U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2015, 10:06 PM

7,022 posts, read 5,776,902 times

Advertisements

Another "Islamophobic" hate crime hoax.....

UT-Arlington student admits making up claim that gunman followed her to campus, threatened her

Fake hate crimes are so prevalent nowadays I really think it's time we started fining these Attention Seeking w***es for wasting local law enforcement's valuable time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2015, 10:57 PM

Location: NOT in the Land of lollipops & unicorns...I live in reality.
980 posts, read 861,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
I don't think it was a hate crime. he is a self-avowed "grumpy old man" from his FB page. The interview with a blonde neighbor depicts him to be a very angry and belligerent individual.

CHAPEL HILL: Victims' father says Chapel Hill triple homicide was 'hate crime' | Orange County | NewsObserver.com
I found it interesting that his wife promptly filed for divorce. Says a LOT.

Old 02-15-2015, 08:13 AM

22,947 posts, read 21,496,652 times
What I find interesting about this whole story is that many muslim orgs are up in arms about it but are almost MUTE when it comes to all the killings in the name of Allah.

I don't believe he cared a whit about their religion, he was tired of them as people and (in his mind) fixed that issue.
Now he will have plenty of time in a little cell to think about what he's done.

Old 02-15-2015, 11:44 AM

38,270 posts, read 15,339,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
What I find interesting about this whole story is that many muslim orgs are up in arms about it but are almost MUTE when it comes to all the killings in the name of Allah.....
Yep.

Now Pakistan, the country that harbored Osama bin Laden, says the NC killings were an act of terrorism (instead of HC) and are demanding to be involved in the investigation. That will go over well in NC.

Old 02-15-2015, 10:09 PM

1,372 posts, read 762,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Yep.

Now Pakistan, the country that harbored Osama bin Laden, says the NC killings were an act of terrorism (instead of HC) and are demanding to be involved in the investigation. That will go over well in NC.
How ironic. Nobody takes responsibility for ISIS or any other fundamentalist attacks. I'm still waiting for them to solve the problems in their own backyard before yelling at us for being afraid of fundamentalism.

Old 02-18-2015, 09:45 PM

1,001 posts, read 819,582 times
i don't like it when uneducated people kill educated young people.

Old 02-18-2015, 11:59 PM

7,022 posts, read 5,776,902 times
Wow only 95 posts in a hate crime thread? What gives C-D?

And the media couldn't dropped this story fast enough, wiping their hands clean of it. I wonder why?

Old 02-19-2015, 07:46 AM

22,947 posts, read 21,496,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post

And the media couldn't dropped this story fast enough, wiping their hands clean of it. I wonder why?
Maybe it was because the evidence available at this moment points to the killings being driven by a parking space/neighbor conflict instead of religion/race?

Nothing sexy or news worthy in that, no emotions to be stirred up except from the pro/anti parking spot crowd not to mention the reports that the victims "may" have pushed this guy over the edge with their ongoing button pushing behavior aside from the parking space (admittedly not a hard pushover).

I guess nowadays we're going to look at every assault or killing under a microscope to see if there's the merest suggestion of race/religion involved.

Old 02-19-2015, 10:28 AM

38,270 posts, read 15,339,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post

Because the killer was a very liberal atheist. It doesn't fit their predetermined narrative.

Old 02-19-2015, 12:09 PM

3,483 posts, read 1,699,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangokiwi View Post
How ironic. Nobody takes responsibility for ISIS or any other fundamentalist attacks. I'm still waiting for them to solve the problems in their own backyard before yelling at us for being afraid of fundamentalism.
You mean by using air power against them (Jordan, Syria, Iran, Turkey, Egypt, Bahrain, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Morocco, Qatar, Libya, Kuwait--airbase use)? Ground force engagements (Iraq/Peshmerga, Syria, Iran, Lebanon, Hezbollah)? Equipment/training (Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Qatar, Jordan)?

But nope, not trying to solve problems in their own backyard at all .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or