Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2015, 06:04 PM

431 posts, read 596,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by psr13 View Post
They cheated, no matter what way you slice is.
Maybe they should change their name to the New England Patriots. Then they'll get away with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2015, 07:52 PM

22,974 posts, read 26,872,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Waiting? It's already here.

Jesse Jackson and Father Pfleger are already claiming racism where none exists.
Hands up, Don't shoot,Batter UP,SWING! will be the next rally cry!!

Old 02-12-2015, 09:02 PM

16,210 posts, read 8,335,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
Honey, I'm not from Chicago (or even from the Midwest), so your assumption is a fail here.
Assumption
When your stated location says Chicago, and I make mention of that fact, it is not a fail. No where did I say you were born and bred in Chicago. Maybe your limited time in IL has adversely effected your moral compass. This assumes it was working correctly to begin with.
Heck you might have a NYC attitude but be from somewhere else. Regardless, the only fail here is your attitude which I made mention of regarding excuse making, and a misguided belief most people wouldn't care about the cheating.
I would also note that you brushed aside my lengthy post to focus on something you felt you could defend, thereby missing the more important aspect of this discussion.
So whether you are from Chicago or Port Lockroy, it matters not. Your view on this situation is skewed to the point of, as you put it, "a fail".

`

Old 02-12-2015, 10:42 PM

77,739 posts, read 59,889,067 times
It's bad enough to get caught cheating in a city with a reputation for corruption.

Then, when caught red-handed, in a sport meant to develop character in youth....we have politicians and Jesse Jr. showing up to claim racism.

WTF do you think that teaches kids?

Things don't go your way? Couldn't possibly be your fault. Racism!

Jesse the shark jumper. What an arsehole.

Old 02-13-2015, 07:40 AM

21,394 posts, read 10,444,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longneckone View Post
Just for the heck of it I would like to see an investigation into the team that beat Chicago for the World Title!! (South Korea?) Were all their players from the proper boundaries? All proper age?
If we are going to take titles then let's make sure ALL winners are obeying ALL rules.
Since the kids actually won would it not be fairer to have them and Nevada be co-champs?
JRW should be punished for what they did here, regardless of whether the kids knew or if it was just the coaches. Rules are rules. But I agree that it's nearly impossible for the teams from other countries to be policed like this. How do we know they aren't getting the all stars from around the country to come here? I seem to recall some question a few years ago about a team from Japan or China, where kids were much older than the age limit. I'm also pretty sure they're not following the geographical restriction rules.

Old 02-13-2015, 09:41 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,777,749 times
Just seeing what parents do to get their kids to win, every little league team probably bends the rules. Most teams probably cheat, not just this all black team.

Old 02-13-2015, 10:57 AM

2,987 posts, read 5,226,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
I definitely think the kids knew they weren't playing on the "right" team ... but since all the adults co-signed, well, what are they going to do?

These kids lived 15-20 miles away. They knew they weren't playing on their neighborhood team.
In my area "travel" sports or club are becoming more and more popular. Kids that play travel sports don't live near each other, it is becoming normal to play with people not near you. I know this isn't "travel", but I can totally see how the kids would have no idea they are supposed to play only with kids right near them.

Also, when I grew up in a more rural area, we had kids that lived far away from each other in different schools all playing on the same team.

Old 02-13-2015, 11:08 AM

9,784 posts, read 11,441,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
ESPN is reporting that the good news is, it was still a Chicago team! Like, that matters.

Most folks believe the kids knew they were cheating. I haven't been able to find a real comment about that, but I suspect it's true. Kids know where they are eligible, and they know why they're being played by one team and not another.

My prediction is that no one involved will learn anything worth learning. They will teach themselves that everyone else is cheating, and they just got caught.

But Little League volunteers in other areas will take notice. Other teams and organizations will learn, but not the meat head managers in Chicago.
Do you have kids that play little league?
Kids do not know, nor do they care where other kids live.
Like Mentioned before, i coach a little league All-star team that went pretty Far. When you're facing teams that, 8 of the 12 kids are all 13 years old and 6ft plus in height it makes you wonder.
Most of cheating in Little League comes from affluent Rich Areas of the U.S.

Old 02-13-2015, 06:00 PM

893 posts, read 880,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
What happened is that the coach of a team that got ANNIHILATED when they played Jackie Robinson West began snooping around and throwing out allegations.

IMO, it won't matter in the eyes of the public and shouldn't matter to the players. They BEAT Las Vegas solely based on how well they played. In the end, they were the ones who got to play South Korea. That still make them national champions in my mind and possibly a lot of other people's as well.

I wish another action had been taken b/c this form of cheating doesn't affect how the kids play on the field (unlike using drugs or recruiting older kids). Something like this invalidates the hard works the kids put in just because of some boundary issues.
Umm.....So just because the kids worked hard, they should be allowed to skirt the rules? AND CHEAT????

WTF is wrong with people? We have rules for a reason

Old 02-13-2015, 06:04 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,061,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
JRW should be punished for what they did here, regardless of whether the kids knew or if it was just the coaches. Rules are rules. But I agree that it's nearly impossible for the teams from other countries to be policed like this. How do we know they aren't getting the all stars from around the country to come here? I seem to recall some question a few years ago about a team from Japan or China, where kids were much older than the age limit. I'm also pretty sure they're not following the geographical restriction rules.
International teams do get investigated and punished for cheating. A lot of it has to do with overage players, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events