U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2015, 11:15 PM

15,066 posts, read 8,590,304 times

Advertisements

Horrible.

Domino's Pizza driver kidnapped, sexually assaulted in California

Quote:
The 17-year-old boy approached the woman on Sunday with a handgun when she exited her car with the pizza in a residential area of Antioch, about 40 miles northeast of San Francisco, Antioch police said in a statement.

He ordered the woman, 22, back into the car and forced her to drive a short distance away where he sexually assaulted her, police said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2015, 12:44 AM

9,862 posts, read 13,226,041 times
Really sad. Reminds me of the poor guy delivering in Colorado when the white supremacist freak killed him and then killed that warden in Colorado Springs.

Old 02-11-2015, 09:51 AM

30,560 posts, read 9,135,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teckeeee View Post
Really sad. Reminds me of the poor guy delivering in Colorado when the white supremacist freak killed him and then killed that warden in Colorado Springs.
With all the pizza delivery people robbed, assaulted, and killed across the country every day, it reminds you of that one?

BTW, too bad she didn't have a gun. And enough with not releasing the names of these underage perps.

Old 02-11-2015, 10:20 AM

17,360 posts, read 14,876,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
With all the pizza delivery people robbed, assaulted, and killed across the country every day, it reminds you of that one?

BTW, too bad she didn't have a gun. And enough with not releasing the names of these underage perps.
I don't really get this. Where would it have been, that she could have been prepared for this guy who surprised her? Would she have gotten out of the car for every delivery with the pizza in one hand and her gun, cocked and ready, in the other? I wouldn't open the door to a pizza delivery person holding a gun in her hand. I'm not anti-gun btw, I just find this idea that if everyone just walked around 24/7 with guns in holsters on their hips, the world would be a better place and we'd all be safer. It's not that simplistic IMO.

Old 02-11-2015, 10:42 AM

13,469 posts, read 15,078,484 times
Gun wouldn't have been particularly helpful in a car anyway. You'd be better off with a decent knife. Jokes about bringing a knife to a gun fight aside, at real close range, the knife is the much better choice. When he's occupied sexually assaulting and not paying attention, a knife is far easier to slip out and use than a gun. I mean, if it's a sophisticated predator, yes, they're going to search you. Apples to donuts this guy didn't do that.

Old 02-11-2015, 11:04 AM

15,908 posts, read 9,657,072 times
In addition to my full time job, I delivered pizzas a couple of nights a week for some extra cash. Where I was delivering were some questionable areas, but there was only one time where I thought "my God I'm going to get mugged!" I had delivered to an apartment complex, and the name on the ticket was a female! So I buzz her apartment, and no response. I called the phone number provided, they hung up, and then I called back a couple of times and they wouldn't answer. Finally someone was coming in so I piggy backed behind them through the security door, and went up to the floor that the apartment was on. Well, when they answered it was a dude! He's like "yo man what the f*** you want!" I said I'm here to deliver your pizza! He snatched the receipt out of my hand and was like "gimme dat s***!" Then he hands me $15 even though the pizza was $17 and says "get outta here!" I didn't argue the shortage. Why spark a confrontation when you're not armed, other than with a pen? I had the pen in my hand because a lot of folks paid via credit card, and given we were close enough during the transaction if he was going to make a move, I was prepared to stab him in the damn jugglar if necessary! Luckily nothing happened, but at the location I worked at, it has indeed happened to delivery drivers. Sad, that there are dregs in society who prey on those who are just trying to provide a service to the public!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events