out and up until his mom died then I'm stopped being a fan of his because his music went downhill. Currently my favorite artists aren't in either genre (R&B or Hip hop), I appreciate good music and those are the artists I will support-good artists. I'm not familiar with Beck, so I don't know his music or why kanye snubbed him. But what I know about Kanye is that he isn't one to keep his opinions to himself and he speaks up and says what's on his mind. Sometimes he's right sometimes his opinions are wrong. He doesn't censor himself and people hate that about him. But it's him. I know people irl like him that are just as nfg as he is and honestly as tacky as they are I appreciate them for saying what they feel and speaking their mind and opinion. As for kanye we all can agree that his personality isn't a winner but this much uproar over a Grammy snub? Yes he's a bully but beck is a grown man that can defend himself and speak up if need be. And if his behavior is so horrible then ban him from these shows and be done with it but this shouldn't be major news.
Beck is a very humble man who showed nothing but respect and dignity to Kanye when he came up to the stage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events