U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2015, 06:58 PM

2,349 posts, read 1,584,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pop251808 View Post
The readily at hand gun turned a stupid dispute that wouldn't have caught our attention into an international incident. Good going, lax gun laws!
I for one would feel much better if they were killed by having there heads cut off with a Saracen sword.
People don't kill people, guns do, all by themselves.

bill
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2015, 07:12 PM

Well at least we have learned one thing from this tragedy, The American Muslim community does not like it when you kill 3 members of there own, Kill thousands of Christians, Americans, Jews, secularist, Europeans, etc....meh.

bill

Old 02-12-2015, 07:13 PM

750 posts, read 606,793 times
Should've just joined the military if he wanted to kill terrorists!

Old 02-12-2015, 07:36 PM

5,285 posts, read 4,575,590 times
I"m pretty sure that the media doesn't get to determine a hate crime. Different laws are on the books in different areas re: the penalties for hate crimes. So like, if you kill someone, it's murder, but if you yell a racial epithet when you do the deed, could be considered a hate crime. But depending on the laws...they may or may not be convicted of a hate crime or have an additional penalty.

Quote:
From the FBI website: Defining a Hate Crime
A hate crime is a traditional offense like murder, arson, or vandalism with an added element of bias. For the purposes of collecting statistics, Congress has defined a hate crime as a “criminal offense against a person or property motivated in whole or in part by an offender’s bias against a race, religion, disability, ethnic origin or sexual orientation.” Hate itself is not a crime—and the FBI is mindful of protecting freedom of speech and other civil liberties.

Old 02-12-2015, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JobSeeker101 View Post
Should've just joined the military if he wanted to kill terrorists!
Not Obama's military, you kill Americans we release prisoners from Guantanamo bay to join you in your jihad.

bill

Old 02-12-2015, 08:40 PM

19,747 posts, read 8,253,400 times
I thought I'd read it all in this forum--the worst of people--until I read this thread. Unbelievable. Three innocent students shot in the head and executed by a dirtbag piece of scum who walked around wearing a gun on his hip like he was the sheriff of Dodge.

Whether it was over a parking space or because he hated religious people, whether he was conservative or liberal--what difference does it make? Scumbag murderers are scumbag murderers--whether they are ISIS or moronic middle aged white Americans. They are all the same--the absolute lowest common denominators of humans.

Old 02-12-2015, 09:28 PM

36,437 posts, read 41,696,241 times
^^^^My thoughts exactly. Plenty of conservatives right wing christian nuts commit horrendous crimes while plenty of non religious intolerant left leaning dimwits do the same. The point is nobody has the right to murder with impunity--no matter what the reason or argument.

Old 02-12-2015, 09:30 PM

5,822 posts, read 3,103,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
Why is the only thing we hear about these three victims is that they were (are?) Muslim?
I know its just the stupid media, but its annoying.
This would not be in the news if the headlines were "A couple and a family member killed following on-going arguments with neighbor."
Because we have been waiting 13 years for that story. Once it was known that it wasn't the husband or armed robbery the publishing order was nearly mandatory

Old 02-12-2015, 10:22 PM

2,634 posts, read 1,032,146 times
My understanding is that the murderer had a license for the gun. So I guess he was a good guy until he used his gun.

Old 02-12-2015, 10:33 PM

6,742 posts, read 3,875,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron1022 View Post
This has nothing to do with their religion this was about a guy who was obsessed with parking space being abused and the noise coming out of these kids apartment. That was the initially story. BUT, because they happen to be Muslim and he happens to be white, this makes for bigger "sensationalism" to put a spin on this. I believe his ex wife's version on him than some nobody reporter who wants their name to become big time. Spats over parking space in condos/townhomes is a huge problem in many complexes.

"He would come over to the door. Knock on the door and then have a gun on his hip saying 'you guys need to not park here,'" said Ahmad, a graduate student in chemistry at UNC-Chapel Hill. "He did it again after they got married."
Both Hicks and his neighbors complained to the property managers, who apparently didn't intervene"""

that quote came from one of the Muslim kids. Correction: Three Killed-North Carolina story

So he is admitting, yeah, they were disrespectful and pushing buttons. The parents want to turn this into a "race" issue instead of YOUR KIDS are disrespectful punks who pushed the wrong man, with a had enough button on.
I guess these Muslims learned for Al Sharpton "White man equals race card ghetto lottery."

ALWAYS BE RESPECTFUL AND STOP OFFENDING OTHERS WITH YOUR ACTIONS and things will go well. If not! oh, well. You never know who you are pushing into a corner and psycho/ing out.

NOTE: Hicks and OTHER neighbors complained to MANAGEMENT who DID NOTHING. They should be sued by Hicks lawyer for not doing anything and pushing hicks into a "crazed state." These kids psychoed Hicks out.

Keep it real.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrat View Post
Well at least we have learned one thing from this tragedy, The American Muslim community does not like it when you kill 3 members of there own, Kill thousands of Christians, Americans, Jews, secularist, Europeans, etc....meh.

bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrat View Post
Not Obama's military, you kill Americans we release prisoners from Guantanamo bay to join you in your jihad.

bill
Posts like this make my head hurt. A lot.

And somehow, Obama's name came up, again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or